OBJECTIVE Detail-oriented proposal manager with over fifteen years of experience in sales, marketing, administration and customer service. Dedicated to assisting a company in reaching its goals with a superior record of surpassing expectations, willing to do what needs to be done for those goals to be reached.
• Experience in writing and coordinating highly effective RFPs, RFIs, and sales presentations
• Proposal experience in the IT, Staffing, Financial and Automotive industries
• Event management experience
• Excellent Inside Sales and Customer Service Skills
• Experience creating marketing materials and handling a marketing campaign from start to finish
• Experienced with MS Office - Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook; Lotus Notes, ACT!; the Internet; photo imaging software, and web editing software
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
HORIBA INSTRUMENTS, INC., Troy, Michigan June 2008 - Present
Responsible for coordinating and writing of proposal and quotations for automotive test systems supplier. Compile costing from various groups within the company including engineering, project management and service. Build master cost sheets and create quote summaries. Collaborate with sales executives to create technical proposals and determine selling price of quote. Increasing knowledge of costing and sales margins. Work with minimum supervision. Manage several proposals and quotes at same time and and strive to do what it takes to meet project deadlines.
• Chosen to be the proposal manager on large government proposal due to past experience and skill level
• Instrumental in improving quote and proposal processes within group
CREATIVE GROUP, Southfield, Michigan January 2008 – June 2008
Placed on a temporary contract basis for Ernst & Young. Managed the sales proposal process for the client from kick off meeting to final submission. Provided standard content for proposals and presentations, along with formatting and editing documents and presentations. Responsible for following stringent rules of each proposal submission to make sure each submission is compliant. Worked with subject matter experts and firm partners to compile proposal content. Partnered with graphics department to generate graphics and other visuals. Exposure to the financial industry.
• Managed multiple proposals at the same time
• Met deadlines and lead teams of various sizes to keep proposal submissions on track
Pamela Swider, page 2
ADECCO, Auburn Hills, Michigan May 2007 – September 2007
Temporary Office Support
Performed a variety of office administration duties at local Herman Miller Sales Office where responsible for supporting Sales Manager, processing invoices, and running sales reports.
• Gained exposure to sales team dynamics
• Assisted sales manager in office move
KELLY SERVICES, INC. Troy, Michigan October 2006 - May 2007
Proposal Writer/ Executive Sales Support Analyst
Responsible for managing the writing and coordinating of RFPs and RFIs for staffing firm. Worked directly with National Sales Managers, District Managers and Branch Managers. Set time line for proposal production. Worked within tight deadlines. Ran strategy meetings to discuss how proposal would be written and presented to clients. Responsible for providing standard RFP content.
• Learned about staffing industry
• Utilized RFP Express to organize standard proposal content
PEROT SYSTEMS CORPORATION, Livonia, Michigan May 2003 - October 2006
Proposal Manager & Executive Sales Support for Perot Systems, July 2004 - October 2006
Earned promotion following superior performance and demonstrating ability to quickly learn. Worked with business development team, managing the Request for Proposal and Request for Information submission process for major Information Technology corporation. Supported sales executives in an administrative role including research, scheduling and event management. Used project management skills to create and monitor time line of proposal deliverables and insure that deadlines are met. Scheduled and monitored proposal strategy meetings. Worked collaboratively with multiple subject matter experts in developing professional and effective proposals. Researched, wrote and updated reusable content for maintenance of a proposal database. Worked with graphics department to create dynamic graphics to be used in proposals and presentations. Provided standard content for proposals and presentations, along with formatting and editing documents and presentations. Responsible for following stringent rules of each proposal submission to make sure each submission was compliant, including government proposals. Managed multiple projects with tight deadlines at the same time. Used MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint extensively. Experienced with working virtually and coordinating with team members located in various locations, globally. Provided marketing support for Commercial Solutions Group, including creating and editing marketing collateral, such as glossies and leave behinds.
• Managed Proposal Process from initial kick off meeting to delivery of final document
• Coordinated Perot Systems presence at a national trade show
Distribution Support Analyst for Audi of America with Perot Systems, May 2003-July 2004
Requested by Audi of America to be hired by Perot Systems. Assisted Audi of America dealerships and Sales Field Team with a variety of issues, mainly centering around distribution of vehicles from the factory to the auto dealerships. Responsible for assisting automotive dealers and field sales team with ordering vehicles, utilizing the computer system, handling distribution problems, tracking vehicles, and implementing sales incentive programs. Streamlined tasks within Distribution Support Center to increase efficiency. Trained new Support Center Consultants. Helped to expand responsibilities of Support Center.
• Completed Successful Project Management class
• Honed problem resolution skills assisting dealerships with variety of questions and issues
• Supported Account and Sales Executives
• Exhibited superior customer service skills
Pamela Swider, page 3
ENTECH PERSONNEL, Troy, Michigan June 2000-May 2003
Distribution Support Analyst for Volkswagen of America
Held same responsibilities as role above working on the Volkswagen Distribution Support Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Position was absorbed by Perot Systems.
HURON VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT, Highland, MI December 1999-June 2000
Responsible for performing educational duties in a variety of classrooms throughout the school district.
• Substituted for teachers at various grade levels
• Exhibited skills of adaptability by adjusting to various teaching methods used in classrooms
NEWARK ELECTRONICS, Troy, Michigan May 1999-October 1999
Inside Sales Representative
Responsible for contacting new and current businesses in the automotive and manufacturing industry to increase sales in assigned territory for the electronic component distributor. Generatedsales, assisted with returns, customer sample requests, and expedites of customer orders. Worked with quotas and forecasts.
• Gained exposure to the manufacturing and automotive industry
• Instrumental in changing inside sales procedures to increase representative call volumes
• Increase sales in territory by 25%
CADILLAC PLASTICS, Troy, Michigan June 1998-February 1999
Inside Sales Representative
Marketed to a variety of end users of plastic sheets and tubing, including customers in the automotive industry. Utilized the latest in pricing and quotation systems to achieve an exceptional level of customer satisfaction. Responsible for both sales and customer service calls.
• Handled extensive number of phone calls
• Responsible for presenting quotations to large accounts
• Increase sales by 30% within territory
DARBY DENTAL SUPPLY, Troy, Michigan October 1997-April 1998
Inside Sales Representative
Responsible for building territory in new sales office contacting dental office and marketing dental supplies. Also performed customer service activities, including order entry, expediting and customer complaints.
• Top sales performer for regional office
• Assisted in updating current database
ALLIED REHABILITATION, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan April 1997-October 1997
Responsible for obtaining new business by negotiating contracts with nursing homes and hospitals to provide physical therapy services by utilizing tele-communications skills. Created a marketing program to increase awareness of services offered within the industry, including composing sales literature and marketing to local doctor offices.
• Implemented use of ACT! database for contact management
• Presented contracts to nursing home administrators and doctors
Pamela Swider, page 4
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY SERVICES, Clearwater, Florida August 1994-January 1996
Inside Sales Representative and Supervisor
Managed assigned territory by contacting current and prospective accounts to market pharmaceutical packaging supplies and equipment. Also contacted hospitals to market generic unit dose line by Vangard Pharmaceuticals. Increased sales by 25% of prior year in that territory. Met or exceeded all sales goals that were assigned. Trained and supervised a team of three inside sales representatives.
• Pioneered inside sales department
• Attended national sales meetings to increase sales and presenting skills
Michigan State University. East Lansing, Michigan Bachelors of Science in Animal Science, 1993