Enterprising, performance-driven senior-level professional seeking a challenging position in the business compliance arena. I have outstanding business acumen and an impressive record of managing international trade events. I am uniquely positioned to coordinate and direct successful cross-cultural, multi-functional compliance teams; able to inspire optimal quality performance and productivity from colleagues and partners and have achieved consistent project success and customer satisfaction in an array of industry assignments.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven ability to work across functional areas to achieve company objectives
• Empowered Official for DRS Business unit
• Excellent problem solving and project management skills
• Proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
• Thrive under stressful conditions to meet deadlines
• Expert knowledge of ITAR, EAR, ATF and BIS Regulations and export licensing including TAA and DSP
• Held DoD Secret level clearance
• Identified risk areas and implemented policies/procedures to improve companies compliance posture by 50% and achieved quality LOB compliance ratings
• Saved over one million dollars by reducing contractual late penalties by eliminating delivery delays with timely license approvals
• Average less than 1% license applications returned without action
• Received Lockheed Martin Star Award for improving document delivery time to customers in order to maintain compliance with CDRL deliveries
• Received DRS Outstanding Achievement Award for recovering financial damages from seizure by U.S. Customs due to third party error while working to release consignments.
2007 – Present DRS TECHNOLOGIES, INC. – Horsham, Pennsylvania
Senior Trade Manager – DRS Defense Solutions, LLC (2012 – Present)
Trade Manager – DRS ICAS, LLC (2009 - 2012)
Export Compliance Officer – DRS C3 Systems (January 2007 – 2009)
• Manage Trade activities for Strategic Business Unit spread across five different geographical locations, including $149 million in active authorizations
• Prepare complex, multiparty licenses and agreements with minimum supervision.
• Assist with the development of licensing strategies for major international programs.
• Ensure that administrative and regulatory requirements related to export licensing and compliance are met.
• Review contracts and proposals for compliance with Export Laws
• Lead annual and bi-annual audit of programs for export compliance.
• Develop and conduct introductory and annual compliance training program for all employees
• Established web-based system for technical data reviews for use across multiple business sites.
• Work with forwarding agents to ensure regulations are met for both import and export transactions
• Responsible for complex imports including those under ATF supervision.
• Responsible for obtaining approval from Office of Security Review for marketing brochures
• Provide Trade Compliance oversight to Foreign Military Sales and Foreign Military Financing
• Development of Corporate Policies and Procedures that govern Trade Compliance
• Investigate, prepare and submit voluntary disclosures
• Prepare Customs Power of Attorney for freight forwarders and brokers
• Apply for and maintain Continuous Customs Bonds
• Work with foreign suppliers and international sales representatives to ensure smooth delivery and customs clearance in accordance with regulations
• Oversee complex international shipments via air and ocean to ensure timely deliveries with minimal cost impact
• Work hand in hand with Supply Chain to ensure on time deliveries of items procured internationally
2002 – 2007 LOCKHEED MARTIN Newtown, Pennsylvania
• Established procedures for submitting Technical and Non-Technical data for review and release through the Program Export Team office.
• Lead transition from internal system to government USXPORTS (Spacelink) system
• Responsible for technical data review/release from all Programs.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating Technical Assistance Agreements, DSP-5 licenses, and Technology Transfer Control Plans for all active programs
• Responsible for the maintenance of all databases in the Program Export organization.
• Provide ITAR/EAR training to all engineers working on Foreign Programs.
• Assist in the development of compliance procedures and policies.
• Worked closely with Program Managers on complex multi-party programs to ensure contract compliance
• Worked closely with Contract Manager to make sure deliverables were in accordance with the contract and delivered on time.
• Assist International Programs with Export support including document tracking and customer interaction
• Interface with Defense Technology Security Administration (DTSA)
• Initiated Export Control Process for the Commercial Satellite Program to ensure timely customer deliveries and export compliance.
Bachelor of Science Degree, Business Administration – International Trade, Graduated Cum Laude
• Holy Family University Newtown, Pennsylvania 2005
Executive Certificate, Global Management
• Thunderbird University, November 2008
Industry Seminar Attendance
• Export Strategies LLC & Black, Sengers & Associates,
• Export Controls Seminar, January 2004
• Society for International Affairs,
• Advanced Conference, November 2011, November 2010, April 2008, April 2007 & April 2006;
• Back-to-Basics Seminar, July 2007
• Federal Publications,
• Export Control Equipment, Technology & Services, September 2004
• U.S. Department of Commerce
• Bureau of Industry & Security Update, October 2005
• Complying with US Export Controls, December 2010
• American Conference Institute
• Advanced ITAR, April 2012
• Unz & Company
• Import Operations, August 2008
• U.S. Department of State
• DDTC In-House Seminar, December 2010