Frank W. Massa
Sansuk, Muang, Chonburi, Thailand 20130
US Telephone Extension - Asia: +1 831 ***-****
Thailand Mobile: +66 83 618-9333
LinkIn Profile: http://th.linkedin.com/pub/frank-massa/0/109/a31
A Regional Sales/Account Management Position with a Growth Oriented Company
Broadcast Electronics, Inc. Quincy, Illinois 1/07 – Present (Current Full Time)
AM/FM Transmitters, Digital Studio Automation Software and Turnkey Projects
Sales Manager, Asia-Pacific Region based in Bangkok, Thailand
- Direct and Channel Sales Management Responsibility and first line service support for AM/FM Transmitters, HD Digital Radio and Studio Automation Products for Asia-Pacific including Australia - New Zealand, South Asia and Russia and former CIS Countries.
- Repositioned and grew the existing sales channel for more consistent sales with higher profitability while adding turnkey system and service product offerings.
- Market Share in SE Asia greater then 50% for Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam
- Grew direct sales for developing markets from 20 to 40% of overall gross sales and established new full service in-country representation.
- Achieved 45% Market share for FM Transmitters and Studio Systems in India during 2007-2009 and positioned new products and the sales channel for 50-60% market share for 2010 and the largest procurement period in the history of the industry.
- Dominated sales for new systems in the developing markets of Bangladesh, Vietnam, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Papua New Guinea.
- Assisted the company in developing new product lines, pricing and services for sales into very large competitive markets such as China, India and Indonesia
- In 2009 established a new sales channel in China working with local manufacturers and integrators with a local office in Beijing.
- Organized and managed regional trade show exhibitions, yearly representative sales meetings and participate in major trade shows NAB, Broadcast Asia/Communicasia, BES – India, IBC, SMPTE – AUS/NZ and BIRTV – China
- Doubled sales into the region starting in 2007 exceeding quota by 10% and continued to grow overall market share in the region for 2008-2011.
- Leading Region for Bookings and Shipments in 2010
- Opened up new Region for former Soviet Countries in Central Asia and the Caucuses.
- Participating in New Studio Automation Software programs incorporating Social Networks, SMS, RDS, Crowd Control and News Programming.
- Assistance with Client Marketing and Advertisement Campaigns
- In 2011 Set up Administrative Sales Office in the Philippines
- Organized Factory training programs and certification for In-Country Distributors, Sales Representatives and Large Customers.
Microwave, Networks, Inc. Stafford, Texas 11/04 – 1/07
Pt-Pt Licensed Microwave products for PDH, SDH and Ethernet transmission
Sales Director, Asia-Pacific and Australia/New Zealand based in Bangkok, Thailand
- Direct and Channel Sales Responsibility for Pt-Pt Microwave products for Asia-Pacific including Australia, New Zealand
- Assumed responsibility for creating a brand new sales organization for direct sales and Distribution into the Region
- New Multi-Million dollar PDH/SDH contracts and sales in the first year
- Sale of large SDH backbone for Singapore Ministry of Defense
- Successful distribution > $1M for Ethernet backhaul products for Australia
- Strategic Malaysian Alliance for manufacture and distribution into ASEAN and OIC countries
- Collaboration with US embassies in the region for customer aid, training and government support.
- Organized trade shows for regional exhibition of products and for reseller training
- First Major sale > $2M for brand new Converged PDH and Ethernet Product
- 2 Major projects in Bangladesh over $3M each for Local Commercial Telco Operations with 8 GHz SDH Backbones and countrywide distribution of wireless voice to the home and wireless IP to businesses using 11, 15 and 18 GHz microwave systems.
- Signed Contracts with 20 New Resellers/Sales Agents in the first year.
Aeras Networks, Inc. Morgan Hill, CA 11/02-11/04
Pt-to-Pt Broadband Microwave Radios in the license-free 5 GHz bands
Executive Director, Radio Products
- Management Responsibility for Product Marketing, Engineering Development and International Sales for WaveLink broadband microwave products and TDM over Ethernet Baseband Devices.
- Product Management of the WaveLink 4500 and 3400 DS3/E3 and broadband Ethernet Pt-to-Pt, Full Duplex Radios
- Product Management of the EtherLink 1200, 2500 and 4500 Pt-to-Pt full Duplex 5.8 and 5.3 GHz Microwave Radios.
- Product Management of the TDM4Link 1200, 2500 and 4500 Pt-to-Pt full Duplex Ethernet and 4 x DS1/E1 5.8 and 5.3 GHz Microwave Radios
- Responsible for leading Engineering, Operations and sales on new product development through release to manufacturing and for sales.
Wireless, Inc./Interwave Communications Santa Clara, CA 1/98-11/02
Point-to-multipoint and point-to-point wireless DSL networks for commercial and residential broadband access applications. Wireless, purchased by Interwave in 06/01.
Director, Business Development
Director, Product Management (Dual Position Responsibility)
Responsible for new product direction, product management and strategic corporate partnerships.
- Product Management of the Link CX, Link 4X, Link EX Broadband UNII and ISM Radios; StarPort •- Pt-Mp CDMA, ATM based, non-line-of-site residential broadband product line for 700 MHz to 5.8 GHz. Product included Voice over ATM (AAL2) and IP Data Over ATM (AAL5) with integrated ATM switch and QOS services.
- Product Management of StreamNet •, Hardened ATM switches, multiplexers and mini-DSLAMs for local loop, all-weather applications.
- Product Management of NetManager •, TMN, SNMP, CORBA/IDL based Network/Element Management systems for carrier class FCAPS (Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance and Security Management).
- Responsibility of Product Requirement Documents and collaboration with Engineering for technical specifications and design goals.
- Integration of PPPoE and Redback SMS products into fixed wireless broadband DSL networks.
- Actual Network design and system implementation for SONET/SDH rings and local distribution of ATM and TCP/IP applications.
- OEM and reseller agreements for ATM, POS equipment and services to support turnkey system deployment.
- Strategic Alliance Business Development responsibility for key partners such as TRW, L-3, JetStream, RedBack, Xpeed, FlowPoint , RapidWan, Coppercom, Tollbridge, RC Networks, and Dorado Software.
- Technical Business Development responsibility for key corporate accounts such as Sprint, Qwest/USWest, Worldcom, SBC, Bell Canada, Bell South, ATG, Vanion, and MYICITY.
Digital Microwave Corporation, San Jose, CA
Director, Order Fulfillment 10/95 to 1/98
In this newly created position, acted as liaison between the VP of Sales/Marketing and the VP of Production. Managed a staff of 75 including; Sales Support, Order Entry, Master Scheduling, Shipping and Traffic Management. Responsible for reporting real-time bookings, sales, backlog and earnings reports. In this position a new automated "order fulfillment" process was created which improved on-time delivery performance. The new process handled a 250% increase in throughput, while automation reduced headcount by 40%. Reduced staff were re-trained and moved to other departments.
Digital Microwave Corporation San Jose, CA
M-Series Product Line Manager 4/93 to 10/95
During this time frame the M-Series microwave radio product line was increased to include 7-23 GHz offerings and bit rates from 2 Mb/s to 34 Mb/s. Quarterly sales peaked at $30 M and production at 800 radios per month. Aggressive cost reduction programs were managed with results of 45% achieved and manufacturing yield increase by 200%. Provided In-the-Field Sales Support for Major accounts including: Celcom, Malaysia, Indosat, Indonesia, AIS, Thailand, E-Plus and Mannesmann (Germany), Piltel, Smart and Islacom (Philippines), Panafon (Greece), Comviq, FMV (Sweden), Ericsson, Nokia, Motorola, Pac Bell, Bell South (world-wide). Coordinated and oversaw ISO 9001 implementation for Marketing and Sales.
Digital Microwave Corporation San Jose, CA
Senior Systems Engineer 5/90 to 4/93
Actively participated in expediting new product development from the "systems" approach. Organized corporate engineering approach to system specifications, design and production. Organized corporate ETSI and ANSI EMI/RFI & Safety testing and conducted all major account homologations. Provided engineering system definition and architecture for the Quantum product line.
Digital Microwave Corporation San Jose, CA
Senior Product Manager 11/86 to 5/90
Product managed all DMC fiber optic products and the creation of the DMC "M-Series" product line. Integrated multiplexing, forward error correction (FEC) and network management features were introduced as standard product offerings during this time frame. Wrote all technical documents as well as promotional material. Provided technical and sales support to major accounts such as; Motorola, AT&T, US West, Mercury Communications & British Telecom (UK), Telefonica (Spain) and East India Rail, FMV (Sweden) and Nokia.
AAC Associates Vienna, VA
Senior Consultant 4/84 to 11/86
Provided LAN implementation for the Library of Congress, U.S. Senate, Library of Medicine and Naval Sea Systems Command. Wrote and published market research studies and technical research on: "Trends in the T-1 Equipment & Services Market", "Market Trends in the U.S. Commercial and Government Modem Market" and "Traffic Engineering Technology, and the Long Distance Telephone Companies".
Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago, Illinois
BS in Industrial/Product Design
Dean's List for 7 of 8 semesters. Grade point average: 3.4/4.0. Graduation with Honors. Naval Reserve Officer Training Corp.
Various corporate training seminars on Managing and Directing Professional Employees, Engineering Project Management and Labor Laws. Attended numerous technical seminars on Communications Networking, Network Management, Pt-Mp Wireless techniques, Modulation Techniques, RF Spectrum Efficiency
- Frequent speaker for technical and market oriented seminars and conferences.
- Several Patents for microwave radio and Telco switching products filed.
- Group Organizer for Asia Pacific Radio Automation Systems
- Group Organizer for VARASIA, assisting Value Added Resellers in Asia
- Social Network Assistance for developing Client and VARs
Languages: Fluent English, Elementary Russian, Polish, Thai, Laos, Italian and Spanish
Practical Skills: Windows, Apple, Android Operating Systems, Wifi/WiMax Systems, Professional Presentations, Web Conferencing, CRM, Order Management, Remote Client Access, Project Management, Social Network Marketing Campaigns and Channel Distribution.
References: Available upon request
Actual Sales Booking Details: Available upon request
Salary and Compensation Details: Available upon request
Indonesia, Special Capital Region of Jakarta - pt, pension, consultant, mfg, distributor, 1990,...
Indonesia, Jakarta - pt, express, logistic, cross, medium, internship,...
diploma3 electrical engineering
Indonesia - pt, fresh, japan, seminars, trainings, oral,...
Detroit, MI - pt, asst, wound, phlebotomy, lisa, diagnostic,...
Administrative Assistant Sales
Chandler, AZ - pt, optical, optician, bruce, ophthalmic,...
Data Entry Pt, phlrbotomy
Tampa, FL - pt, hair, drug, laura, phlebotomy, apps, entry,...
NJ - hcm, peoplesoft, scheduler, dba, etl, informatica,...