Ernest C.M. Curci, II, MBA
Pompano Beach, Florida 33062
I am seeking a challenging position to apply my expertise, talents and abilities to review and improve business processes and practices that create greater efficiencies and value that result in reducing costs and increasing profitability. Through my 30 years of experience in various industries with more than 20 years in Information Technologies, I have continuously applied best practices and exceptional customer service to deliver exceptional results that have satisfied Stakeholders demands and delivered continuous value. I am a self starter that embraces the team work methods for sustaining continued value. The application of these techniques as well as evolving technologies, practices and principles that incorporate best practices methodologies as prescribed by ITIL for exceptional results related to Return on Investment as well as gaining Competitive Advantage.
4/2011 – 8/1012 Columbus Communications Inc., Boca Raton, Florida
Business Analyst/Project Manager Enterprise Systems Management
- Gathered requirements for Cerillion CRM Billing system UAT.
- Reviewed and improved billing business processes and documentation.
- Created the UAT plan for migration of legacy billing system to new system.
- Managed the UAT scoring and issues management.
- Provided on-site support for UAT testing for four Caribbean locations.
- Create reports using Business Objects to support billing operations.
- Manage and support the Business Objects server environment.
- Assumed PM responsibility for the Enterprise Management System comprised of Tivoli Products.
- Manage and support the Tivoli Monitoring environment.
- Manage and support the Tivoli NetCool/OMNIbus environment.
- Manage and support the Tivoli Service Request Manager environment.
- Created diagnostic tools to mange the Tivoli environment.
- Gathered requirements for Tivoli Network Configuration Manager (ITNCM).
- Gathered requirements for Tivoli Network Performance Manager (Proviso/ITNPM).
- Coordinated the activities of internal resources and vendors to install, configure and manage the EMS.
- Gathered requirements for infrastructure changes to meet growth and changes.
- Create reports for executive metrics and project budgets.
5/2010 – 4/2011 Inaya Insurance Solutions, Deerfield Beach, Florida
Director of Operations
- Develop and implement IT strategy and processes.
- Gather and document processes and procedures for ISO9001 compliance.
- Lead and direct 5 reports in 3 different countries and provide feedback and performance appraisals.
- Provide analysis for continuous improvement practices for TQM activities.
- Develop and deliver metrics reports to executives for continued adjustments to operations.
- Develop and deliver financial analysis using Excel and pivot tables for sales and commissions.
- Directed the migration from a legacy policy management system to a new SQL based integrated application.
- Managed the budget forecasts and actuals for the IT and Operations.
- Mentored and coached team members and other operations personnel.
- Conduct meetings with direct reports using Agile concepts and practices.
- Create financial and metrics reports using Crystal Reports.
- Create job specifications for new and existing positions in the organization.
- Complete and file state forms for Corporate compliance and licensing.
- Manage delivery of services from vendors for IT and operational materials.
- Implement procedures using ITIL Methodologies for Service Delivery.
- Use PMP methodologies to plan and deliver projects.
- Use of ACT for contact and marketing campaigns.
- Use MS Project 2010 to manage project tasks and reports.
- Use Visio 2010 for developing architectural diagrams.
10/2007 – 4/2010 Walt Disney World Company Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Project Manager – Infrastructure Project Office
- Support a variety of strategic initiatives through the development, planning and execution of critical Information Technology (IT) projects spanning multiple applications, vendors and departments.
- Responsible for project management and coordination activities, including: planning, scheduling/assigning work, problem identification and resolution, communication to stakeholders, change management, and evaluation of results.
- Manage the activities for a group of developers, contractors, and partners in support of the WDW infrastructure.
- Apply ITIL methods in symphony with PMI practices to support and deliver projects and manage outsource service providers and vendors.
- Develop and update Project Plans using MS Project.
- Track the progress and identify any deviations from the original project plan.
- Open and monitor changes using Service Center and the Disney Change process.
- Coach and mentor other team members, Project Managers and participants in support of projects and personal growth.
- Provide executive reports of metrics with budget forecasts and actuals of the Projects statuses using Business Objects and Crystal Reports.
08/2005 – 10/2007 Walt Disney World Company Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Project Manager/ Programmer Analyst Sr. – Content Management Systems
- Lead and manage the Technical Support activities for a group of developers, contractors, and partners in support of the WDW Content Management system using Vignette as the core application.
- Manage vendors in support of the Content Management system.
- Coordinate planning, acquisition, and support for the infrastructure required for the team members and systems that include application infrastructure components an services.
- Support individual team members by coaching and mentoring them on processes and procedures that are required by the organization to gain efficiency and compliance.
- Assist with approving time records and delivering financial reports using Primavera Team Player.
- Coordinate and assist with the process of deployment activities for code builds and regular operational maintenance to meet the business requirements and objectives per demand.
- Deploy and assign team members to activities and tasks for support of the applications.
- Create and submit financial and application performance activity metrics reporting of team support activities to leadership and executives.
- Provide continual forecasting and analysis of use and capacity of the systems to predict the potential growth and future requirements of resources that encompass the entire environment.
- Lead the team on developing alerting and automation to create an intelligent environment that is capable of identifying and resolving real issues and potential failures across of the elements and components that comprise the service.
- Create and develop automation and process improvement to reduce and eliminate application outages.
- Delivered the DR solution for the applications that my team is responsible for supporting.
- Implement projects using PMI methodology and using MS Project to design and measure the projects progress.
- Provided training to customers and support team for use in practices and applications.
05/2001 – 07/2005 The Walt Disney Company – IPNSE Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Systems Administrator Senior – Enterprise Management Systems
- Providing Support for the installation, configuration and support of Windows, and UNIX Servers and applications.
- During the IT Transformation my responsibilities became expanded to all Enterprise Systems Management and Remote Access design for the Infrastructure team.
- I was solely responsible for the HP OpenView Operations system, including the hardware, OS, Oracle Database and Application Monitoring, Alerting and automation of all of the corporate controlled servers.
- Delivered a costs savings in excess of $1 million that was recognized by modifying the license agreement with the vendor and by consolidating all east coast servers in a combined effort with WDW.
- I collaborated with the various support teams in identifying their alerting and automation needs and deliver intelligent solutions for their operations in addition to identifying value that could be leveraged for other related business units and teams.
- Created and delivered a training platform for all teams that used the service to support their application.
- Provided a training matrix that was use to measure and evaluate all teams that were to participate in the use of the tools.
- Developed project plans and managed all projects using MS Project and managed the delivery of all tasks and contributors executing tasks along with planning and scheduling.
- Provided the schedule for service levels and budgeting and charges associated with services.
- These methods reduce the impact of system, application and component failures, allowing the system to continue to provide a consistent guest experience.
- Provided training for the users of the tools that are made available to the teams and the concepts of Value Added Management practices and Value Chain Management.
- I developed templates and integration for applications and systems that didn’t have that native capacity.
- Created and tracked the system migration using MS Project for project plans and Excel for the Corporate managed servers into the combined WDW and IPNSE managed arena.
10/2000 – 05/2001 E.C. Consulting Boca Raton, Florida
Systems Consultant and BPM Consultant
- Provided consulting for installation and integration of Network & Enterprise Management software products on Windows NT and Unix platforms, including HP OpenView, Ca Unicenter TNG and Integration into 3rd party products (i.e. CiscoWorks 2000, 3com transcend, etc.).
- Provided planning, support and delivery of custom scripting for installations and integration of software products.
- Installation and configuration of all major operating systems and network equipment and software.
- Troubleshot and created UNIX scripts for automated installation and configuration of CA Unicenter TNG software and agents on Sun Solaris and IBM AIX systems.
- Provided consulting for the optimization and adjustment of products that were implemented at customer sites across the U.S. and supporting reports for reconciliation or recommendation of processes and procedures needed to resolve unsatisfied requirements.
12/1999 – 10/2000 Quantum Resources
Enterprise Management/BPM Consultant/ Network Engineer
- Provided analysis for products selection to architect and implement as part of a complete Network and Information Management System solution. The design included the use of CA Unicenter TNG, CA NetworkIT, HP OpenView, Cisco Works 2000, 3Com Transcend, Platinum Pro Vision and provided methods and strategies for integration across the organization into the various products that are being used to meet other organizational areas direct business needs (i.e. ZEN and Managewise, ECO tools, Compaq Insight Manager, Remedy Help Desk, Oracle Enterprise Manager, CA Arcserve and Legato Networker).
- Delivered a methodology that is centrally controlled by CA Unicenter TNG, for greater functionality and complete integration, while allowing for future expansion.
- Established time lines and project plans for the numerous responsibilities associated with delivering the implementation.
- Assisted with and providing expert advice in the variety of products that are available to meet and address the needs of the entire organization.
- Assisted in creating organizational policies and advancing the systems in the direction required for delivering Quality of Service and meeting Service Level Agreements.
6/1998 - 12/1999 Computer Associates International Mt. Laurel, NJ
Project Manager – Delivery Services
- Managed several concurrent projects with different objectives and team sizes of 3 to 12 members, of which I was responsible for delegating activities.
- Developed strategies and delivered presentations with Sales Teams, Development Teams and clients for the deployment and delivery of the methods necessary for success projects in multi platform environments that include Windows NT, UNIX, Novell NetWare, and Mainframe using CA Unicenter / TNG and other CA products.
- Provided budgets and forecast for ongoing and proposed projects ranging from $1,000,000 to $10,000,000.
-Managed internal staff and vendors staffs for various activities at project locations for delivery of services.
- Provided budgetary projections and forecasts of resources and revenue projections for profitability.
- Tracked the progress and resolved issues that may impact the performance, delivery and schedule of projects.
- Acted as a liaison between Internal Support Teams and the clients Project Managers, Stakeholders, Technicians and End-users to address any changes or roadblocks in Architecture, Infrastructure, Application Development that may affect the success of the project and delivering the milestones.
- Reported the projects statuses to internal management verbally and with written status reports, providing information on any factors that may affect the relationship with the client.
- I assisted in the business process assessment, providing feasibility analysis and Return on Investment analysis of products that will deliver a solution that meets the client's goals.
- Tracked budget and scheduling forecasts. Provide a complete interface for the Quality Control and Quality Assurance Review to increase service levels and customer satisfaction.
- Apply Risk Management techniques and strategies to minimize potential project failures.
- Submit project plans and updates using MS Project and MS Excel for client and internal management to review.
12/1997 - 7/1998 Advanced Networking Solution Willow Grove, PA
Manager - Technical Operations
- Managed a staff of 15 technicians, engineers and developers, providing daily direction and performance appraisals.
- Managed inventory and vendor orders and procurement deliveries.
- Acted as a liaison to resolve complex issues with clients, schedule and coordinate service calls, schedule installations, migrations and deliveries of Windows NT, Novell NetWare, HP-UX and Linux with Microsoft office, Corel office Suite and other Client/Server Applications.
- I assisted in the analysis and feasibility of new technology products for product line representation, delivery and implementation.
- I provided evaluation of the internal infrastructure and systems for upgrades, capacity planning and future expansion of internal LAN, WAN and ISP hardware and connections, in addition to Client/ Server and Internet applications and servers for corporate end users.
- I provided progress and status reports for clients and internal management, using support issues for creating a knowledge base for service personnel to use to resolve issues for clients in a more timely fashion, increasing customer satisfaction and service levels.
- I identified costs for the operations and submitted forecasts for financial budgets and allocation of expenses for operations.
Currently Attending Kennedy-Western University US
-Doctorate Business Administration
Nova Southeastern University US- FL-Orlando
Masters of Business Administration and specialization in LEADERSHIP
Nova Southeastern University US-FL-Orlando
Bachelors of Science
Bucks County Community College US-PA-Newtown
-Computer Systems Technology
Co-authored Article – Outsourcing Operations – ISDSI2008 Conference IMT, Ghaziabad, India
Co-authored Article – Golden Parachutes – OBEC 2008 Conference Oxford University, Oxford, England
Kiwanis International – Deerfield Beach
WDW Performance Objectives Committee 2007
WDW Workforce Diversity Council 2006
Committee Chair for CA PM Methodology Workshop - 1999
Member of Project Management Institute 1998
Who's Who of Computer Professionals 1997
National Deans List 17th Edition Volume 1
American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) 1989
HIPAA Basics Certification
ITIL Service Management Foundations Certification
CA Unicenter TNG CUE 2.1 & 2.2,
OpenView NNM 3.31 and 4.x,
HP-UX 10.x Administrator,
HP NetMetrix 4.6,
Bay Networks Router Specialist,
Bay Networks Hub Specialist,
Internet Web Administrator
Radon Testing and Mitigation