Objective: To continue working in a people-oriented business where I can utilize my interpersonal and managerial skills.
Education: A.A. – Associates Degree in Fashion Merchandising and Retail Management, Berkeley College
10/07 – 01/12 Beall’s Inc, Bradenton, FL
Executive Asst./ Asst. Buyer Accessories Div.
Perform administrative and clerical duties for DMM of the Accessories division.
• Perform data entry functions, such as item declaration, purchase order entry, maintenance/inquiry, price changes, markdowns and transfers.
• Perform word processing tasks.
• Generate DMM’s itinerary for market trips. This includes confirming all appointments.
• Filing, report and mail distribution.
• Frequent communication with Store Analysts and Merchandise Planners.
• Daily communication with vendors. This includes selling information, order information, and deliveries of orders. As well as confirmation of receipt of purchase order and resolving any discrepancies with the vendors.
• Sample management including requests, creating boards with samples, returns to vendors and store transfers.
• Assist DMM in writing purchase orders.
2005-2006 Putnam Beauty and Supply, Carmel, NY
Managed overall activity in a point of sale beauty supply and service store.
• Daily Operation of the store. Including but not limited to: opening and closing procedures, cash register duties and reconciliation at end of day, and employee scheduling.
• Maximized sales and profitability of assigned areas through execution of company programs.
• Managed all aspects of merchandising, window displays, and stocking.
• Maintained inventory flow of goods. Worked directly with vendors to order, confirm and verify shipments.
• Training and supervised full and part time personnel.
• Ensured excellence in customer service and resolved all problems at the store level.
1995-2005 Carmel Central School District, Carmel, NY
Assisted in managing the day-to-day activities for the school district.
• Collected attendance records from teachers.
• Maintained accurate attendance files.
• Reported information to the main office.
• Assisted school nurse with tending to the students.
• Assisted the school social worker and psychologies with parent/student interactions and resolution of parent/student matters.
1981 – 1984 Howland Steinbach, White Plains, NY
Manage multiple product departments to obtain turnover and gross margin goals for a 25 store chain in the northeast.
• Selected apparel, negotiated pricing, assortments and markdowns with vendors.
• Established and maintained relationships with vendors to develop products.
• Distribution of apparel to stores.
• Interacted with Stores Sales Team, Warehouse Inventory Staff, and Corporate Management.
1978-1981 Sears, Roebuck and Company, White Plains, NY
• Point of Sale interaction with customers.
• Inventory control.
• Assisted in Store Displays.
• Overall customer service.
• Managed cashiering activities in areas of purchasing, returns, and exchanges, and enforced store policies.
References available upon request.