Columbia, SC ***23
QUALIFICATIONS: Enthusiastic and highly adaptable Business Analyst with versatile experience in these areas:
• Developing strategies and recommendations to achieve business objectives
• Providing multi-faceted business-to-business consultant and project leadership
• Analyzing complex data, creating solutions, and building positive client relationships
• Partnering with managers and clients to prioritize, coordinate, and manage projects
• Designing process improvements to streamline workflow and improve productivity
• Producing clear, concise, and well-organized project reports and training manuals
COMPUTERS: Hardware / Operating Systems:
• PC’s / Laptops • H.P. 3000 • Intermediate Mainframes
• Windows Vista/XP / NT / 98 / 95 • UNIX • Novel
Software Applications / Languages:
• Microsoft Access • Microsoft Excel • Microsoft Word
• Crystal Reports • Microsoft Paint • Syspro/Impact/Encore
• F9 GL Report Writing • Micro Focus U/SQL (ODBC) • Microsoft Publisher
• Adobe Acrobat • Oracle • SQL Server
FINANCIAL-REPORTING ANALYST (09/08 – 6/09)
Talent Tree Employment Agency – Sacramento, California
Golden 1 Credit Union
• Used Microsoft Access to review 1st Mortgage, Equity and Consumer Loan data.
• Created numerous reports to provide data required by the Senior Vice President of Lending, Vice President of Lending, Vice President of Real Estate and Director of Collections.
• Created and had printed a compilation of reports which were reviewed and approved by the board of directors.
• Wrote a procedure manual on tasks involved with writing the reports.
• Created reports showing errors in the data which then were printed and passed on to the appropriate departments to correct.
FINANCIAL-REPORTING ANALYST/CONSULTANT (03/07 – 08/08)
Robert Half and Associates – Sacramento, California
Community Housing Opportunities
• Used Crystal Reports X1 to .write reports using Yardi Web Based software.
• Used SQL server 2008 to extracted data for reporting purposes.
• Learned how to run and operate Yardi software.
• Created various sales/marketing and accounting reports using Crystal Reports 10.
• Became familiar with customer’s database and reconciled data using the reports.
• Using SQL server 2000 extracted and manipulated data for reporting purposes.
• Analyzed Blue Cross payments of the previous quarter to identify and compare percentages of payments paid out by Blue Cross.
• Provided reports and other Ad Hoc data for the Controller and Hospital Board using Excel spreadsheets.
• Utilized data provided from client system to create a MS Access database in order to extrapolate usable information into report format.
• Learned and created procedures regarding the use and operation of the Case-Mix report writer function of the customer’s A4 operating system.
MANAGER (09/03 – 03/07)
SSMC Properties, LLC – Citrus Heights, California
• Responsible for creation and operation of a real estate investment company.
• Located, researched and determined if said property met company needs.
• Analyzed costs of completion of each project.
• Monitored all expenses and produced detailed reports showing the labor, overhead and material costs per project and for the company.
• Hired the contractors and oversaw the necessary repairs and improvements for each project.
• Negotiated the sale and conditions of sale for each property.
FINANCIAL ANALYST (04/02 – 08/03)
Manpower – Roseville, California
• Reported on financial situation of Distribute IT Services (Warranty options) for HP North American products.
• Created instruction manual for process of gathering and processing all financial reports.
• Presided over monthly finance meeting to present monthly reports and explain what the numbers meant to various managers.
• Assisted with transfer of data gathering duties and closing out of various programs due to HP/Compaq merger.
OWNER / PRESIDENT (10/00 – 04/02)
Webber Technical Resources – Roseville, California
• Setup a creative new business venture. Building on the foundation of knowledge learned from being a consultant, created a search engine for report writers of Impact/Encore.
• Initiated the expertise of lawyers, accountants bankers, web site hosts and credit card billing companies in the formation and operation of a small business.
• Configured a website to market my product and sent out numerous bulk emails to pique the interest of my targeted market.
• Tracked all expenses and costs of project using Microsoft Access.
CONSULTANT / FINANCIAL ANALYST (11/97 – 10/00)
Systems Advisory Services – Bellevue, Washington
• Served as an integral part of a software support team providing multi-faceted business-to-business consultation to a wide range of business clients nationwide.
• Use a thorough grasp of project management methodologies and an in-depth knowledge of Impact Encore manufacturing accounting software to analyze complex client data and create innovative solutions designed to meet client software needs.
• Created cost accounting reports which reviewed the individual parts cost and the overall cost of manufacturing (including labor, overhead and cost of materials)
• Earned a reputation for being a “forward thinking” Consultant and used excellent writing skills to prepare clear and concise financial, production, and other reports.
• Developed and facilitated Crystal Report/Microsoft Access with Encore data and F9 software with Encore software user training classes.
EDUCATION: BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Western International University - Phoenix, Arizona (1986)
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Pima Community College - Tucson, Arizona (1983)