LYDIA LAEL PARENT
Toronto, Ontario M4S 3G9
STRATEGY | LEADERSHIP | PERFORMANCE
Top-performing coordinator and program manager with a flexible, adaptable style and hands-on approach, and who thrives in an atmosphere that demands excellence and strong team-building skills. Superb communication, interpersonal, leadership and project management skills; able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision. Ability to work well within a team, handle multiple tasks and identify and swiftly solve problems. Experienced operations manager with a proven background to meet and exceed client expectations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
* Managing Logistics
* Relationship Building
* Staff Supervision
* Superior Interpersonal Skills
* Project Management
* Contract Negotiation
* Cost Analysis
* Market Research
* Database Management
Senior Specialist of Learning Delivery and Logistics -
Cherry Bekaert & Holland
April 2011 - Present
Drove the creation, delivery and ongoing evaluation of tailored learning plans and licensing requirements for the firm. Applied the principles of project management to the planning and execution of all programs. Planned and performed conference logistical planning and led on-site management at all large scale, high impact training events.
* Successfully accommodated growth of conferences through the evaluation and selection of new conference venues, balancing participant needs and budgetary constraints.
* Executed facility selection, rate negotiation, contract terms, travel and transportation arrangements and other required logistics according to budget.
* Ensured a trouble-free conference experience for both attendees and speakers through the effective designation and selection of hospitality services, facility resources and technical support.
* Evaluated pre-conference set-up, identified requirement gaps and drove quick, effective resolution to all outstanding issues.
* Increased sense of community and team building though the creation and implementation of conference social events and activities.
* Collaborated with learning consultant teams to coordinate speakers as well as design and develop effective learning delivery solutions to support industry compliance and timeframes.
* Supervised the creation of CB&H University learning plans to ensure all associates and partners are assigned to tailored learning plans.
* Proactively redesigned the intranet learning calendar enabling easy access to relevant information, registration and tracking of participant responses.
* Coordinated and communicated learning activity information and promotional materials to participants.
* Created, owned and implemented pre- and post-conference assessments through online evaluations.
* Designed and implemented training department policies and procedures.
* Conducted financial reconciliation and periodic reports on budget, activities and cost.
* Assisted in the creation of future year’s budgets.
* Proudly and efficiently delivered outputs routinely before deadline though highly motivated and efficient work; cognizant of other’s dependencies on own work output.
Programs Manager –
Virginia Society of CPAs
January 2008 - April 2011
Built and facilitated client relationships and sold in-house education programs to firms, companies, governmental agencies and associations as well as promoting VSCPA membership.
* Coordinated directly with Member Relations Director to set up visits and personally deliver presentations to offices with the purpose of increased participation and membership in the society.
* Developed and executed on-going comprehensive sales plan for in-house programs. Analyzed market research as well as member database to target programs and marketing efforts.
* Collaborated with Education Director on new content/course development as well as evaluating new educational training opportunities/providers including group self-study and online CPE.
* Negotiated pricing and contracts with clients and vendors.
* Oversaw database management and tracking of the in-house program.
* Responsible for in-house budget preparation and financial tracking.
* Supervised sales assistant position.
Supplemental Products Coordinator –
July 2006 – January 2008
Coordinated sales and operational functions of all supplementary publications that published both within and independently of the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
* Worked closely with prepress design services, pressroom, marketing, news department, management and sales staff, as well as outside vendors, including commercial printers.
* Performed all reporting and cost analysis functions of supplementary publications.
* Analyze market research and reports in order to determine distribution for targeted products.
* Coordinated with sales management, sales and coordinators to maximize efforts and revenue.
Account Executive –
July 2004 - July 2006
Managed over 100 active advertising accounts.
* Exceeded revenue goals 2004-2006.
* Acquired 3-4 new accounts per month.
* Coordinated 4 yearly multi-market travel advertorials.
* Increased revenue of 30% in 2006, over previous year.
Classified Advertising Representative -
December 2001 - July 2004
Managed regular accounts, as well as incoming calls from the public, generating new revenue through cold calls and following up with customers.
* Processed an above average amount of incoming calls from the public, averaging over 60 calls a day.
* Took the most ACD calls in the department in 2003 by almost 5000 calls.
* Made an average of over 20 outside calls per day.
* Exceeded sales goals on a monthly basis.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Bachelor of Arts in Communication, State University of New York at Geneseo