REX GRADELESS, CPA
*** **** *** ******, ******, IN 46706
firstname.lastname@example.org - 260-***-****
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Forward-thinking and results-oriented Finance Professional with 15+ years of experience leveraging advanced accounting and reporting acumen to foster high-quality financial operations. Create innovative accounting and reporting initiatives to achieve significant process improvement and cost reduction for all financial activities of businesses. Dynamic leader and pace-setter consistently offering inventive financial solutions. Ability to critically evaluate and respond to rapidly changing financial and regulatory environments to maintain targeted and effective strategies. Utilizes team leadership skills and superior business acumen to align all financial activities with long-term goals.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE: Financial Management – Accounting & Controls – Corporate Finance – Strategic Planning – Risk Management - Tax Reporting– Audits – Vendor Management – Tax Law – Regulatory Compliance – Financial Reporting -Employee Relations – Payroll – Contract Negotiations – Cost Reductions – Financial Systems
Taliesin Group CPAs – Bloomington, IN 2012
Public accounting firm, servicing small to medium sized businesses.
Prepared and oversaw the preparation of federal, state, and local tax returns for individuals, businesses and organizations. Managed taxes according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations. Examined accounts and records, tax work papers, and final product. Supervised five FTEs. Managed client and business account relationships.
- Facilitated procedure establishment for financial statement preparation to comply with SSARS 19 for upcoming peer review.
- Ensured compliance with periodic tax payment, information reporting, and other tax requirements.
- Coordinated finances for 400 individual clients and 250 SMBs.
Sterling & Company – Washington, IN 2009 to 2011
Public accounting firm servicing small to medium sized businesses.
Spearheaded all financial areas of the company, including audits, compliance, and tax preparations. Managed two FTE and eight outsourced staff and executed inventory control of tax returns, tax preparation workflow and information gathering. Worked closely with clients providing guidance and advice on financial management, planning, and operations.
- Garnered 15% cost-savings by overhauling in-house systems.
- Streamlined revision process for financial statement development by assessing and improving SOPs.
- Supported clients in litigation, representing clients before federal and state taxing authorities.
Prior to 2009
IRS – Merrillville, IN
INTERNAL REVENUE AGENT
Guaranteed compliance with all federal tax laws through audits of corporate, organization, and personal tax returns. Managed 12 IRS agents and directed auditing and compliance operations.
- Engaged in District Support Technology. Trained agents in the state of Indiana on how to utilize new systems.
- Served as expert witness for government in criminal trials.
Prior experience includes President of Auburn Community Services, Inc. and Rex L. Gradeless, CPA, PC.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) License, Indiana
Manchester College – North Manchester, IN
Bachelor of Science (BS), Accounting & Business Administration, Computer Science