Nancy A. Nalepa
Elk Grove, IL 60007
Position Desired: Medical Billing/ Collector
I have been associated with the medical field for many years. I bring with me compassion, a strong work ethic, responsible behavior, the ability to multitask and reliability. I enjoy talking with patients and being able to help them, completing challenging tasks, organizing and learning. I work well independently or with coworkers.
The Center for Sports Orthopaedics
Billing Dept Manager/Assistant to the Administrator October 2002 – present
ASSISTANT TO ADMINISTRATOR
• Performed Office Manager’s duties in her absence.
INSURANCE AND BILLING
• File and Transmit electronic claims, Review and correct PayerPath rejected claims within 24 hours. Refile claims on PP or Tiger after corrections.
• Review & correct the daily PayerPath reports from payers(hundreds every month)
• File and print paper claims-workers comp and medpay/3rd party. Attach supporting documentation for mailing.
• Maintain Insurance Files in Tiger, setting up new plans as needed w/the corresponding TSPID for electronic transmission.
• Maintain Referring Doctor file Demo’s including NPI lookup online
• Refer accounts for Liens. Negotiate release of lien.
• Verify new WC accounts including insurance and adjuster information.
• Enter demographics and insurance for new WC accounts
• Research and Negotiate WC claims for prompt payment requests.
• Maintain the yearly updates to the Illinois WC State Fee Schedule.
• Collections for WC Insurance claims as well as WC “bill employer” claims.
• Deal with WC contract issues including resubmissions for network reductions taken in error or payments below Illinois State Fee Schedule.
• Appeal of denied claims.
• Tracking of disputed WC claims with Industrial Commission Cases.
• Fax work comp office notes to adjusters.
• Set up and maintain online insurance websites (ID’s and passwords)
• Software downloads for Misys: upgrades and hot fixes.
• Opening/changes of Drs schedules in Tiger
Woodfield Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, Ltd.
. Medical Office Manager 2000 – 2002
I was the Medical Office Manager for an orthopedic private practice. The practice closed and the physician/owner moved to a different practice in August 2002. My job responsibilities were associated with the following areas:
. Assistant to the physician/owner. I handled Drs’ schedules, mail and correspondence.
I also handled matters of confidentiality.
. Review and distribution of the daily mail.
. Cash Management/Accounts Payable – performed all AP related activities (entry, invoice selection, payment). Was primary contact for all vendor-related inquiries.
Responsible for accounts receivable banking related activities.
. Payroll – responsible for the issuing of payroll checks.
. Legal Coordinator – responsible for the scheduling and collection of fees related
to all depositions.
. Creditialing and recredentialing coordinator – filed all related paper work/forms for the credentialing of 5 doctors for hospital and insurance health related contracts (PPO).
. Supervision of employees. Directed a staff of 12 people. Responsible for
placement of ads for open positions in publications, interviewing, hiring/firing, scheduling, performance reviews.
. Assistant Administrator 1998 – 2000
As assistant to the administrator I was responsible for:
. Being available to the administrator and assuming her duties when needed.
. Medical records – point of contact responsible for the procurement of all medical records and x-ray copy requests for patients, insurance companies, law firms.
. Workman’s Comp updates – main contact for insurance companies and employers
for patients receiving treatment associated with work related injuries.
Alexian Brothers Medical Center
. Billing Specialist Occupation Health 1997 – 1998
. Set up account information for all Employers who contracted with ABMC for their employee’s work related injuries.
. Maintained account information associated with demographics, employee/employer profile, pricing and billing. Worked in concert with the marketing department.
. Performed collections on past due accounts.
. Assisted in customer service calls associated with billing errors and questions.
. Contributed to the development of a centralized occupaional health employee training program.
. Worked in a variety of health/billing computer systems.
. Occupational Health Department Secretary 1995 – 1997
. Emergency Room Registrar 1991 – 1995
BA in Psychology – University of Illinois - 1975
Sign Language – Harper College 1983
. Quick Books
. Microsoft Office
. Organizational skills
. Research on the internet
References can be provided