To obtain a teaching position where I can utilize the teaching skills I have developed throughout my college experience and previous experience as a teacher assistant.
Relevant Skills: Good organization, strong classroom management skills, strong communication
Computer Skills: Windows, PowerPoint, windows photo gallery, Microsoft word.
Key qualities: patient, empathetic, able to create a non bias multicultural classroom environment, ability to work with students with different leaning styles.
MSE, Early Childhood Education, The City College of New York CUNY, May 2011 GPA 3.6
B.A. Psychology, The City College of New York, May 2003 GPA 2.7
Curriculum Development in the ECE, Multicultural Education, Teaching Art in Early Childhood, Mathematic in the Elementary School, Teaching Reading in the Early Childhood Settings, How Young Children Learn Science, Social Studies in the EC Curriculum, literacy in Early Childhood, Including Young Children with Special needs.
Student Teaching, CPEII (New York, NY) 9/10-12/10
• Prepare lessons age appropriate for students
• Engage students with hands on activities to enhance students learning
• Assist students when in need
• Use play through the different areas in the classroom as a basis for learning
Teacher Assistant for Bilingual Pupil Services (Brooklyn NY) 9/01-06/04
• Prepare and impart lessons
• Impart lessons to the students below standards to help them get up to speed
• Create lessons student centered
• Help teacher organization in classroom and with correcting homework
Early Childhood Education (Initial/Professional Certification)
School Violence Intervention and Prevention / Child Abuse Intervention