Acworth, GA 30102
Objective: To associate with a company providing support, case management, and counseling to individuals utilizing my degree in Counseling Studies, and Social Services, with opportunities for career development and professional growth.
Education: Capella University, Minneapolis, MN December, 2009
Master of Science, Counseling Studies
The College of New Rochelle, NY May, 2001
Bachelor of Social Work
• Strong knowledge in case management skills in the areas of review, assessment, the use of DSM-IV, and follow up.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, demonstrated talent for managing a productive/diverse schedule, and communication skills.
• The ability to resolve discrepancies or interfaces with internal and external clients.
• Successfully utilize skills in diplomacy, tact problem solving to effectively handle clients and defuse potential explosive situations.
• Quality-oriented, with demonstrated ability to develop instant rapport and build relationships with new and existing individual clients, through maximum attention to detail and providing service beyond expectation.
• Effectively perform both as an autonomous, self motivated individual and as an active contributing team member. Organization skills and project management experience.
• Energetic, positive demeanor, with verifiable record of motivating self and others to meet objectives. Proficient in the use of Windows, Excel, Microsoft Word, and Power Point.
The United Methodist Children’s Home, Decatur, GA
Social Worker 2005- Present
• Create treatment plans and goals for each client.
• Assist clients in locating appropriate housing in the community.
• Conduct life-skills which will prepare clients for future endeavors.
• Submit monthly reports to DFCS regarding progress toward goals established in their Written Transitional Living Plan.
• Facilitated monthly life-skills meetings for all clients in the program.
• Taught appropriate life-skills individually, based on client’s need.
• Assessed client needs for after care and discharge planning.
• Submitted weekly and monthly therapeutic reports regarding each client’s progress toward the goals established in his/her Transitional Living Plan.
• Monitored each client’s savings and expenditures to ensure proper budgeting of income.
• Complete Purposeful visits and enter into GA Shines
Ethel’s Place, Marietta, GA 2004-2005
• Provided support and taught critical thinking skills, and personal development through group and individual work with the youth under severe stress.
• Developed group programs that provide social support, role modeling, experiential learning, designed to teach goal achievement, conflict reduction, and negotiation skills.
The City of New York, Bronx, NY 2001-2004
• Provided social work and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS and Addictions.
• Completed psychosocial. Evaluate each patient at admission and formulate appropriate treatment plan.
• Assist in coordinating services with the community agencies to ensure appropriate client care. Maintain records, prepared reports for legal action.
• Provide ongoing case studies, advocate services for the client to be catered to medically, socially and emotionally.
• Assist clients in obtaining appropriate housing in the community
• Submit monthly reports regarding each client’s progress towards goals established