Address: **** * ****** *****, *******, AZ 85024
Ph: 1-916-***-****, Email: email@example.com
Objective: To obtain the position of mechanical engineer in an organization where I can utilize my mechanical engineering skills.
• Around 2 years of experience in manufacturing and design (Pro-E 4.0).
• Hands on experience in Computer Aided Design (CAD).
• Basic Understanding of ASME codes for Pressure Vessels, Piping and valves.
• Familiar with API 6A codes for designing of valves, flanges, blocks etc.
• Knowledge of basic manufacturing processes like Foundry, Forging, Machining, Welding etc.
• Working knowledge of material selection software like CES.
• Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics includes steady state gas & liquid flow, compressible flow, two phase flow.
• Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis, ANSYS.
• Working knowledge of Piping stress analysis software CAESAR-II
Pro/E, AutoCAD, Solid Works, ANSYS (FEA), MATLAB, MathCAD 2000i, Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point, Outlook Express).
Nutan Engineering Works (Haryana, India) (May 2008-July 2009)
Position: Mechanical Engineer
• Projects included development and implementation of computerized management information system for capacity debottlenecking in machine shop, reducing the labor cost by 30%.
• Reviewed design drawings and made needed changes.
• Handled product development for valves.
• Designed the new product and performed the empirical calculations for calculating stresses by using various formulas given in ASME BPVC & API 6A.
• Helped shop floor with trouble shooting of new products.
• Worked on Pro E and AutoCAD for drawing various 2-D and 3-D.
• Managed Database for issuing new part No.’s, releasing drawings for manufacturing.
• Assisting the inside sales by providing the needed technical information.
• Assisted with client change orders, participated in the conception, design, and implementation of new products.
• Estimated, engineered, purchased and received manufacturing and quality control issues.
Northern Railways India (Haryana, India) (May 2006-August 2006)
Position: Graduate Engineer Trainee
• Earned a very good hand on different mechanical process being used in manufacturing plants to get an end product.
• Practical working experience with MIG, TIG, SAW and various Arc welding machines, Destructive and Non-destructive testing.
• Learned about Estimation, Engineering, Purchasing and Receiving, Manufacturing and Quality control issues.
• Helped in updating design as change in customer’s order.
• Gathered information regarding manufacturing with time study and compared it with the standard time been taken by the process to deliver the end product. This idea helped in bringing the labor and transportation to minimum.
• M.S., Mechanical Engineering, San Jose State University, CA, USA (May 2012)
• B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, India (May 2008)
COURSE WORK DONE
• Design: Computer Aided Design (Pro-E 4.0), Machine Component Design, Material Selection in Mechanical Design, Mechanics of Solids, Mechanical Vibrations, Mechanisms, Control Systems.
• Manufacturing: Advance Manufacturing Analysis, Manufacturing and Production Processes, Advance Material Science, Metallurgy.
• Fluid Machines: Fluid Mechanics, Thermal System Optimization, Thermodynamics I, II & III, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration.
• Industrial: Six Sigma, Process Analysis, Engineering Economics, Project Management, Organization and Management, Statistical Quality Control, Operations Research.
ACADEMIC PROJECTS AND PRESENTATIONS
• Pro/E (Wildfire 4.0) Modeling: Modeled “Pulley Assembly” using Pro/ENGINEER features which included variable section sweep, pattern and family table, etc. and printed part drawing, assembly drawing, sectional view and exploded view and bills of materials on paper sheet in customized drawing format.
• Analysis of hand mixer in Solid works.
• Analysis and optimization of train spring.
• Development of a sustainable power generation process based on biogas technology.
• Analysis of various kinds of cracks, calculating stress intensity, energy release rate, J-integrals in 2-D and 3-D, stress/strain concentration factor in infinitely wide plates using ANSYS.
• Pump design between suction and discharge lines with the help of design procedures and pump operating curves in process analysis.
• Graduate Project on “Control of mechanical systems” using MATLAB.
• Paper presentation on HMD and its uses in various chemical processes.
• Design project on materials for connecting rods.
• Optimization of Heat Exchanger by formulating its mathematical model and solving it with the help of Lagrange’s Multipliers and MathCAD.