Talented manager with leadership experience in transportation, possessing dynamic teaming and interpersonal skills
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Self-starter with ability to multitask. Exceptional organization and administration skills
• Organized and meticulous, with exceptional communication skills. Adept at building strong business relationships with diverse range of customers, coworkers and superiors.
• Able to coordinate and complete multiple projects in deadline-oriented environment.
• Quick learner, adapting easily to new protocols and changing environments.
• Demonstrated expertise in reducing cost expenditures while increasing productivity.
• Proactive, hands-on style; extensive leadership and personal development skills.
• Develop, streamline and implement procedures and programs that improve efficiency and reduce costs.
YELLOW TRANSPORTATION 2007-Present
$10 to $15 billion publicly held company specializing in LTL transportation operations in all 50 states
Operations Management, Dallas, Texas
Plan, manage and coordinate day-to-day dock and city operations for the terminal
• Assign supervisors and workers to areas of responsibility according to production levels and applicable work rules.
• Monitor production levels and plan staffing needs to work inbound/outbound freight. Ensure production levels are met through control of dock operations.
• Maintain safe work areas to minimize hazards and work related injuries.
• Improve employee relations through motivation, feedback and coaching.
• Conduct daily meetings with other managers to review operational status including load average expectations, staffing, OS&D, safety and hazardous materials issues.
BULLOCKS EXPRESS 2006-2007
Privately held company specializing in regional LTL transportation operations
Terminal Manager, El Paso, Texas
Coordinate transportation and handling of shipments by directing activities of branch office
• Direct and coordinate workers engaged in loading, unloading, recording, and delivering incoming and outgoing freight shipments. Plan pickup and delivery schedules for drivers.
• Solicit shippers’ accounts for freight transportation. Visit management of new business and those with change of ownership to promote new business and obtain contracts for service.
• Interview, select, train and assign new personnel. Enforce compliance of operations personnel with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and government regualtions.
• Review and analyze expenditure, financial, and operations reports to determine requirements for increasing profits and improving processes. Prepare terminal budget and monitor monthly variance.
WEST TEXAS EXPRESS 2003-2006
Privately held company with annual revenue of $25 to $30 million, specializing in Truckload, LTL, and Cartage services
Vice President of Operations, El Paso, Texas
Manage all levels of services and activities, directly manage larger size business; develop goals and objectives of the organization to align with company visions.
• Improve revenue (rate/mile) by 37% by renegotiating contracts with customers, reducing empty miles, improving driver/dispatch relations. Responsible for new accounts resulting in 27% increase in operating revenue.
• Provide for development and training activities for staff, encouraging continuous learning and performance improvement. Interview, hire and maintain appropriate staffing levels.
• Develop and implement standard operational processes to ensure high quality services for customers. Document processes and leverage training resource to institutionalize best practices. Perform regular evaluations of results accomplished.
• Monitor compliance with Hours of Service (HOS) regulations through audits. Monitor employee compliance with corporate safety policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with OSHA, DOT and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. Create and implement annual Safety Action plan to improve safety.
• Coordinate and assume responsibility for federal, state and local licenses, permits and compliance, including Hazardous Materials, ICC, EEOC, and EPA.
OVERNITE TRANSPORTATION 1992-2002
$1 billion publicly held company specializing in LTL transportation operations in all 50 states
Service Center Manager, El Paso, Texas (1996-2000), Denver, Colorado (2000-2002)
Manage all financial aspects of service center operation for profitable results including revenue attainment, cost control, and yield improvement. Service Center of the Year honors in 1997 and 1999. Recognized in 2001 for increasing service center’s profits by more than $200k from previous year
• Submit various financial and operational reports and action plans as directed.
• Prepare and implement action plans to ensure planned productivity and service goals are achieved.
• Recommend and initiate personnel actions such as hiring, promotions, transfers, discharges and disciplinary measures.
• Play an active role in the identification, acquisition and retention of customers.
• Prepare and manage safety, security and loss prevention procedures in accordance with Company, OSHA and DOT guidelines.
Regional Management, Dallas, Texas (1994-1996)
Managed South Region with oversight of 28 service centers in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas and Oklahoma in areas of Overage, Short and Damage (OS&D), claims prevention, and training
• Provided leadership direction and evaluated day-to-day operations including facility management, sales revenue, customer service, load planning and security.
• Key leader in reducing paid claims by more than 15% by improving delivery exceptions, claims ratios, and improved customer relations.
• Plan and execute training modules for efforts in claim reduction for supervisors and support staff throughout the company.
• Prepare and present reports of efforts and results to Senior Management quarterly.
Dock Supervisor/Mini-Hub Coordinator, Austin, Texas (1992-1994)
Supervise staff of 25-35 drivers and dock personnel in daily operational activities. Received company recognition for operating most efficient Mini-hub and attaining consistent responsible service of 99.5%
• Coordinate freight activities and manage process
• Plan and execute nightly movement of freight from various service centers to provide next-day and expedited service.
• Handle and resolve all escalated customer service calls
• Monitor and control labor costs to maximize overall efficiency
OUR LADY OF MT. CARMEL SCHOOL, El Paso, Texas 1989-1992
Teach Math to middle school students
• Received recognition for students’ 15-60% improvement in national standardized tests.
• Coached football, basketball and track, promoting team concepts and sportsmanship.
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS EL PASO, El Paso, Texas
Four-year B.S. degree in Criminal Justice, 1992
WordPerfect, MS Word, MS Excel, AS400 and Internet applications