ALEXANDER F. SEDLECKY
Buford, GA 30519 www.linkedin.com/in/asedlecky C: 770-***-****
Vice President, President, Board of Directors, General Manager, Senior Management Team, P&L Responsibility, Marketing Director, Sales Director, Customer Marketing, Trade Marketing, Finance, MBA, Ivy League, Top School, Innovation, New Product Development, Stage Gate, Vision, CPG, Consumer Packaged Goods, Brand Manager, Product Manager, Sales Manager, Private Label, Reengineering, Reorganization, Strategy, Strategic Planning, New Business Development, New Channel Development, Direct Sales, Direct Marketing, Turn-around, Change Management, Acquisitions, Joint Venture, Venture Capital, Project Management, Consulting, Consultant, Written and Verbal Communication, Presentation Skills, Advertising, Television, Radio, Print, Direct Mail, Pricing Strategy, Public Relations, Human Resource Management, Sales Promotion Management, Internet Marketing, Website, Call Center, Team Leader, Team Management, Team Player, Consumer Research, Market Research, Frozen Food, Refrigerated Food, Beverages, Juice, Coffee, Tea, Wine, Bakery, Meats, Fruit, Retail, Foodservice, Home Delivery, Club Stores, Military, Canada, Bakery, Deli, Pies, Cakes, Pizza, Asian, Dispensers, Packaging, Organic
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Vice President of Sales and Marketing / General Manager with consistent record of leadership and achievement. Adept at driving growth, profitability and innovation demonstrated by over 20 years in Marketing, Sales, Finance and Human Resource Management. Expertise in charting corporate strategies, turnarounds and optimizing business performance. Impact player with ability to step into a leadership role in a dynamic organization and quickly excel.
FRANKLIN GROVE AND ASSOCIATES CONSULTING, LLC – ATLANTA, GA 2008-Present
VP, General Manager
Retained Management Consultant: Innovative Strategic Platforms, Turnarounds, Pre-Acquisition Due-Diligence, New Product Development, Business Model Optimization, Sales and Marketing Management.
THE SCHWAN FOOD COMPANY - Marshall, MN 2004-2008
Director of Marketing – Home Service (Home Delivery Channel), 2007-2008
Led turnaround of Home Service via creation, testing and implementation of new business models, innovative marketing & selling strategies and new growth platforms to revitalize Schwan’s core business.
Business Unit Size: $1.3B Number Employees Managed: 5
* Designed business model that reversed 2-year sales declines, achieving 21% growth over prior year.
* Created innovative marketing and selling strategies, leveraging call center, web based product catalog, break-through direct-mail vehicles and dynamic direct selling techniques.
* Charted transforming growth platforms including demographic targeting and strategic alliances.
Director of Customer (Trade) Marketing – Pizza/ Bakery (Retail Channel), 2006-2007
Directed $272MM of customer marketing to support Freschetta, Red Baron and Tony’s pizza businesses and $70MM of support for Mrs. Smith’s and Edwards desserts.
Business Unit Size: $1.2B Pizza/ $.4B Bakery Number Employees Managed: 4
* Led successful integration of Schwan’s Retail Bakery into Schwan’s Consumer Brands.
* Shaped business strategies as member of Senior Management Team.
* Orchestrated new trade promotion and slotting policies that enhanced profitability by $9.7MM/yr.
* Crafted 5-Year New Channels Development Strategy to generate $50MM/yr of incremental revenue.
* Conceptualized new product line that became #1 growth engine of Schwan’s Bakery.
Director of Marketing – Bakery-Deli (Foodservice Channel), 2004-2006
General management and P&L responsibility, consumer and customer marketing, new products (Stage Gate process) and business unit strategies for In-Store Bakery-Deli Desserts, Pizza, and Asian product lines.
Business Unit Size: $130MM Number Employees Managed: 6
* Assumed general management leadership of In-Store Bakery to radically restructure business.
* Implemented new production and inventory policies to achieve supply chain optimization.
* Consolidated manufacturing, closing 1 plant and transitioning 104 products to alternative facilities.
* Improved profitability $7.5MM/yr through revenue-enhancement and cost-savings initiatives.
* Led fast-track Bakery-Deli trans-fat-free conversion, reformulating 176 products in 15 months.
GROWTH AND PROFIT ASSOCIATES CONSULTING - Tampa, FL 2003-2004
VP, Sales and Marketing
Managed national Sales and Marketing organizations for W.G. Roe juice company.
* Developed new product and package strategies that saved Noble juice distribution at Wal-Mart Supercenters.
* Introduced organic citrus juices as a defendable niche position against larger competitors.
VITALITY BEVERAGES, INC. (formally Lykes Brothers, Inc.) Tampa, FL 1985-2003
Director, Hot Beverages and New Products (Foodservice Channel), 2001-2003
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND (continued)
General management and P&L responsibility for Hot Beverage Portfolio and New Products including coffee, tea, cappuccino and hot chocolate product lines for the US and Canada.
Business Unit Size: $225MM Number Employees Managed: 4
* Led new shelf-stable liquid coffee product line/ dispensers and Latin beverage growth initiatives.
Launched Sunsational cocktail/smoothie mixes that achieved 230% of annual revenue objective.
* Directed internal and external engineering teams to complete 18 critical dispenser projects in 6 months.
* Drove development of next generation juice and hot beverage dispensers.
Director of Sales and Marketing (Retail Channel), 2000-2001
Director of New Products (Retail Channel), 1999-2000
Director of Marketing (Retail Channel), 1991-1999
Group Product Manager - Product Manager (Retail Channel), 1985-1991
Managed Marketing, Marketing Services and Sales organizations for Sunkist, FloridaGold, Corporate Brands and Lykes Meat product lines, including new product and packaging, market development, television, radio, print, and direct mail advertising, consumer and trade promotions, pricing, public relations and market research.
Business Unit Size: $295MM Number Employees Managed: 19
* Proposed new corporate strategy that refocused company on high-growth, high-margin segments.
* Mapped Sunkist juice strategy and orchestrated successful national launch, including 12 new products.
* Designed Lykes Meat Group turnaround strategy that delivered $30MM/yr profit improvement in 8 months.
* Led 18 member reengineering team to create a cutting-edge sales reporting system in 4 months.
* Expanded FloridaGold distribution to 60% of US households, achieving 90% ACV distribution.
* Identified, developed and successfully commercialized 19 new FloridaGold juice beverage products.
JOSEPH E. SEAGRAM AND SONS, INC 1983-1985
Product Manager (Retail and Foodservice Channels)
Assistant Product Manager (Retail Channel)
Manager of Marketing Analysis (Retail Channel)
Managed national rollout of Paul Masson and Taylor California Cellars Wines-On-Tap. Managed Paul Masson brand. Developed market and strategy assessments for senior management.
Business Unit Size: $262MM Number Employees Managed: 3
* Assessed new business propositions, including acquisition of Wine Spectrum from Coca~Cola.
* Created market research optimizing advertising and pricing to achieve annual sales and profit objectives.
* Developed pivotal Wine Company business options assessment that transformed strategic direction.
KRAFT FOODS INC (previously General Foods Corporation), White Plains, NY 1981-1983
Senior Financial Analyst (Retail Channel)
Provided financial planning, analysis and control for the $1.7B Maxwell House coffee business, including $78MM of advertising and promotional support.
* Led financial analyses on Master Blend increased-cup-yield new product business proposition team.
* Coordinated entire Maxwell House Division’s Five-Year Strategic Plan.
* Assumed responsibility to complete trade promotion costing system that saved hundreds of hours of labor.
SUMMER MANAGEMENT INTERN - City of New York 1980
* Crafted Personnel Talent Bank on Wall Street.
MBA - Finance and Accounting - Columbia University, New York, NY 1981
Robert Montgomery Award to graduating accounting major with best academic performance
Beta Gamma Sigma (top 10% of Class); Student/Faculty Advisory Committee
BS - Human Resources and Industrial Relations - University of South Alabama 1980
4.0 GPA / Alpha Kappa Psi business fraternity: President, Outstanding Service Award
Beta Gamma Sigma: President / Phi Eta Sigma: President, Senior Advisor / Omicron Delta Kappa: Treasurer