RONALD W. KNOX
A results-oriented professional with diversified experience in forensic accounting, corporate investigations, buy-side and sell-side due diligence, financial and operational auditing, accounting, finance, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), securities litigation, corporate, partnership and personal income tax research, planning and compliance. A seasoned individual who can effectively communicate, assess and analyze business operations to improve profitability. Ronald is capable of working independently or with a multi-disciplinary team.
8/2006 - Present FINANCIAL CONSULTANT, SELF-EMPLOYED, Cresskill, NJ
Perform project based work including financial, operational and compliance internal audits, due diligence, financial reporting and reviews, compilations, income tax compliance and research, planning, and analysis across various industries.
7/2003 - 8/2006 FORENSIC AUDITOR, MILBERG WEISS BERSHAD & SCHULMAN LLP, New York, NY
• Assisted with shareholder class action suit against Tyco International Ltd. for securities violations against the Securities Act of 1933 and the Exchange Act of 1934. Analyzed discovery documents in preparation for depositions and litigation. Evaluated merits of case under constraints imposed by PSLRA of 1995.
• Examined and reviewed accounting records, financial statements, regulatory SEC 10-K’s, 8-K’s and 10-Q’s, proxy statements and disclosures and internal and external audit workpapers for violations of GAAP, GAAS and SAB’s.
• Reviewed propriety of corporate governance policies and procedures (Governance, Compensation and Audit Committees) and fiduciary duties owed by both Board of Directors and Executive Management to shareholders.
• Reviewed and assessed internal control environment in accordance with standards promulgated by COSO and SEC.
• Ensured compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 regarding auditor independence (Title II), corporate responsibility (Title III), and enhanced financial disclosures (Title IV).
2/2002 – 7/2003 FINANCIAL CONSULTANT, ANTHONY GILLIO, PA, Greenwich, NY
• Performed project based work including financial, operational, and compliance audits, due diligence, financial reviews, and compilations across various industries. Such work included enterprise wide risk assessments and designing, testing and evaluating the internal control environment.
• Implemented the requirements promulgated under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 Sections 302 and 404.
8/2000 - 2/2002 SUPERVISORY AUDITOR/CONSULTANT, METLIFE, INC., New York, NY
• Reconciled the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the general ledger clearing $26M in previously unreconciled differences and assisted in the integration and migration of data from the subsidiary ledger systems to PeopleSoft.
• Developed, implemented and evaluated operational business “best practices” for the fixed asset management group.
6/1999 - 8/2000 SENIOR AUDITOR/ACCOUNTANT, JEFFERSON WELLS INTERNATIONAL, New York, NY
• Reviewed the accounts payable system, determined year-end balances and helped negotiate settlements with media vendors on behalf of TMP WorldWide (parent company of Monster.com) resulting in a net savings of $500K.
• Planned and performed an internal audit fraud review at OmniPoint Communications involving an officer of the corporation with the potential recovery to the firm in excess of $1M.
• Reviewed lease contracts and corporate transactional documents for compliance for Max Capital Management.
1993 - 6/1999 FINANCIAL CONSULTANT, SELF-EMPLOYED, Cresskill, NJ
Provided accounting (30%), financial (30%), tax (30%) and management consulting (10%) services to a wide variety of clients including start-up, middle market and Fortune 500 companies with annual revenues from $100K to $2B. Such companies included: Alert Security Systems, AT&T Wireless Group, Nydic Open MRI, Rachel’s Buttons & Novelty Corporation, Sedan Insurance Agency, and Stay Tuned Cycles. Specific experience included:
• Accounting - bank reconciliation’s, account analysis, monthly closings, preparation and analysis of financial statements, planning, taking and reconciliation of inventories. Compared actual versus pro forma results, reviewed material variations and discussed causes with management.
RONALD W. KNOX
134 Heather Hill Road • Cresskill, NJ 07626 • 201-***-**** • E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Financial - developed monthly, quarterly, annual and five-year forecasts, performed variance and trend analysis and prepared budgets and capital budgets. Applied net present value concepts to projected revenue streams and expense budgets and discussed variations with management.
• Tax - prepared partnership, sales and use, federal and state corporate income tax returns. Discussed with management tax policy and planning issues. Prepared federal and state individual income tax returns and discussed tax planning issues with individual clients. Corresponded with IRS and state regulatory agencies. Experienced in IRS and state sales tax audits. Total annual tax liabilities including sales and use range from $0 to $150M.
• Management Consulting - developed and reviewed accounting systems and controls to enhance the reporting process. Advised clients on software selection and implementation.
1987 - 1993 Pursued advanced degrees full-time.
1/1987 - 8/1987 SENIOR AUDITOR/ACCOUNTANT, H. M. EINSCHLAG, CPA, Fort Lee, NJ
• Planned and performed financial audits and supervised audit staff at Hubreth & Peters, Inc. Reviewed and evaluated internal accounting controls. Discussed with senior management audit findings and recommendations.
• Prepared federal and state corporate income tax returns and discussed with management tax policy and planning issues. Prepared federal and state individual income tax returns for high net-worth individuals (over $1,000,000 in income) and discussed tax planning issues.
• Advised Hubreth & Peters, Inc. on proposed merger resulting in recovery of over $100,000 of corporate funds improperly used for personal purposes by principal officers of target company.
7/1984 - 1/1987 STAFF AUDITOR, SEA-LAND CORPORATION, Elizabeth, NJ
• Performed financial and operational audits at various domestic and international locations. Reviewed and analyzed U.S. tariffs and treaties to ensure proper recognition of revenues, expenses and compliance with tariff/treaty terms. Interacted with both domestic and foreign national company personnel. Drafted audit reports and discussed with senior management audit findings and proposed recommendations.
• Ensured management practices were in compliance with promulgated corporate policies and procedures and reviewed operations to enhance profitability. Assessed business risks to the corporation by evaluating the adequacy of internal accounting controls. Proposed remedial actions where controls deemed inadequate to vitiate or mediate such risks.
1/1981 - 7/1984 STAFF AUDITOR, TOUCHE ROSS & CO., Newark, NJ
• Performed financial audits for a diverse client base consisting of the following: insurance, government/municipal, healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, mortgage brokerage, commodities brokerage, real estate sales and developers, retail, transportation and not-for-profits. Specific duties included system review, physical inventories, account analysis, preparation of audit and tax workpapers, and financial statement preparation and analysis.
• Assisted in taking Brokers Mortgage Company public by preparing the SEC S-1.
• Advised Linden Chemicals & Plastics on improper accounting treatment of certain capital costs for its transportation division resulting in addition to reportable income of $1,000,000.
• M.B.A. Finance, San Diego State University, California, May 1993
• Juris Doctor, University of San Diego School of Law, California, May 1990
• Diploma, University of San Diego - London, (Institute on International & Comparative Law), Summer 1988
• B.S. Accounting, Fairleigh Dickinson University, New Jersey, May 1983
• DOS, Windows and Macintosh, Internet, Excel, Lotus, Lotus Notes, Lextranet, Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw, Quattro Pro, Word, Word Perfect, Works, Harvard Graphics, Oracle, PeopleSoft, PowerPoint, and FastTax.
• State Bar of New Jersey, 1994