SENIOR OPERATIONS & SALES EXECUTIVE
Innovative thinker with broad based expertise in sales, operations, and business development
Proven ability to analyze key business drivers and to direct all aspects of the sales process;
Organized planner with exceptional capability in managing multiple concurrently running tasks
Demonstrated competencies in successful operations administration including quality control, budget forecasting and workflow management. Customer-focused with capacity to foster positive rapport effectively meeting customer requirements and providing exceptional service. Established track record of significant revenue growth and new business acquisitions; able to generate and maintain profitable business relationships. Areas of excellence include:
• Increasing Sales & Market Share
• Driving Profitable Growth
• Exceeding Assigned Goals
• +35 Years Operations & Sales Experience
• Strategic Planning & Implementation
• P&L Management
• Business Development & Sales Leadership
• Built and Implemented Several Portable Mixing Facilities for Onsite Mixing Facilities
• Started Unique Incentives for Turn-Key Operations
• Initiative Pay Scale for Engineering (base plus)
• ISO-9001 Certified All Facilities & Operations
• Managed most profitable district worldwide
• Enforced district compliance with HSE standards
CAREER HISTORY & SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS
Newpark Drilling Fluids, Houston, TX 2010-2012
Ensured excellent service quality to oilfield companies. Complied with local and corporate HSE requirements. Promoted proper training and career development to personnel in Drilling Fluids.
• Originated and Maintained CRM-Sugar Account Information
• Created with Account Information and billing response using Oracle
• Acquired and implemented $1.25M per month of drilling fluids
M-I Swaco Inc., Houston, TX 1976-2010
Executive Sales Manager (2008-2010)
Ensured excellent service quality to oilfield companies. Promoted proper training and career development to personnel in drilling fluids and solids control business lines.
• Improved Account relations with O/S and Land Operators
• Expanded Customer Base from 12 to 21 Accounts
Operations Manager Angola, West Africa (2004-2008)
Managed excellent service quality to operators, Operations, Programming and Project Management in Angola & Namibia and other surrounding areas. Complied with local HSE requirements. Supervised career training and development of personnel in drilling fluids, solids control, closed loop operations, disposal, completion fluids, completion tools, pipe line cleaning and mixing fluids lines.
• Increased Sales with Chevron, ROC, ENI
• Developed Solids Control Equipment for Exxon and BP accounts
• Negotiated all tenders for said companies, BP, ExxonMobil, Chevron, ENI, and ROC
Upgraded and built facilities Pt. Noire, Luanda, and Soyo.
(continued on page 2)
RONALD D. NUTT- PAGE 2
• Built facilities in Windhoek and Lobito for distribution
• Increased Angolan participants according to Petroleum Ministry standards
• Implemented budgetary plans for increased revenue to coincide with proper net margins
Sr. Operations Manager New Orleans, Louisiana (1998-2004)
Supervised and managed excellent service quality to operators. Complied with local and corporate HSE requirements. Promoted proper training and career development to personnel in Drilling Fluids and Solids Control. Assured proper fluids program implementation. Project Engineering.
• Sales Growth to 62 % of deep-water activity,
• Increased Accounts for shelf and inland barge work
• Ports Developed- Port Fourchon (5) with completion, Venice with completion (3), Theodore, Al.(1) and Dulac (1)
• Created innovative pay scale- base plus
• Participated in all budgetary meetings/ processes and met all projections within profit margin
• Created Innovative Solids Control Surveys as per well cost and net margin
• Transferred screens and equipment to fluid engineering for operations and sales
• Managed up to 135 engineers, 40 compliance engineers and 55 solids control personnel
Project Engineer Houston, Texas (1996-1998)
Managed and supervised fluid operations for operators. Complied with local and corporate HSE requirements. Supervised Fluid Engineering to assure proper treatments and placement of engineers. Proposed and delivered all fluids program to operators.
• Increased Sales with Swift, Jetavic, etc.
• Created and maintained account with Hess Offshore, W&T Offshore
District Engineering Manager Texas Gulf Coast (Onshore and Offshore) (1986-1996)
Provided excellent service quality to operators. Provided turn-key services along with environmental solutions. Promoted proper training and career development to personnel in Drilling Fluids.
• Created and maintained accounts with- UPRC and other operators in Chalk, BP and Zapata Offshore
• Created budget and operated within said budget.
• Created Mud Programs for Upper Texas Gulf Coast
Senior Engineering Manager Offshore (1980-1986)
Provided excellent service quality to operators. Promoted proper training and career development to personnel in drilling fluids.
• Managed completion fluids as well as supervised 120+ Engineers
• Wrote all mud programs for Sabine Pass, Galveston and Freeport
• Supervised merged offshore and onshore units
• Created budget and operated within said budget
Completion Fluids (Freeport, Texas and Galveston, Texas) (1979-1983)
Managed all mixing of completion fluids: CaCL2, CaBr2 and Zinc Bromide. Provided excellent service and precise measurements to operators.
• Supervised and serviced Freeport (Mobil and Amoco) Galveston (Shell, Cities Service, Arco, Pennzoil, and McMoran), Sabine Pass (The Superior Oil Co. and Tenneco) accounts
Mud/Solids Engineer (1976-1979)
• Magobar Mud School
• Magobar Data School
• Drilling Engineering School
• Virtual Hydraulics Mobil Solids Control School
• Exxon/Mobil Well Control
• Various Schools and Seminars(1977-1999)