Paul Joseph Friel
*** ********** **. ******* ******, Fl. 32953
(1974-1978) Bishop McDevitt High School, Wyncote, Pa.
(1978-1982) Temple University, Philadelphia, Pa. Bachelors of Science in Communications.
(1 983-1984) Phila. College of Textiles & Science, Philadelphia, Pa. ... ..12 Credits in Business Administration mechanical drawing..
• US Army Corp of Engineers CQM Training (Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors)
• OSHA 30 Hour Course for Construction Industry Certificate
• Certificates in Florida Building Code 423 SREF
• Certified Weld Inspector AWS QC1
• State Fire Marshal Rule 69A-58
• Florida Concrete & Masonry Assoc. Structural Masonry Inspector
• NFPA Certified.
• FDOT Paving 1 and Paving 2
• PCI 1 & 11 Certification
• FDOT 450
• FDOT Inspections
Results oriented construction management professional for 20 years specializing in commercial and institutional construction with knowledge of all trades and their requirements. Verifiable track record in successfully completing multi-million dollar projects through coordinating trades, developing partnerships, and developing positive rapport with architects, city officials. Vendors, and clients while maintaining costs and schedules. Versed in contract negotiations, project estimating, impending design problems, document preparation, building codes and regulations. Material procurement, and on site management thru Certificate of Occupancy.
(February 2012 – Present) The Hutton Company, Chattanooga, Tn. Project Manager and Superintendent for national retail general contractor. Currently handling the construction side of six property development/ Build projects all ranging between $1.2 and $1.6 million dollars.
• Management of six Superintendents and up to 17 sub-contractors for each project.
• Planning, Phasing, and scheduling of all trades from start to finish.
• Plan, organize and manage the overall commercial and construction development.
• Preparation of construction documents, bidding, negotiations and sub contractor selection.
• Oversee material purchasing, scheduling, project budget, building code compliance, project development, quality control and certification of occupancy.
(November 2010 – August 2011) Core Engineering and Construction, Winter Park, Fla. Superintendent/Project Manager, QC/QA Manager and Health and Safety Officer for $1.5 million dollar Asphalt overlay project at Patrick Air Force Base and 12,000 sq. ft. addition at Viera, Fl.
• Maintain an effective QC system that provides proper level feedback to client before, during, and after all construction practices.
• Plan and organize the observation and documentation of construction activities.
• Schedule and Coordinate sub-contractors and Observation of on-going work and testing/sampling of materials
• Insure proper documentation of all on-site recordable activities, including inspections, laboratory testing, and system testing as outlined in QC plan and all construction documents.
• Insure that sub-contractors QC methods are consistent with contract requirements during all elements of construction.
• Continuously monitor all personnel and sub-contractors for specification and schedule compliance.
• Arrange for coordination of meetings between work crews and PAFB users, support agencies, and tenants.
• Act as the primary point of contact with the US Army Corp. of Engineers and Air Force. Delegate authority to stop unsafe and non-compliant work practices and implement corrective measures.
(April 2004 – June 2010) Senior Supt. and Project Manager for Brevard Public Schools Construction Department. Responsible for the construction mamagement of $700 million dollars of new classroom space and renovations.
• On-site management of all construction activities on new construction work sites. Manage sub-contractors, their schedule, and material acquisition for all jobs.
• Inspection and quality assurance for all trades. Maintain updated construction plans and documents and confirm the projects are built to plans and standards.
• Daily reporting, RFIs, RFQs, Owner direct purchases, and Job cost reports.
• Complete job estimating from hard bids, labor, and material via Timberline and Microsoft Project Management.
(Sept. 2003 – July 2004) Blue Ribbon Roofing and Siding, Toms River, N.J. Statewide roofing and siding labor and material contractor.
• Sales Manager for Cape May, Atlantic, and part of Ocean County selling and project management for commercial and residential exterior projects for builders such as JS Hovnanian, K Hovnanian, Paparone, Casinos, and Hospitals, Kara Homes, U.S. Homes, Ryland etc. Duties include working with contractors from conception, design, budget, and construction of custom and tract home developments. Developed new custom high end market for homes of 1 million and more.
(Aug. 2000- Sept. 2003) Scafisi Builders, Blackwood, N.J. Regional residential and commercial builder. Superintendent and project management taking jobs from conception to certificate of occupancy. Managed three (3) teams of 10 laborers and carpenters.
(Sept.1981-May Aug 2000)--Edward J. Friel Company Philadelphia, Pa. Estimator and Project Manager for major (Union) manufacturing facility and General Contractor.
• Work included estimating, field measurement, budgeting, conceptual and layout work of custom woodwork such as bank counters, registration desks, conference room tables, bars, restaurants etc. along with estimates for drywall, lighting, glazing, flooring and storefront. Liaison between company and union including claims and benefits, unemployment law, taxes etc .
• Literate with mechanical, electrical and architectural plans, and CADD, Timberline, Primavera, and Microsoft Project.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, Primavera, Timberline, RS Means, CAD Desktop 2000, outlook and American Contractor. FBC LL2 Inspector. Skill Path Project Management and Construction Management courses completed
Salary Requirements: Negotiable