BRIAN L. ROBBINS
~ EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR ~
Highly accomplished executive, with comprehensive experience and commendable strengths in implementing and delivering strategic goals and objectives aligned with organizational missions, visions and values. Equipped with strong project management expertise, leadership skills as well as ability to establish and sustain public relations and key business partnerships honed through hands-on management experience and exposure to numerous community involvement activities. Expert at monitoring and ensuring continuous workflow and operations, with strong focus on law, ethical standards and norms compliance. Knowledgeable of Oracle Payroll and Vision (WebCare), a resident/patient information system. Armed with uncompromised commitment to providing exceptional service balanced by the highest degree of integrity in all relationships and transactions.
- Conceptual thinker with proven track record of success in developing growth strategies, identifying business needs, and formulating customized solutions and processes that consistently achieve revenue and profit enhancements.
- A visionary leader with well-defined management skills and powerful organization, problem-solving, and analytical aptitude.
- Effective communicator; skilled at establishing strong, professional relationships with partners, clients, and executives within multiple industries.
Core Competencies include:
Revenue Growth and Profitability - Process and Productivity Improvement - Financial Operations and Accounting
Policy Development and Implementation - Budget Optimization and Cost Control - Leadership and Team Building
Regulatory Compliance and Standards - Resources and Facilities Management - Staff Development and Retention
EXECUTIVE CAREER HISTORY & MILESTONES
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - Westminster / Life Care Services, Austin, TX - 2007–Present
Preside over strategy formulation to propel the company’s brand recognition. Direct all initiatives focused on establishing a leadership team and community guided by honesty, integrity, accountability, trust, passion, and inspired vision. Contribute to budget development and preparation of monthly financial analysis; cash flow statements; monthly, quarterly and yearly bond holder reports; corporate annual reports; and quarterly bond holder conference calls. Carefully consider customer/resident expectations in planning and allocating budget. Ensure overall compliance with Board of Directors policies in organizing various Westminster activities. Spearhead and/or participate in various committees: Life Care Service Operations Council, Strategic Planning Committee; Life Care Services Corporate Compliance Committee; LeadingAge Texas, Public Policy Committee; and LeadingAge Texas, Leadership Task Force.
- Challenged to lead the entire Westminster operations in Austin, a continuum care retirement community with 320 independent living apartment homes, 85-bed skilled nursing facility and 22 assisted living apartments; succeeded at expanding workforce to 266 full-time employees and multiplying revenues to more than $18M.
- Fulfilled an instrumental and leadership role in increasing net operating income from $250, 000 to $800, 000 annually.
- Strengthened financial performance and ratios, resulting in successful achievement of FITCH rating and reaffirmed in 2011 and 2012.
- Secured $98,620,000 funding for an expansion project by integrating diverse approaches in planning finance, which included line of credit, bank qualified bonds and tax-exempt bonds with multiple maturities.
- Shared strategic insights eventuating to successful implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management program.
- Served as key innovator of interdisciplinary department procedures, new corporate compliance procedures, new emergency preparedness policy, a new employee handbook, and a safety program.
- Achieved overtime reduction of more than $10K per pay period through effective scheduling, recruitment, and programs that boosted employee’s morale.
- Recovered $100K in lost revenue by efficiently following up and managing collections of bad debt.
- Led efforts in building and completing the $2M renovation of the main dining room.
- Accelerated key growth and productivity by lowering turnover from 65% to 15% in 2 years.
- Initiated efforts in making Medicare billing internal, saving organizational costs of more than $15K monthly.
- Took part in achieving bottom-line results through exemplary staff support; lowered account receivable to record level by less than 8% of total AR greater than 90 days.
- Capitalized on revenue enhancements, generating $600K in interest savings on pay down of debt, faster than the projected partial termination of SWAP.
- Enabled Westminster to be recognized and listed #2 on the Top Retirement Communities List in the Austin Business Journal for 2 consecutive years; redeemed 23.4M bonds paying off in 15 months.
- Successfully launched the phase one of project with sales velocity exceeding move-in assumption by 450%.
- Regarded as major contributor in achieving 100% pre-sold status of the community expansion for Westminster Manor as of January 25th, 2011 1 year advance of the scheduled opening.
- Proactively participated in the Texas Association of Homes and Services for the Aging (TAHSA) Art, an Ageless 2011 Contest and won seven art awards.
- Aided the Sales Team in producing an average occupancy of 97.3% (YTD); thus, continuously recognized for their top performance.
- Earned commendations for notable performance and accomplishments; garnered the following accolades:
- 2011 Generations Platinum Award for Westminster Manor Brochure
- Austin’s Best Place to Work in 2010, 2011, 2012 for the Austin Business Journal nominations
- 2011 Top Performer Award for Sales and Marketing
- 100% Sales Award in 2007 to 2011 with 96% Overall Resident Satisfaction Score
- One of America’s Top Nursing by Americas Research Council, 4th consecutive year
- 99% Executive Director Resident Satisfaction score
ADMINISTRATOR - Garden Valley Retirement Village / Life Care Services, Garden City, KS - 2006–2007
Provided direct supervision and support to the Garden Valley Retirement Village, a 115-bed skilled nursing facility with 40 independent living apartments in Garden City, Kansas and a retirement community with $7.5M in annual revenues. Displayed strong leadership capabilities in overseeing the Service Department operation staff of 160 employees. Integrated sound judgment in addressing resident concerns and employee problems while coordinating and completing special projects assigned by the Board of Directors. Utilized keen attention to details in performing center inspections and evaluations for the State Board of Health. Functioned as Corporate Compliance Officer; conducting bimonthly in-service training on business, state, and federal compliance issues. Rendered proactive engagement in the cradle-to-grave occupancy development and community activities.
- Improved and ensured accurate financial processing through implementation of new payroll process and software program.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES / ASSOCIATE ADMINISTRATOR - Garden Valley Retirement Village, Garden City, KS - 2005–2006
Applied best management approaches in administering employee compensation activities, including payroll checks processing, taxes payment and payroll deductions for insurance and other garnishments. Organized and coordinated human resources activities for a retirement community, including screening, interviewing and training all employees. Closely supervised and monitored industry compensation and classification studies and trends. Guaranteed overall adherence to company policies, facility corporate compliance plan, HIPAA, and all state and federal regulations.
- Served as key contributor in the creation and execution of all employee benefit programs.
- Formulated resolution to complex issues and delivered improved and performance-oriented operations through hands-on training and assistance for all department leaders.
PARAPROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANT - Lewis, Hooper and Dick, LLC, Garden City, KS - 2004–2005
Capitalized on accounting skills and business acumen in monitoring bottom-line factors for full-service accounting firm. Ensured accurate preparation of various tax returns along with reconciliation of bank accounts and posting and calculation of general ledgers. Assumed integral role in planning and administering general cost accounting activities as well as verifying financial reports for member/owners.
BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER, AP/AR COORDINATOR - St. Catherine Hospital-Surgery Center of Southwest Kansas, Garden City, KS - 2003–2004
Coordinated the maintenance and reconciliation of all general ledger, accounts payable and receivables. Spearheaded the creation and completion of end-of-month documents, including analysis reports. Leveraged expertise as operational leader in managing and resolving accounting concerns for the regional healthcare organization.
- Significantly reduced accounts receivable by $60,000 in 6 months through design and implementation of an accounts payable and receivables process.
FIRST CLASS PETTY OFFICER - United States Navy / United States Naval Reserves - 1990–2003
Fort Hays State University, Hays, KS
BACHELOR DEGREE IN GENERAL STUDIES WITH CONCENTRATION ON BUSINESS/ACCOUNTING: 2003
Dean’s Honor Role and Leadership Studies Certification
Texas Assisted Living Facility Manager’s Course: 2010
Nursing Home Administrator Practicum, AIT, Cowley County Community College, Arkansas City, Kansas: 2006
Nursing Home Administrator, State of Texas #9808: 2009
Nursing Home Administrator, State of Nebraska #2169: 2007
Nursing Home Administrator, State of Kansas #3219: 2006
Board of Directors, LeadingAge Texas: 2011–Present
Board of Directors, Texas Chapter of the American College of Healthcare Administrators: 2011–Present
Chair, Leadership Task Force, TAHSA: 2011–2012
Austin Stone Community Church - LeadingAge (National Association)
Society for Human Resource Managers (SHRM) - Kansas Adult Care Executives (KACE)
American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) - American College of Health Care Administrators (ACHCA)
Lions Club International