Executive Management / Senior Business Analyst
Entrepreneurial background with broad experiences in various business divisions and industries and an excellent understanding of the overall operations of a company. Experienced in Business Management, Project Management, and Risk Management with results driven by accurate planning and monitoring of performance measures. Ability to work in a management position both independently and team structure within a growth oriented company where I am able to leverage my skills and experiences.
Paragon Technology Group – Project Manager 04/09 to Present
Performed Project Management, Business Process Re-Engineering, and Property Management for various agencies of the Federal Government. Successfully accomplished objectives, stayed on schedule, and within budget on all projects.
• Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (03/12-Present)
o Manage the National Level Repository (NLR) States on-boarding with stakeholders consisting of and not limited to CMS, and all 56 states and territories.
o Lead a team that provides document support by maintaining a client facing SharePoint site which publishes and maintains CMS technical documentation.
o Monitor the project schedule and status by using custom made tracking tools.
o Coordinate and facilitate daily testing calls between State Administrators and all NLR contractors.
• National Archives and Records Administration (04/09-08/09)
o Created and implemented a property management system that accounted for all personal property in all 35 warehousing facilities as well as Presidential Libraries across the country.
o Collaborated with Managers and Property Accountability Officers to determine requirements, schedule, resources, and coordinated final deliverables.
o Successfully led a team that determined asset accountability along with a physical audit for 10 sites including 4 Presidential Libraries.
o Public Trust position.
Owner / General Partner 06/01 to Present
Owned and managed a diversified portfolio of business investments in a wide range of industries. These included businesses in retail, food service, personal services, online retail, and government contracting. Growth of all companies was accomplished through strategic planning, precise execution, and measuring performance by achieving planned milestones. Successfully managed 39 employees and a multi-million dollar revenue stream.
• Skillful at Strategic Business Planning and Tactical Execution. A quarterly environmental scan allows me to identify trends and capitalize on opportunities. Through a very structured process, I assess both internal factors (financial resources, business processes, technology, human capital, and organizational capacity) and external factors (economy, socio/political, and technology) to determine my organizational capacity and ability to succeed in each new business venture.
• Manage the day-to-day business operations by utilizing personnel to fulfill goals as well as creating an atmosphere that creates personal growth and achievement for each employee.
• Perform business valuation and analysis by identifying key issues that include: industry trends, market segmentation, bargaining power of customers, degree of competition, and bargaining power of suppliers/partners.
• Current and Past Capital Portfolio includes:
o Food Service Industry (current portfolio 2005-present) – Perform general accounting, payroll, taxes, inventory/supplies management, and food cost analysis for this restaurant. Created positive cash flow during the recession of 2007-2010 by managing costs, negotiating with vendors, and maintaining sales by using incentive programs designed for other industries.
o Personal Service Industry (current portfolio 2001-present) – This business performs dry cleaning, laundry, and alterations. It was built from the ground up with an entirely new business model and was strategically aligned to the growing real-estate market. Based on its market segmentation, it was developed to cater to higher-end clientele and has remained one of the top income producers within my portfolio for over a decade. 7 out of 10 current staff has been with the company since 2001.
o Retail Industry (2002–2005) – This business sold automotive parts domestically and internationally. It strategically capitalized on the emergent automobile customization trends which originated from the growing car tuning culture in Japan.
• 1996-2000 Sociology Major – Johns Hopkins University
• Project Management Continuing Education – PMP Certification 3rd Quarter 2012
• Fluent in English and Korean, partial Spanish.
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office.