ARNALDO HERNANDEZ DIAZ
An award-winning journalist, reporter and news editor. A highly versatile and creative producer, with good interpersonal skills and a pleasant and confident approach to every type of work, used to working under pressure and to deadlines. An energetic and enthusiastic member of a team but also happy to work alone.
• Experience writing contents for news websites
• Specialist in Cuban and Latin American affairs
• Directing large teams (as news editor) and working in smaller teams as a producer or reporter.
• Identify, source and research stories suitable for a variety of programs and genres on national radio and TV
• Producing and directing packages, features and programs for national radio and TV
• Ability to manage talent both in front of and behind the microphone
• Source, prepare, write and update website content according to editorial requirements
• Experienced TV cameraman and director.
• Spanish as a mother-tongue but a fluent English speaker.
• Fifteen years of television experience across a wide variety of programs including panel shows, magazine programs, documentaries and news programs.
• Editor of internet website news service.
• News editor of main news programs on national Cuban TV responsible
for output of twenty reporters, producers, directors and editors.
• In charge of coverage of large, high-profile events on Cuban national television; Latin American Summit of Leaders of State, the 11th Youth Festival, the visit of his Holiness the Pope Juan Pablo II to Cuba
• Producer and director of social and current affairs programs including an acclaimed documentary about the 1994 Cuban migrant crisis.
• International Affairs correspondent for Havana Television
• Creator, producer and director of weekly crime program which ran for nine years on national television.
• Experienced writer and print journalist in sports, news and current affairs for national Cuban broadsheets
2008-2009 MA in Arts and International Journalism. Cardiff University.
1986 -1991 BA in Journalism, Havana University. 'Outstanding'
2001-2002 English Diploma Bell Language School.
2006 Writing International News. Reuters foundation course
2002 Journalism, ITN, London.
2002 Integral Summer Course of International Journalism. Thomson Foundation, Cardiff, Wales.