Chicago, IL 60614
Highly successful sales professional with experience in aerospace, industrial, coil, and architectural coatings markets. Increased sales 20% year over year in flat economies. Strategic thinker capable of creating innovative strategies when selling new business. Known as a strong closer.
Core competencies include:
• Account Management
• Corporate Contract Negotiation
• Strong Closer
• Strategic Relationship Selling
• Multi-level Management Selling
• Persuasive Presentation Skills
• Effective Communicator with Chemists
• Hands-on Technical Knowledge of Chemicals
• Excellent Listener
• Supervisory Experience
ELECTROCHEMICAL PRODUCTS, INC . 2010 - Present
Business Development Manager
• Sell unique, value add chemical products to the metal plating industry
• Develop relationships with new and existing customers to increase chemical sales in
the IL and WI metal plating industry
AKZO NOBEL AEROSPACE COATINGS 2007-2010
Area Sales Manager – Canada and NE United States
Managed one of four major OEM Aerospace manufacturers as well as the helicopter and subcontractor market.
• Managed and sold to a five million dollar territory
• Brought innovative products to market by working with chemists and product marketing.
• Managed paint sales for the Presidential Helicopters.
• Successfully sold highly complex products to meet Aerospace engineered specifications.
LA-CO INDUSTRIES, INC., Elk Grove Village, IL 2005-2007
Product Marketing Manager, Specialty Chemicals
Responsible for the product management and marketing of the $6 million Chemical and Allied products line into the plumbing and industrial production markets.
• Developed annual Chemical and Allied Products strategic plan. Implemented product concepts, product line extensions and product line marketing materials.
• Managed major plumbing chemical distributors and enabled them to market plumbing chemical products.
• Partnered with major contractors to set up contracts for year-end rebate programs.
ROHM AND HAAS COMPANY, Philadelphia, PA 2003-2005
Account Manager Automotive Powder Coatings
Sold powder coating products to Automotive and Industrial customers in the Midwest region.
• Utilized proven technical expertise to generate new sales in $2 million automotive coatings market.
• Sold to Tier II and Tier III accounts, defining specifications to meet Big Three Automotive standards.
THE VALSPAR CORPORATION, Paint Manufacturer Minneapolis, MN 1984-2003
Product Manager (2000-2003)
Managed new coatings product line in developing Commercial building Restoration market US wide.
• Developed key relationships with leading industry accounts, achieving sales of $1 million within the first three years.
• Negotiated with major DIY chains (ie: Lowes, Home Depot) to restore their store facades.
• Put together corporate programs for large metal roofing corporations for the refinishing of their product.
Business Development Manager (1998-2000)
• Developed marketing and business plans to introduce a new $2 million product line into existing markets for the Building Products industry.
• Assisted chemists with physical testing in laboratory environment.
• Enhanced product capabilities through collaboration with chemists.
Sales Management (1996-1998)
• Managed $20 million North American Extrusion coatings sales group, increased sales 24% annually.
Sales Representative (1989-1996)
• Grew business from $1 million to $5 million in first three years.
• Increased sales by 20% each year.
• Used color matching equipment to enhance sales at customer’s site.
• Influenced major clients to upgrade product that generated increased margins.
• Used corporate account strategies to enhance sales at major window manufacturers.
• Increased average volume per account by 30% through creating key account strategies.
Cost Accounting Supervisor (1984-1989)
• Led organized, motivated and evaluated staff; built an efficient and effective results oriented team.
• Promoted from General Accountant to Accounts Payable Supervisor and then to Cost Accounting Supervisor due to demonstrated diligence and performance.
WELSH COMPANIES, Minneapolis, MN 1983-1984
MBA in E-business, University of Phoenix 2002, GPA 3.99
B.S. in Business Administration-Majors Accounting and Management, Kansas State University 1983
Courses taken in Biology, Psychology, and Chemistry
Proficient with Color Instrumentation
Six months laboratory training in basic resin technology
Strategic and Psychological Sales Techniques
Working knowledge of chemicals used in paint, coatings, metal finishing, personal care
AESF/NASF – Chicago and Milwaukee Board of Trustees – Current
ChemPharma Board of Trustees - Current