Eric W. Caulley
Highly motivated and talented Senior System Administrator/Systems Engineer with over 20 years of successful experience in the Information Technology industry. Proven track record of developing and maintaining outstanding customer satisfaction. Strengths include Windows 2008R2 and VMware system administration, performance tuning, root cause analysis, MS Clustering, Veritas clustering, and physical to virtual migrations (P2V). Working knowledge of Hyper-V, Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, SAN, and LAN/WAN. Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies. Accomplished technical leader who utilizes strong communication skills to assist other team members and promote a winning work environment. Key competencies include:
• Virtualization • Project Management • Technical Documentation
• Server Administration • Client Management • Performance tuning
• Helpdesk Ticketing • Software Tools • Root Cause Analysis
HEWLETT PACKARD 2008-Present Operations Analyst IV
Responsible for providing 24x7 oncall support for the Windows Vmware physical and virtual server operational environment in three US core datacenters and remote global sites.
• Team provides Level 3 operations support for over 10,000 servers for internal corporate customers. Interfaced with Windows Engineering for requirements support.
• Provided Vsphere virtual center management running win2K3, win2K8 virtual guests
• Built and configured Microsoft Clustering and Veritas Clustering servers for shared local and site-to-site SAN solutions.
• Worked with Linux team on ESX host problem resolution
• Mentored and trained new hires in the HP IT standards and procedures.
• Completed certification of Vmware DRS and Hyper-V HA host clusters.
• Updated technical installation and upgrade documentation on the Sharepoint site.
• Provided HP Virtual Connect configuration support for HP Blade Enclosures.
Eric W. Caulley Page 2
• Successfully provisioned hundreds of physical and virtual servers utilizing the HP internal auto-build manager tool. Completed post-OS build configuration steps.
• Patched servers using the HP Server Automation (HPSA) tool.
• Adhered to Change, Incident, and Request Management ITIL policy standards.
• Utilized software tools including SCVMM, scripting, and failover cluster manager.
ELECTRONIC DATA SYSTEMS(HP acquired) 1984-2008 Sr. Infrastructure Specialist
Responsible for providing team leadership and 24x7 scheduled on-call rotation support for the Windows Vmware physical and virtual server operational environment in multiple US regional datacenters and remote global sites.
• Team provides 2nd level operations support for 600 servers (including 22 VMware ESX hosts, 400 windows physical servers and 178 virtual servers) for internal corporate customers.
• Provided virtual center management running win2K and win2K3 virtual guests
• Built and configured Microsoft Clustering for shared local EMC SAN solutions.
• Installed and maintained ESX Linux hosts.
• Configured cluster resource pools to improve overall ESX host performance.
• Provided server operational support for IIS web internet, SQL clustered, application, Active Directory, SMS, DHCP, Citrix, MS Terminal, and DNS.
• Upgraded hardware firmware and software drivers for Dell, HP, and SUN servers.
• Maintained account group permissions for Windows and ESX Linux platforms.
• Resolved server problems and performed system changes with the assistance of project managers, application developers, DBAs, firewall engineers, network engineers, hardware technicians, SAN storage, Security, and HelpDesk Operations.
University of Delaware (Bachelor of Electrical Engineering)
University of Dallas (MBA, Management Information Systems)
VMware ESXi5 Boot Camp Course (1 week)
Self-Study for VMware Certified Professional (VCP 5) Exam
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MSCE)
Vmware Certified Professional (VCP)