*** **** **** ***** ~ Ogden UT 84414
Experienced Process Systems Manager
Experienced systems engineer with proven record of providing systems engineering and enterprise services. Experience in strategic and tactical business analysis tools, including schedule analysis, DCMA 14pt analysis, metric development and trending. Experience in schedule assessment Risk Opportunity Analysis, Earned Value Analysis, Risk Opportunity and Mitigation Analysis. Broad experience in project management, and systems engineering. Proficient in mathematical modeling, statistical modeling, Python scripting, response surface modeling, optimizing designs and processes in a production environment. Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt trained with a documented record of efficiently using statistical modeling and optimizing methods on moderately complex to complex processes. Demonstrated record of developing and integrating systems. Demonstrated background in modeling, characterization and optimization of production pilot assembly lines using experimental designs. Experience in conducting engineering trades, work in verification and validation of hardware.
• 5 years systems engineering and management experience
• 10 years commercial market experience
• 8 years working experience in defense programs
• 12 year’s experience modeling and simulation
• Advanced analysis techniques including VBA, FORTRAN, C++, Python scripting
• Operational Leadership
• TS\SCI\SSBI Security Clearance
• Systems Engineering Certificate University of Utah 40% complete
• Completed a graduate program management course at the U of U. (Grade A).May’07
• Six Sigma Green Belt certified
• Visual Basic and Visual Basic for Applications
• Microsoft Visual Studio
• Black Belt Trained
• INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional Handbook training
• Program Management Institute (PMI) Program Management Professional ( PMP) Training
• Post graduate training
• M.S. Analytical Chemistry Texas A&M University
• Completed Coursework for MS in Biochemistry Wayne State University
• B.A. Chemistry (Wayne State University)
• Internship Polymeric Materials Branch – NASA Langley Research Center
• NASA Graduate Researcher Fellowship
ATK, El Segundo, CA October 2010 ~
GEO-2 Lead Systems Engineer/Staff Engineer VI
• Systems Engineer in support of TASC in a SE&I contract for Space Based Infrared Satellite (SIBRS) System.
• Development of strategic and tactical enterprise business analysis tools for the USAF.
• Serve as direct interface with the Air Force Directorate at the Branch and Division Chief level at Los Angeles Air Force Base providing program support including schedule, risk assessment of integration processes including technical maturity assessment of hardware through V&V testing, Requirements Analysis, leading to GEO-1 Launch in May 2011 as well as subsequent launches of remaining constellation elements, early on-orbit testing, anomaly resolution.
• Invented, developed and proofed a process for implementing a Translator software to convert Lockheed Martin’s Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) in to MS Project which enable “What if” scenarios to reduce schedule risk.
o Recognition by senior Air Force leadership for Translator work as a “Strategic Advantage” to the Government.
o Received ATK A3 Award for work.
ATK, Promontory, Utah
Polymer Modeling & Simulation January 2007 ~ October 2010
Technical Project Manager/Staff Engineer VI
• Successfully lead a team of Chemists, Physicists and Engineering in the design, integration, and demonstration of embedded Hall Effect Sensors into Trident submarine launched missile to verify grain displacements during motor operation. Received ATK A3 Award for saving the project and securing additional work from Lockheed Martin.
US Patent Pending
• Successfully developed a nonlinear viscoelastic anisotropic material model for use in FEA modeling of fiber reinforced rubber insulation.
Presented paper at JANNAF meeting Las Vegas 2009.
• Successfully measured fracture toughness of individual 200 micron ammonium perchlorate particles embedded in hyper-elastic polymer using time resolved microscopy and finite element analysis Abaqus CAE.
• Successfully used design of experiments to model and optimize the fluorine content in UV curable epoxy silicone formulations for adhesion to aluminum and minimized polymer swelling in JP8 fuel for use as a concept UV curable stealth coating for aircraft.
• Evaluated several ceramic thermal spray coatings for protection of concrete and steel aircraft carrier decks.
ITT Space Systems Division, Rochester, NY October 2002 ~ January2007
Division Leader Specialty Engineering – Systems Engineering
• Division lead systems engineer in Specialty Engineering organization for Contamination and Process Development for large aperture imaging systems.
• Technical lead, mentored and taught approximately 10 Ph.D., MS and BS chemists, engineers and physicists
• Developed a mathematical model which describes the particle distribution likely to remain adhered to critical optical surfaces during launch (Optical Engineering May 2006
Agere Systems, Allentown, PA August 2000 ~ March 2002
Member of the Technical Staff
• Worked as a systems engineer and interfaced with optical physicists to establish project requirement for mounting micro-optics on a generic optical bench for high volume production.
• Designed surface treatments and adhesive formulations for bonding micro-optics to a 304 and 303 stainless steel optical bench for high volume manufacturing.
• Developed aggressive process simulation model to remove processes that were shown not to significantly affect product performance.
Corning Incorporated, Corning, NY August 1998 ~ August 2000
Supervisor – Process Research Center
• Worked in the Polymer Core Technology group to develop new applications for polymers Opto-electronics including metal protect, environmentally durable adhesives, optical path adhesives and contamination insensitive UV curable adhesives and coatings.
• Invented a negative thermal expansion substrate designed to “athermalize” fiber Bragg gratings using developing a process for controlled extrusion of liquid polymers.
• Worked as a lead process engineer at Corning Process Research Center to model and trouble shoot pilot line issues associated with the production of Liquid Crystal Displays, hermetic sealing of athermalized ceramic mounted fiber Bragg Gratings.
• Developed and patented sol-gel coating for protecting beta-eucryptite ceramics to help preserve negative thermal expansion properties.
• Invented a family of UV curable epoxies that exhibited statistically insignificant reduction in tensile properties upto 53 mg/cm2 grease. All commercial adhesives tested failed at 0.3mg/cm2.
Thiokol Corporation, Promontory, Utah August 1991 ~ August 1998
Senior Principal Engineer
• I discovered and patented an environmentally friendly sol-gel surface treatment for simultaneously cleaning, passivating, and preparing metal surface for bonding
o Currently in full production at the Rocket Center W. VA.
o I was recognized nationally by the American Chemical Society for this work as a “Hero of Chemistry.
o In current use on 1st stage Minuteman
• Performed fracture assessment on Peacekeeper rocket motors
• Invented a bonded nozzle insert capable of ~10,000 psi internal pressure for use in 2.75” rockets. Currently in full production at ABL Rocket Center W.VA.