A position requiring a broad range of writing, editing, advertising, project management and communication skills.
Marketing/advertising professional with 13 years of experience in marketing, print and online advertising, new media, writing, editing, proofreading, vendor management, graphic design coordination and strong interpersonal skills.
OASIS OUTSOURCING (a $2 billion national human resources company), September 2006-Present
- Manage a wide variety of projects to generate leads, increase brand awareness and support client retention. Responsibilities include production of three client newsletters, print and online advertising, client emails, promotional flyers and brochures.
- Coordinate design and layout with graphic designers and photographers.
- Leading cross-functional teams on projects to research, develop and write promotional materials that support strategic initiatives.
- Coordinated development of the company’s content management system.
- Created and currently maintain content on www.oasisadvantage.com by using the customized content management system. The content on the site helped increase Google’s Page Rank of the site from 4 to 5 in one year and moved the site up from page seven to page one on organic search results.
- Named “Employee of the Quarter” in August 2008.
FERATECH, INC., December 2004-September 2006
Web Content Writer/Team Leader
- Managed a team of writers who wrote content for new and existing sales and informational websites on a variety of topics.
- Used search engine optimization techniques to try to increase Google’s Page Rank of these sites.
AMERICAN CENTURY INVESTMENTS, INC., August 1991–August 2003
Communications Specialist (May 2002-August 2003)
- Managed a variety of communications projects including writing of communications plans; production of investor emails, postcards and mailings; and creating brochures, fliers and web content.
- Coordinated projects with people at all levels of the company.
Sr. Email Specialist, February 2000-May 2002
- Responded to investor emails from the company’s website, which required extensive writing and editing skills, knowledge of the website and the services offered and contact with people at all levels of the company.
- Assisted in redesigning the “Contact Us” page for the website.
Sr. Priority Correspondence Representative, September 1995–February 2000
- Composed and sent letters to investors.
- Member of the Communications Team for an internal renovation project. Wrote content for the project’s website and served as a liaison between project teams.
- Coordinator for an External Communications Assistance Team.
- Earned three “Quality Letter of the Month” awards.
Keller Graduate School of Management
- Completed half of the master’s degree program in Project Management
University of Missouri, Kansas City
- BA in Communications, Mass Media emphasis, December 1996.
- Thorough knowledge of the Associated Press Style Guide and the Gregg Reference Manual.