Karthik Thirukonda Viswanath
To obtain a challenging position within an organization where I can use my strong education background and apply diverse skills while contributing towards the growth of my employer.
Research and Development
University at Buffalo, State University of New York - Buffalo, NY
August 2010 – Present
Analysis and Measurement of Ink Media Interactions in Inkjet Printing
• A mathematical model of colloidal aggregation in ink pigments based on DLVO Theory and Smoluchowski Kinetics is built using MATLAB.
• Cost reduction through theoretical study of ink absorption as a function of fluid properties and media properties using Computational Fluid Dynamics Technique and Flow 3D software.
Indian Institute of Technology - Madras, India
May 2009 to December 2009
• Built a T-Junction Microreactor and compared with batch reactor. Energy efficient, higher yield & better reaction time were observed in former case.
• An extensive Statistical Process Control based analysis & other problem solving skills were used to find the result for reaction kinetics as function of velocity & flow rate.
• All results were based on mathematical, simulated & experimental model of T-Junction Microreactor.
GB Industry - Trichy, India
January 2009 to April 2009
• Position in Product Development Department and worked as a team of three members in a manufacturing plant.
• Prepared active carbon from by-products of rice husk and physical properties of active carbon such as porosity, surface area, density & mesh size were studied using various isotherms.
• Gained experience in planning, designing & execution of experiments in laboratory & pilot plant and following various HAZOP, risk management technique etc.
Research and Development
National Institute of Technology - Trichy, India
May 2008 to December 2008
• Generated geometric model of Spiral Plate Heat Exchanger (SPHE) using the specifications of a real time heat exchanger using AutoCAD and simulated by exporting the cad file into ANSYS Fluent.
• The simulated results were optimized using minitab which indicated significant accuracy with experimental results and hence, correlation between various dimensional numbers was developed for this model.
University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY
MS Chemical Engineering, May 2012
Overall GPA 3.4/4
National Institute of Technology, Trichy, India
B.Tech Chemical Engineering, May 2010
Overall GPA 3.1/4
Relevant Coursework: Heat & Mass Transfer, Process Dynamics & Control, Chemical Reaction Engineering I & II, Colloids & Surface Phenomena, Advanced Thermodynamics, Process Equipment Design & Drawing, Quality Assurance.
Operating System: Windows & Linux
Software: Flow 3D, MATLAB / Simulink, Aspen HYSYS, Minitab, Mathematica, ANSYS Fluent, AutoCAD, Microsoft Visio, Photoshop, Microsoft Office
Language: C, C++, HTML, PHP, Mysql
Six Sigma Green Belt Certified.