**** ******** **** ● Jacksonville, FL 32259
904-***-**** ● email@example.com
IT/Finance/Consulting ● Middle Market
High performance technical manager with over 18 years of experience operating, managing and consulting growth-oriented companies in diverse industries. Business background rooted in technology and project management consulting for Fortune 500 companies, branching in to management position within a middle market manufacturing and distribution firm. Experience yields holistic perspective and the ability to make smart decisions based on ROI. 100% in-full delivery rate of projects during career. Eternally curious about new technology. Enjoys developing and managing top talent.
Technology: IT Strategy, System Design & Architecture, Software Development & Implementation, Information Systems
Finance: Financial Modeling, P&L, Financial Reporting, Accounting & Taxes, AP/AR, Credit Management, Investments
Management: Strategic & Operation Planning, JV/Partnerships, Risk Management, HR, Sales, Customer Service, Resource Allocation, International Operations, Contract Negotiations, HR, Recruiting, Staff Management & Development
GEM PRODUCTS, INC., Jacksonville, FL (2003-2009)
The leading manufacturer, importer and distributor of stainless steel marine products.
Information Technology Manager
Lead decision-making authority for all technology functions for the multi-million dollar company. Identify and mitigate business and operational risks worldwide, with accountability for budgeting, P&L, acquisitions/due diligence /integration, accounting information systems, human resources information systems, enterprise resource planning systems, customer relationship management systems and all corporate operational systems. Collaborate with executive leadership team to develop company strategy and make marquee operational decisions. Manage IT staff consisting of both internal employees and external consultants. Manage 6 direct support staff and 10 indirect support staff.
Technology Development & Implementation
• Managed project teams consisting of internal employees and external consultants to meet business needs.
• Interacted with finance, operations, engineering and sales teams to document process flows and develop and document system requirements. Ensured documentation and training was completed.
• Implemented 20 new software applications, such as a Microsoft CRM system and RFID projects.
• Led project team (5 employees & 5 Microsoft contractors) to replace several outdated AP/AR, Inventory, Sales and financial systems with a new Microsoft Navision EPR system ($2M budget.) Utilized Microsoft Project for project management.
• Implemented Windows domain, DNS, internal e-mail system with Microsoft Exchange, internal website for employee use providing employee tools, human resources, benefit, and payroll tools and reports to employees.
• Provided Systems Administration in 24x7 environment across Windows, Linux and Sun Solaris Servers.
• Implemented and supported Symantec NetBackup 24x7 environment, disaster recovery planning and procedures and offsite backup storage capabilities.
• Implemented credit card software that integrated with corporate ERP system to ensure that credit card orders could not ship without approval, which was done automatically by the ERP system. Previously a very manual process that was prone for errors.
• Implemented reporting package that provided detailed and customized reporting and analytics to every department within the corporation. Reporting package became the centerpiece to managing every department within the company and provided all managers the ability to have any data at their fingertips quickly.
• Supported Microsoft Dynamics Navision environment and continually implemented improvements to create corporate efficiencies and improve processes and procedures.
• Integrated multiple database applications using Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, MySQL and Navision’s proprietary database filing system.
RICHARD PARKINSON ● page 2 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
• Achieved outstanding corporate growth to outpace the S&P 500 between 2003 and 2008 – revenue grew at 30% and profit grew at 20% on an annualized basis.
• Key contributor in growing company revenues and shifting the company portfolio to products with higher margin through the formation of strategic partnerships – company net margin grew from 7% to 10%.
o Identified two opportunities for business alliances that were successfully implemented in 2006 & 2007 which added approximately 10% incremental revenue for the overall company.
o Managed the negotiations and implementations of five transactions (1 acquisition and 4 alliances) which represent 35% of the company revenues in 2008.
• Successfully championed the creation of a retail (aftermarket) sales program to expand company reach into new market, adding 25% in sales. Recruited and trained 7 sales reps to fill technical-oriented sales positions.
• Directed a major project ($2.5M budget) to remodel and expand the corporate office location to increase workspace by 100% and warehouse space by 25%, and to adhere to government safety standards for hurricane preparedness.
• Spearheaded company’s expansion into the Chinese workforce, opening a corporate office in Shanghai in 2004.
o Researched and analyzed Chinese government regulations for US companies operating in China.
o Hired a Chinese-national Director of Operations to manage daily operations from location and to provide insight on the Chinese way of doing business.
o Directed process of setting up a physical office in Shanghai, including legal compliance, identifying office space, signing a lease, developing the organization, hiring Chinese talent and setting up IT network.
VERITAS SOFTWARE CORPORATION, Mountain View, CA (1999-2003)
International software company with a focus on storage management - merged with Symantec in 2005.
Managing Principle Consultant, 2001-2003
Sr. Consultant, 1999-2000
Identified as the most senior consultant in the Southeastern US region of Veritas. Designed software solutions for a wide range of customers. Managed projects from $10K to over $60M with the authority to allocate clients’ contracted dollars to specific projects and tasks. Ensured projects were completed on time and within budget and provided project reports to both client and corporate management. Started as technical expert on projects, and then promoted to become the strategic leader for project planning and implementation. Fully responsible for people management including staffing, training, mentoring and project assignment responsibilities for junior consultants.
Selection of Clients: AOL, Bank of America, Verizon, CSX, GE Financial, Capital One, Texas Instruments, AllState, Alltel, AT&T, BellSouth, Convergys, Disney, Fannie Mae, GMAC, Johnson & Johnson, FirstUSA and Lockheed Martin.
• Recognized as the highest-producing consultant for Veritas - successfully completed over 200 projects (50% more than the average consultant) during tenure by electing to manage several projects at a time.
• Assisted the consulting group to grow from 20 employees to over 500 employees worldwide by fostering a culture of productivity and success which attracted top talent.
o Personally recruited and hired 15 employees, sourced from past employers and personal contacts.
o Trained, developed and managed over 20 high-potential consultants that were promoted within the organization during tenure.
CAREER NOTE: Previous experience includes Project Manager and Unix Systems Administrator at American Computer Technologies, Project Manager/Principle Consultant at Digital Equipment Corporation working on DOD Unix projects and Project Manager, Technical Lead and Systems & Network Admin at National Security Agency / United States Air Force working with Unix and Windows environments, College Professor at University of Phoenix Jacksonville & Online.
MS, Computer Information Systems (CIS): University of Phoenix, Jacksonville, FL
MBA: University of Phoenix, Jacksonville, FL
BS, Computer Information Systems (CIS): University of Maryland, College Park, MD