Gloria E. Gonzalez
La Salle Academy, New York, NY, 12/95 to 10/10
Administrative Assistant: Attendance/Records Department
• Input daily pupil attendance
• Prepare attendance reports on Administrators' Plus System
• Maintain student academic and health records
• Prepare transcripts
• Collect data for various forms and reports
• Data entry for attendance and health program
• Prepare correspondence and coordination of mailings
• Collect tuition payments and distribute receipts
• Receive, direct and greet visitors
• Monitor and direct calls
• Switchboard and reception duties
Sidney Hillman Health Center, New York, NY, 12/90 to 12/95
• Schedule appointments for patients and staff
• Prepare medical reports for meetings
• Maintain clerical coverage in clinics
• Monitor calls and receive visitors
• Spanish translation for medical staff and patients
• Assist executive secretary with office duties
• Assist x-ray department with dictaphone transcription
Cabrini Medical Center (East 4th Street Clinic)-Internship
New York, NY, 2002 to 2004
Medical Billing Course 1 and 2 – Certificate, 1998 to 2000
Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York, NY – Liberal Arts, 1976 to 1978
General Equivalency Diploma, New York, NY - 1976
Medical Office Experience: Verify patient appointments. Insurance eligibility verifications.
Prepare patient charts. Collect payments. Knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to operate Dictaphone.
Experience with Electronic Medical Records.
Reception Duties: Screen and route telephone calls. Take and deliver messages.
Greet and direct visitors. Order and maintain supplies. Maintain office equipment. Receive and sort mail.
IBM: Microsoft Word, Excel, Administrators' Plus
Type 50-60 wpm
Computer proficiency and data entry skills