Manitou Springs, CO 80829
- Over 13 years as Product Manager and Project Manager for numerous computer software vendors. Products include both SaaS and On Premise versions.
- Proven success at managing Software Development Life Cycles using both waterfall and Agile Scrum.
- Proven business development experience delivering on new ideas based on industry analysis and customer communication to grow product revenue 400%.
- Product evangelist inside and outside the company to turn vision into reality.
- Process expertise for quality and regulatory initiatives such as ITIL, CMMI and 21 CFR Part 11.
- Product Management
- Project Management
- Release Management
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Compliance Initiatives
- Product Development
- Agile Project Management
- Agile Release Management
- Business Process Optimization
- Business Development
- Public Speaking
POINT GUARD SOLUTIONS
Software Process Consultant and Product Manager Consultant
September 2009 – Present
Hands on software developer for an IT server provisioning request process for a global bank. Converted a series of spreadsheets used for tracking IT service requests into a SQL Server database with a Web UI front end, using Serena Business Mashups (formerly known as TeamTrack) in a SaaS environment. The solution was well received and the customer is currently evaluating this solution for possible implementation.
SERENA SOFTWARE, INC.
Product Manager, Sr / Sr Product Marketing Manager /
Agile Product Owner / Agile Scrum Master and Project Manager
June 2003 - September 2009
Delivered four major platform software releases and 19 application software releases for the Web 2.0 and Mashup development platform named "Serena Business Mashups" (formerly "TeamTrack"). Product revenue grew from $8m to $30m. This is a flagship product core to the company strategy, and it consistently hit revenue plan. Developed and implemented the vision of a software process library, a sample of which can be viewed at http://www.serena.com/products/business-mashups/central/. This software library was available both in the On Premise and SaaS models, and was critical to the success of Sales demos explaining the capabilities of the platform. As a Product Evangelist, met regularly with customers and prospects to gain industry insight. From this insight, defined and prioritized requirements, carefully tracking the execution of the new features and products. Included in this insight were numerous usability studies. Provided market positioning of the new offerings; presented the content at training sessions, both internal to Sales, and external to customers and prospects. Presented product positioning at public speaking events, webinars, and recorded demos throughout the US, as well as in Thailand, India, Germany, Australia, Singapore and the UK. Audience ratings of these presentations were consistently among the highest. Provided technical and business analysis of potential partners. Keeper of the roadmap.
- Twice voted a President's Club winner by Sales staff.
- Winner of numerous public speaking awards.
- Winner of the Executive Victory Plan award.
Director of Product Management
January 2000 - June 2003
Brought the discipline of Product Management to this startup software company. Introduced the concepts of Market Requirements Documents, Product Requirements Documents, and Product Roadmap. Managed a team of Product Managers who owned these documents for six major releases of the company's Web application platform called TeamTrack. Provided Sales support on customer calls. Wrote white papers that were published in trade magazines. Company representative on Press and Analyst tours. Featured speaker at regional seminars throughout the US and in the UK, as well as at the company's International User Conference. Represented the product vision in due diligence interviews, leading to the Serena acquisition.
- Interviewed with Industry Analysts and by the press
- Quoted in published articles
- Multiple winner of Employee of the Month elected by my peers
ELEMENTAL SOFTWARE, INC.
June 1998 - January 2000
Owned the definition, positioning, and development of software applications demonstrating the capabilities of the company's sole product that built database driven websites. This product ultimately became part of Dreamweaver Ultradev when the company was acquired by Macromedia, and later reacquired by Adobe.
Product Manager / Project Manager
January 1996 - June 1998
Product Management and Project Management responsibilities for the HEAT help desk software product. Defined and launched the product HEAT Asset Manager. Company evolved into Front Range Solutions.
SHEPARD'S MCGRAW HILL
Manager, Desktop Computing Services
June 1995 – January 1996
Managed staff of seven including hardware technicians, software analysts, telephony and network administrators in the internal help desk support function. Managed a $600,000 budget keeping spending levels under budget two consecutive fiscal cycles.
FOCUS ON THE FAMILY
1992 – 1995
Customer liason to IT. Provided business analysis services to departmental clients. Personally taught the President how to use a computer.
- Fundamentals of Pragmatic Product Marketing by Pragmatic Marketing, Inc.
- Certified Scrum Master and Product Owner by the Scrum Alliance
- ITIL Foundation Certificate for IT Service Management by ITSMF
Boston University, School of Business Management BS/BA, Marketing Concentration
Recommendations can be found at http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AU1GeRqpMweAZGc3Yjc2eF85Y3E1MzlyZjI&hl=en.