Jeremy R. Meredith
Pasco, WA 99301
August 7, 2012
Dear HR Manager:
I am writing in response to your website posting for a Field Service Technician. As you’ll see on my enclosed resume, I have the professional experience, technical skillset, and customer service background required for the position. Further, I maintain an active passport and am comfortable with extended travel requirements.
I employ a methodical and logical approach to most everything I do. I am also a very hands on and technical oriented person. This has allowed me to be an asset in every company I've worked for and build a strong career in customer service fields ranging from retail to military support. I consider myself to be an honest and loyal person: a man of integrity.
I am motivated and enjoy the challenge of learning new things. I would appreciate the opportunity to interview for the position offered. I will make myself available, during or outside of normal business hours, to meet at your convenience.
Jeremy R. Meredith
Jeremy R Meredith
Obtain a management or field service technician position with a progressive company that rewards experience and integrity while encouraging opportunities for growth by building upon current skill sets and certifications already achieved.
BryAir factory trained technician with HVAC Universal certificate and additional, extensive experience with Air Technology Systems, Stultz-ATS, Munters Cargocaire, and Concept Designs Inc. dehumidifier systems, Echelon control systems, and familiar with remote monitoring via land line and wireless communications. Over nine years experience doing system performance evaluations and electrical and mechanical installations; over 14 years supervisory experience; and 20 years customer service experience; maintains an active passport; and resides within ten minutes of Pasco Regional Airport.
Field Service Technician & Area Manager, Logis-Tech Inc, Manassas, VA 2003 – Present
• Extensive travels to customer locations to test, trouble shoot, repair, install, start up, shut down, and do preventive maintenance and adjustments on customer owned equipment to meet performance standards.
• Manage a team of 8 or more individuals and direct site operations at 25 locations spread across 8 states.
• Provide after-hours technical phone support and replacement part management to LTi employees and customers.
• Conduct training on proper use of LTi managed equipment, explain the benefits of corrosion prevention control, and promote service contracts.
• Submit written reports to customer and LTi after every service visit, documenting problems found, work performed, future customer and LTi responsibilities, and expected follow up procedures.
1st Assistant Manager, Papa John’s Pizza, Pleasant Grove, UT 2002 – 2003
Perform the duties of the manager by assignment or in his absence.
• ¬Promoted to 1st Assistant Manager after two and half months.
• Credited with boosting employee performance and customer satisfaction at underperforming store.
• Designated as Floating District Trainer specializing in assembly line management and flow.
Senior Verifying Official, ManCon Inc, China Lake Naval Base, CA Summer 2001
Position required a thorough background check, allowing unescorted access inside secure facilities. Responsible for verifying confidential, military and civilian personnel records prior to issuing Smart card Military Identification cards.
Proficient in Microsoft Windows XP, Window Vista, Windows 7, and Microsoft Office Suite 2003, 2007, and 2010 experienced. Also experienced in other operating systems and office suites.
Brigham Young University Idaho, Rexburg, ID 2010 – 2011
BS, University Studies: Business & Communications (in progress)
• ¬Online Degrees Program, Continuing Education (86 credits completed)
• Course work included: Public speaking, Organizational Effectiveness, and Interpersonal Theory & Practice
¬Utah Valley State College, Orem, UT 2002 – 2003
HVAC Technician program
• ¬Universal Refrigerant license awarded (2003)
• Coursework included: Basic Electricity, Basic Welding, Basic HVAC, and HVAC Math
Ricks College, Rexburg, ID 1999 – 2000
ASA, Associate of Science & Arts, University Studies: Fine Arts
ACHIEVEMENT & CERTIFICATIONS:
Utah Valley State College, Orem, UT 2000 – 2001
Professional Pilot program
Boy Scouts of America
Eagle Scout award earned at age 13 May 1989
Order of the Arrow, BSA Honor Society June 1989
Boy Scouts of America: Active member, Troop 149, Committee member, past Assistant Scoutmaster.
Order of the Arrow: Active member, Chapter Advisor.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: Served two year mission, 1995 – 1997.