William H. McGuane
Bowmansville, NY 14026
Corporate SME level experience in Workers Compensation, Risk, OSHA Compliance, Safety, Training, Human Resources, Labor Relations, Security/ Loss Prevention program and policy development through four large and diverse unionized healthcare and manufacturing platforms. Possess the ability to positively impact internal culture by intelligently integrating these strategies with fundamental organization objectives.
Major Human Resources Program accomplishments:
• Prepared and facilitated Grievance, Mediation and Arbitration meetings.
• Negotiated CBA modifications (i.e. manning, healthcare & PPO issues).
• Enhanced internal culture & communications with monthly business update mtgs.
• Benefits and services administration.
• Developed Employee Self Service System.
• Organized and conducted internal investigations involving employees
• Developed and presented all “Organizational Strategy” seminars for managers.
• Implemented Quebecor’s Labor/ Management WC Reform Committee.
• Facilitated Quebecor’s Labor/ Management WPV Prevention Committee.
• Conducted management level Performance Reviews and Interviews.
Major Workers Compensation Program accomplishments:
• Program cost containment in all organizations despite more challenging financial and legal environments.
• Improved Broker and TPA cost and service structures in soft insurance markets and retained them in hard market environments.
• Developed workers compensation performance reporting process to include program measurables for cost containment, claims closing, and reserve monitoring.
• Developed Medicare Set Aside (MMSEA) process in conjunction with TPA to insure Section 111 compliance and avert potential fines.
• Completed and issued an Annual Workers Compensation Report to track and communicate cost at organizational and departmental levels.
• Implemented an electronic claims reporting process, which automatically sent internal claim reports to our TPA to reduce reporting lag times and enabled instantaneous claims management processes.
• Implemented “Transitional Work Programs” in both manufacturing and healthcare platforms.
• Developed a TPA generated Environmental Health & Safety Report to better understand and communicate accident/ injury trending and apply appropriate safety strategies where needed.
• Developed an internal Claims Management checklist for HR administrators to insure timely, accurate, consistent and effective claims management procedures and processes.
• Developed a Workers Compensation Reform Template for the New York State Assembly.
• Conducted bi-monthly Claims Reviews with Insurance Carriers, attorneys, Case Managers and claims investigators to insure cost control and appropriate claims closing strategies were in place for all open claims.
• Developed a NYS Workers Compensation training presentation for all managers.
• Developed weekly Leave/ Layoff meeting process to better manage and understand the costs related to leave programs and absenteeism.
Major Safety Management Program accomplishments:
• Developed company-wide policies and procedures to facilitate reliable safety compliance and reporting, while remaining sensitive to individual operational philosophies, needs and strengths.
• Developed and implemented internal H & S Teams, which included representation at all organizational levels to make safety a viable presence in all operational units.
• Developed cost and injury data presentations to insure all operational units became accountable and responsible for employee safety.
• Instituted audit programs to eliminate workplace hazards and effectively demonstrate commitment to the program at floor level.
• Developed OSHA Compliance Programs in each employment opportunity.
• Developed all Safety Training initiatives (LOTO, Ergonomics, PPE, etc.)
• Managed all Fire Brigade, Contingency Planning & Evacuation processes.
• Established “Root Cause” Accident Investigation process to avert recurrence.
• Implemented organizational ergonomic teams to intelligently assess and remediate ergonomic hazards.
• Implemented focused safety committees to meet organizational needs.
• Utilized as “Safety Organization” template for divisional development.
Major Training Program Development accomplishments:
• Developed and presented Workplace Violence Prevention Training process.
• Developed and presented “Organizational Strategies” seminars for managers.
• Developed supervisory training initiatives for “Frontline Safety Program.”
• Developed all Safety Awareness and OSHA Compliance Training.
• Presented Safety Team meetings to enhance safety acumen at floor level.
• Developed and presented training initiatives for Proper Documentation Strategies, FMLA, ADA, Terminations & Discipline, Sexual Harassment, Performance Review Processes, Interviewing Strategies and Discrimination.
2006 – Present (Workers Compensation, Benefits & Services Manager) Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm & Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263
1996 - 2006
Workers Compensation, Health, Safety & Security Manager
Quebecor World Printing, 2475 George Urban Blvd., Depew, NY 14043
1996 – 1997
Workers Compensation & Safety Manager WonderBread
131 Fougeron St., Buffalo, NY 14211
1993 – 1996 (Workers Compensation, Safety & Training Coordinator) Carborundum Abrasives, 1403 Walmore Rd., Wheatfield, NY 14403
1988 – 1993
Safety Engineer Arcata Graphics Corporation
2475 George Urban Blvd., Depew, NY 14043
1979 – 1988
Captain, Security, Arcata Graphics Corporation
2475 George Urban Blvd., Depew, NY 14043
1975 – 1979 Law Enforcement Specialist
Awarded numerous medals and ribbons for conduct & weapons proficiency. United States Air Force, Altus AFB, Altus, Oklahoma
1979 – 1981, Buffalo State College, Secondary Education
1975 – 1979, Altus Junior College, English/ Journalism
OSHA General Certification, Occupational Health & Safety Administration HumanTech Ergonomic Program Manager, HumanTech Corp. HAZMAT Security Manager Certification, University of Buffalo First Aid, CPR, AED Certified, American Red Cross
Professional references provided upon request.