Deirdre (Dede) Weatherwax
PO Box ****, Covina, Ca 91723
OBJECTIVE To actively contribute to an organization by applying the business knowledge gained through education and practical experience, and be a key team player in the betterment of the organization.
AREA of EXPERTISE • 27 years experience in management and owner.
• Ability to direct complex projects from concept to fully operational status.
• Goal-oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities.
• Organized, highly motivated, and detail-directed problem solver.
Supervisor / Buyer, Farmer John December 2007- July 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Promoted 4/11 to Material Coordinator
• Packaging, Ingredients, & Supplies
• Managing an annual spend of 30 million dollar.
Responsible for all mechanical storeroom operations.
Purchasing stock, non-stock and service parts. Streamlining vendors for stronger purchasing power.
Implement cost saving programs: decrease PPE waste, increase exchanges and repairs programs, salvaging, inventory consolidations, and OEM to MRO conversions.
Inventory control to maximize company performance and managing an annual spend of 10 million dollars.
Train and supervise 10 employees on new systems, Data Steam7i & Oracle
Site Operations Manager, Strategic Distribution January 2001 - December 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Manager, Inventory Analyst, Buyer
• Supervised 10 employees in a crew scheduled 24/7. Multiply inventory crib locations.
• Oversaw stock, non-stock purchases on a 10 million inventory and maintained a fill rate over 98%.
• Managed human resources, hired, conducted performance evaluation.
Owner of multiple stores, General Nutrition Center January 1987 - December 2002
San Diego, CA to Yuba City, CA
Owner of multiple stores; managed all locations.
Directed sales, managed human resources, hired, conducted performance evaluation, developed and monitored workflow, analyzed and improved systems, conducted inventory control and analysis, and executed financial transactions and analysis, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
EDUCATION Mt San Antonio College 2004.
San Diego City College, San Diego, CA – 1984 – 1987
TRAINING Dale Carnegie: Effective Communications & Human Relations -12week course
Mindleaders: E-Learning Courses, Fred Pryor - Managing Multiple Priorities, & People
AWARDS/ November 2008 Work unit of the month, November 2009 Employee of the year, and February 2010 Work unit of the month
INTEREST Continued education, Walking and Writing a reference book