Shannon Cholene Smith
*** *. ***** ******, ******, AL, 36832
I am a friendly, loyal and dedicated individual who can adapt to any environment. I work extremely hard and I love to learn. I am always up to a challenging situation. My various experiences have allowed me to gain the skills to work well with diverse groups. However, I work efficiently on my own. I am seeking a position where I can further develop my skills, while giving my best to my employer. My passion and interest are the well-being of animals.
SUMMARY OF ACHIEVEMENTS
• Under the supervision of the Human Resources Director, re- structured 75 employee files to become compliant with agency protocols, contracts and policy.
• Developed a storage system that catergorized over 400 storage boxes for agency control and identification.
• Organized programs and safety manuals to help the agency lower their insurance cost by $ 4,000.
• Recruited over fifteen students to join the Agency’s Mentorship program.
• Facilitated adoptions for over 1,000 dogs including senior and long residency dogs.
December 2011-July 2012 Centinela Animal Hospital Inglewood, CA
• Phone reception; answering client inquiries, scheduling appointments, recording messages for doctors and staff
• Greeting clients; checking patients in, discharging patients, dispensing medications & prescriptions, invoicing
• Inputting data into electronic medical record system
• Receiving Client Payments- posting & recording payments, receiving payment, running end of day transaction register
• Check clinic email, fax, & phone messaging, prescription refill requests, appointment requests, client inquiries
• Client Communication, patient updates, appointment reminders, update inquiries
• General Office duties- mail, hospital bills, cleaning / organizing reception area
• Knowledge of hospital procedures and operating instructions for making appointments, assembling patient medical records, recording test results, relaying information regarding patient’s condition, and compiling and submitting data on patients treated.
• Knowledge of the spelling and meaning of commonly used terminology of veterinary medicine to accurately record results of tests and file veterinary medical reports according to alpha, numeric or subject matter headings.
July 2010-present Irvine Animal Care Center Irvine, CA
Animal care attendant
• Tend to the everyday needs of animals in a variety of settings, including kennels, clinics, and the overall shelter.
• Handling strays, quarantine, and sick animals.
• Fill out observation sheets for animal behavior assessment.
• Assist supervisor with animal behavior assessment test.
• Feed and groom the animals, clean their kennels, and examine the animals to make sure that they are well. Play with the animals, provide companionship, and observe behavior.
• Assist in clinical procedures such as vaccinations, and intakes.
• Place all adoptable animals into permanent, loving, responsible pet homes and reunite owner-identified animals with their owners
• Promotes human responsibility for companion animals.
• Greeted and assessed individuals for potential adoptions.
June 2009-Nov. 2009 Personal Involvement Center Los Angeles, CA
Human Resources Assistant
• Process payroll.
• File, organize folders, and make copies.
• Assisted Human Resource Manager in implementing safety plan to reduce Worker’s Compensation rates.
• Re-structured systems to efficiently manage all purged and stored documentation files.
Aug. 2008- April 2009 Carl’s JR Pomona, CA
• Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, and solid product knowledge.
• Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements, as well as communicate customer requests to management and maintain orderly appearance of the register area and supplies stocked.
• Process information and merchandise through a register system; communicate with the associates and customers.
• Read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation and operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
Sept. 2008- June 2009 University Housing Services Pomona, CA
Resident Advisor/Program Coordinator/Student Assistant/Receptionist
• Organize and facilitate several social, educational events and workshops every quarter, to ensure that residents had an opportunity to engage with their peers in the halls and within the campus community.
• Work cooperatively with residents in a learning centered environment to foster a safe and welcoming community, opportunities for growth, leadership and academic achievement, and to respect and value lifestyles and cultures.
• Assist students with various office equipment such as; computer applications, fax machines, copiers, and scanners.
• As the voice of the company, I ensured that all guest were well respected and given the appropriate information.
• Provide several programs, such as making calendars and hosting events for the students that come into the center to keep them aware of all activities and events that was taking place on campus.
June 2005-Aug. 2006 Pet Set Inn Gardena, CA
Groomers Assistant/ Kennel Assistant/Veterinarian Assistant
• Responsible for bathing animals.
• Helped walk dogs and clean animal kennels.
• Schedule surgery dates/appointments.
09/2007-2010 California State Polytechnic University at Pomona Pomona, CA
Major: Animal Science Pre-Vet GPA: 3.4
* Leadership Award (Fall 2008)
* Student Life Completion (Spring 2009)
University Housing Services (2009)-Resident Advisor
Black Student Union (2007-2009)
Shades of Queens (2007-2009)-Treasure
Students in Fashion Club (2007-2009)
Student Advanced Honors Club (2004-2007)-Team Captain
Women’s Varsity Track Team (2004-2006)
Associated Student Body (2004-2007)
Varsity Cheer Team (2005-2007)-Team Captain
Foreign Student Exchange (2005-2006)
Microsoft word processor, excel, PowerPoint
Maxine Perryman 323-***-****
Anthony Hodge 310-***-****
LaRonda Nelson 323-***-****
Brittany Stancil 310-***-****