Michael A. Emery, E.I.T.
• Microsoft Office (Writing Macros)
FloDesign Wind Turbine Waltham, MA June 2011-April 2012
Mechanical Design/Test Engineer
• Tested and Assessed Test models
o Ran and Evaluated tests at MIT Wind Tunnel and Lockheed Martin Low Speed Wind Tunnel
o Utilized Macros in Excel to create spreadsheets that would make the process of evaluating the tunnel data more efficient
o Tested and validated models in wind tunnel to confirm colleagues CFD results
• Designed Test Equipment
o Conceptualized and Designed a Tilt Tower using Hydraulic equipment for lifting a heavy structure into place in the wind tunnel
o Conducted Design work on wind turbine test models
o Designed and worked with actuating mechanisms
o Utilized GD&T on Mechanical drawings using the CAD Software SolidWorks
o Worked with suppliers to acquire and fabricate parts specified by mechanical drawings
• Worked with Electronic Equipment
o Created Cat5 Cables and quick disconnects for instrumentation
o Evaluated and troubleshot the location of faulty connections and corrected them
o Identified and acquired load sensing equipment for specific applications
• Involved in a design process from conceptualization to assembly and testing
o Assembled fabricated parts received and made adjustments where necessary to ensure a working model
• Conducted Vibration Analysis
o Determined an Inertial Measurement Unit(IMU) capable of recording vibration during testing
o Analyzed data in real time and was able to give instant feedback during testing
o Post-Processed data by using FFT to convert to the frequency domain: Looked for Aliasing, Resonance, and Natural Frequencies
FloDesign Wind Turbine Wilbraham, MA Summer 2010
Summer Mechanical Engineer Intern
• Designed, assembled, and executed testing to determine if a Eddy Break Current Dynamometer could be implemented in a Suck Down Tunnel
• Processed test data and offered judgment based upon computed results
• Assisted on the creation of a Data Base involving Wind Tunnel Testing conducted at MIT
Western New England College, Springfield, MA
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) (Concentration in Green Engineering) Class of 2011
• Wind/Water Turbine Fundamentals
• Mechanical Vibrations
• Design of Machine Elements
• Design of Solar Energy Systems
• Heat Transfer
• Fluid Mechanics (Pelton Wheel Project)
• Thermodynamics I (Pump project)
• Materials Science
• Mechanical Laboratory I-III
• Measurement Computing & Mechatronics
• Mechanics of Materials (Bridge)
• Statics & Dynamics (Bike Maximization)
• RAP Leaf Blower (FloDesign Sponsored Senior design project) 2011
• Hybrid Electric Car (Mechanical Laboratory III-Multidisciplinary project) 2010
• ASME H2GO Student Design Competition (1st place in Regional’s) 2011
• President of Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) 2010-2011
• Awarded First Place in the Bridge Busting Competition 2009
Manager Mechanical Engineering
Sudbury, MA - shipyard, mechanical design, naval, yard, defense,...
Engineering Power Plant
Boston, MA - wind, ansys, solidworks, energy, milling,...
Mechanical Engineer Design
Framingham, MA - mechanical engineer, assembly, solidworks,...
Boston, MA - hvac, press, mechanical engineer, simulation, cad,...
Mechanical Engineering Engineer
Boston, MA - ansys, labview, mechanical engineering, solidworks,...
Lowell, MA - drafter, electro, solidworks, inventor, autodesk,...
Boston, MA - injection molding, molding, injection,...