Fulton, NY 13069
To obtain a position in security or law enforcement utilizing my knowledge and experience.
• Four years of experience providing various security functions in many different venues.
• Physically strong and fit with keen senses and exceptional powers of observation.
• Outstanding communication skills with experience communicating effectively with the public, co-workers, supervisors and other law enforcement professionals.
• Ability to listen, collect facts and utilize critical thinking skills to quickly assess situations and respond.
• A committed professional who works hard and takes pride in doing the job to the best of my ability.
• Checked personal identification for authenticity and determine if the ID matched the person presenting it to prevent entrance of minors to events serving alcohol.
• Patrolled premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and maintain the security of doors, and gates.
• Operated metal detectors and conducted “pat downs” to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into concerts.
• Observed behavior of concert goers to detect potential inappropriate behavior, approached individuals and provided a stern warning to desist in their actions or be subject to removal.
• Maintained a perimeter as part of a security team to prevent concert goers from entering the restricted area close to the stage to provide protection to the performers.
• Apprehended individuals observed doing inappropriate or illegal acts and escorted them to police officers for appropriate action.
• Utilized two-way radios to notify emergency personnel in order to obtain assistance for medical or other law enforcement matters.
• Conducted a pre-concert facilities tour to become familiar with the location emergency exits, medical check points and the police personnel in order to respond quickly to any emergency during the concert.
• Responded to emergency situations, assessed the situation, secured the area if necessary and contacted the appropriate personnel for assistance.
Security Guard Chestnut Street Security, Inc., Syracuse, NY 2005—Present
Sales Representative Northeast Great Dane, Syracuse, NY 2007—2008
Trailer Technician Northeast Great Dane, Syracuse, NY 2005—2007
Mechanic Thunder Alley Sports, Inc., Fulton, NY 2004—2005
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Pistol Permit Safety Course Delta IX Supply, Phoenix, NY
NYS Security Guard Certification NYS Division of Licensing Services, Albany, NY
Regents High School Diploma Phoenix High School, Phoenix, NY