Maxine L. Stanley
Longwood, FL 32779
Areas of Expertise: Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook; financial analysis and accounting experience; insurance and medical claims background; strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal and writing skills.
Education: B.S. degree in Medical Records Administration, University of Illinois, with honors (1977); 12 accounting and business courses taken post-graduation.
04/06 – 10/11 Great American Insurance Company
Compliance Product Analyst (ELD Division, Schaumburg, IL.)
• Filed insurance forms and rates for Directors and Officers Liability, Employment Practices Liability and other insurance products in all 50 states; well-versed in filing requirements for individual states and SERFF filing software.
• Set up and maintenance of agent licensing information in computer database; excellent rapport with agents, brokers and underwriters.
• Created and designed policy forms and endorsements using advanced Word skills.
• Prepared financial exhibits and spreadsheets to submit with rate filings.
• Used Excel spreadsheets as organizational tool for tracking filings and designed a master spreadsheet to organize and consolidate rate plans by product and state.
Risk Management Coordinator (LPL Division, Maitland, FL.)
• Provided risk management materials and publications to attorneys.
• Design, layout and mass mailing of quarterly Risk Management newsletter.
• Organized Continuing Legal Education programs for law firms including the 2007 biennial CLE convention, in Las Vegas, attended by over 200 attorneys.
• Miscellaneous administrative duties including communication with vendors, ordering supplies, processing invoices, etc.
02/02 – 07/05 Hannover Life Reassurance, Orlando, FL
• Prepared monthly reinsurance reports, input and reconciled billing components in accounting system, invoiced clients and resolved discrepancies.
• Prepared quarterly profit and loss work papers and other financial exhibits.
• Project coordinator and recording secretary for several company-wide committees: prepared meeting minutes, agendas and monitored work/task completion by members.
• Evaluated work flow, wrote and developed procedures and designed forms to simplify processes.
01/90 – 05/01 Universal American Insurance Company, Lake Mary, FL
System Support\Product Implementation Specialist
• Set up and maintenance of insurance parameters on computer mainframe.
• Product implementation and system conversions, testing and trouble-shooting system problems, documenting and implementing corrective action.
• Saved the company over $500,000 by detecting a premium billing error and implementing corrective action.
• Prepared financial work papers and reports in Excel.
• Analyzed and audited financial data and system-generated reports.
• Assisted Chief Actuary with reserve calculations and testing projection software.
Medical Claims Analyst
• Processed medical claims according to contract provisions.
• Oral and written communication with health care providers, agents and members to explain claim decisions.
Central States Health and Pension Fund, Rosemont, IL
1/87 – 5/88 Supervisor, Financial department
• Supervised check disbursements unit (6 FTE).
• Performed month-end bank reconciliation and financial forecasts.
• Wrote procedures and implemented work simplification processes.
1/84 – 1/87 Staff Development and Trainer
• Orientation and instruction of new claim adjusters.
• Designed training programs and procedure manuals.
1/80 – 1/84 Medical Claims Adjuster and Quality Analyst
• Processed medical claims; review and audit other analysts’ work.
FLMI, Fellow Life Management Institute, with distinction – earned 1994
HIA, Health Insurance Associate – earned 2003
ACS, Associate of Customer Service – earned 2004
RPLU, Registered Professional Liability Underwriter – earned 2011
• Extensive writing experience including training and procedure manuals, job descriptions, meeting minutes, work flow analysis, design of forms and marketing materials, layout and design of newsletters.
• Creative and innovative.
• Enthusiastic and energetic.
• Detail oriented.