SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Over Fourteen years of experience in accounting, financial reporting, modeling, analysis and planning, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis, strategic cost accounting management, and internal controls review and implementation.
• Significant exposure working with global manufacturing companies, dealing in operations, strategies, management structures, market analysis and research, supply chain and inventory management, and business reviews through key performance indicators.
KEY2ETHNIC MARKET, Allentown, PA
President & Founder (September 2007-Present)
· Develop value-added marketing opportunities connecting local/regional businesses with targeted ethnic clients by harnessing the power of community advertising and other marketing strategies.
· Create profitable relationships in multicultural and niche markets worldwide.
· Responsible for all aspects of business including face-to-face and online delivery of services, finance, staffing, marketing, international contacts, etc.
SETON COMPANY, INC. Norristown, PA
Asia Finance Director & Senior Global Finance Manager (Reporting to CFO) (February 2006-September 2007)
· Asia Finance Director, dealing with restructuring the Asia business and financial setup, optimize cash flow, audit & accounting reviews, compliance and regulatory issues, streamlining reporting and maximize tax benefits with the right operation setup.
· Oversee and supervise plant controllers with monthly closing and reporting, re-forecasting and variance analysis, standard costing and inventory analysis. Provide financial direction/support to plant manager/core management team.
· Design and execute cost management initiatives. Determine areas of potential cost reduction, policy changes, or program improvement. Work with manufacturing on creating product manufacturing flows and cost builds in the manufacturing system
· Special Projects, from both the CFO and the President, including, performing analysis of potential acquisitions, due diligence and post audit reviews, new product introductions, plant shut down and/or transfer of production.
· Coordinate with Tax Director to plan, analyze and set the appropriate policies for Transfer pricing for Seton Global Business.
· Responsible for directing the financial activities for worldwide Seton operations. Driving improved working capital performance, focusing on ways to reduce inventory and accounts receivable while balancing the potential adverse impact on EBIT
· Partner with business management to create and implement critical inventory metrics to drive business performance, including inventory turnover, mix, shrinkage, and customer delivery metrics. Responsible for creating and maintaining global inventory standards for all finished goods inventory items for multiple countries and regions
· Work with Consultants in evaluating Seton Global strategic platform and restructure initiatives to increase market share
· Responsible for Global budget consolidation. Manage annual operations budget process with a focus on ensuring that the budget maximizes our production plan against commercial requirements and inventory target levels.
· Interface with department heads of operational areas to analyze performance, including reporting, trending, measurement and development of short/long-term financial plans
· Establish and implement processes for ensuring that the product costs are calculated and updated with inputs from operations and consistent labeling of cost elements across plants
· Maintain the Bid model for Global Seton renewal business to the sales force and reporting gain/loss business to management
· Re-engineer accounting processing and assist with changing business practices to ensure sustained profitability.
· Travel extensively to Costa Rica, China, SA and Europe for staff supervision, financial and business performance reviews
MINERAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC. Easton, PA
Senior Global Finance Manager, Minteq International Division (Reported to VP-Finance) (2005-2006)
· Selected as one of the 26 promising potential Future Leaders of the Company among 4000 employees. Provided support to four VPs simultaneously in accomplishing multiple tasks within a high intensity, deadline driven environment.
· Responsible for global financial consolidation for 5 regions (Asia, Europe, South Africa, Far East, North and Latin America) and 6 different market segments. Performed complex analyses involving multiple entities, manufacturing sites and business units. Key team member in supply-chain strategy evaluation for raw materials sourcing.
· Participated on an acquisition project. Conducted due diligence evaluation and post-audit reviews.
· Provided financial leadership to the entire organization through the development of operational dashboards and key metrics/targets, assist with results interpretation, and actively participate in operational planning
· Directed development of appropriate financial models for operations, acquisitions and growth plans
· Lead monthly meetings with operations/plant management. Developed plans aimed at improving short/long – term plant performance. Identified and corrected operational issues effecting profitability
· Conducted complex analyses to support supply chain decision-making process, including plant shutdown and exit market strategies, make vs. buy globalization efforts, product mix change between plants, and conversion cost
· Participated in the preparation of budgets and Long Range Planning process including the development of assumptions, reporting formats, models, financial projections and marketing strategy evaluation. Consolidated global budgets.
· Performed financial analysis including cash flow, capital expenditure appraisal, customer, geographic and product profitability
analysis. Developed, implemented and monitored a system for comparing key performance indicators to actual results
· Supported the Senior VP and MD in preparing for the quarterly Securities Analysts conference call
· Coordinated the analysis of Minteq International's monthly results and reforecast. Worked on closing with regional controllers to define expectations, establish reporting and analysis requirements and ensure timely compliance with those requirements. Provide analytical support and guidance as necessary
· Responsible for cost analysis and firm wide cost savings initiatives and productivity enhancement.
CHURCH AND DWIGHT, INC. (Arm and Hammer Brand @) Princeton, NJ
Business Analyst, Commercialization & Emerging Business Group (Reported to Business Director) (2004-2005)
· Key member in the Division Stage Gate Product Development Process. Accountability included all vital aspects of the business development process from ideation through post launch assessment
· Launched business plans, pro-forma P&L, project timeline and key commercialization aspects of projects
· Chaired Stage Zero (ideation team) and ensured basket of vibrant and high quality ideas fit within the strategic goal of the organization
· Identified and evaluated strategic partners in line with business opportunities ensuring commercial success (technical, distribution and manufacturing)
· Accountable for the division market research (in house & outsource). Defined scope of the research against intended needs and pursued quality & cost affective research
· Conducted post launch project evaluation to measure against intended plan & validate strategic direction
· Supported existing lines of business with P&L management and reporting functions (budget, forecasting, variance analysis and monthly P&L activity)
· Responsible for financial projections, price-volume mix and cost-to-serve analysis for existing lines of business
AIR PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS COMPANY, INC Allentown, PA (Fortune 500 Company) (2000-2004)
Business Analyst, Chemicals Division ($320 million sales)
· Performed strategic & financial modeling projections, budget consolidation and analysis, competitive analysis and reporting, benchmarking analysis, acquisition analysis and performance reporting
· Quantified operational strategies, identified business risks, opportunities and savings. Collaborated with cross-functional teams to create and implement operating plans and execute business strategies.
· Conduct Monthly reviews with operations and plant management teams to assess ongoing plant financial performance in an effort to find actionable items to improve.
· Prepared monthly commentary and management reporting including forecasting and analysis of variances. Interfaced with the Controller's group on various accounting treatment issues
· Provided assessment of financial implications of business opportunities, investment, and capital project alternatives. Verified information for capital investment applications, capital justifications, vendor negotiations and post audit analysis
Market Analyst, Chemical Process Industries Division ($1.5 billion sales)
· Participated in strategic planning to identify and define product opportunities and defined associated strategies within the chemical and process industries area. Coordinated with cross functional teams to understand market needs and identify ways to fulfill them profitability
· Conducted market research, monitored competitive activity and translated knowledge obtained to new product ideas
· Developed a marketing analysis report that contributed to improved ability to control costs by directing resources to the most beneficial areas
· Supported the Marketing Director in mapping the technologies, skills and capabilities, and revenues of CPI business area to their industries and key sectors. This mapping is being utilized for R &D planning, prioritization and funding decisions
Financial Analyst, General Industries/Metals Tonnage group
· Received performance award recognition from the CEO for contribution to solid company performance in a declining market
· Prepared monthly management reporting package, monitor actual financial performance against plan and KPIs, analyze manufacturing variances and production costs. Supervised plant controllers with cost, manufacturing and inventory analysis
· Filled the position for Plant controller in the absence of one, coordinating all plant accounting and the compilation and analysis of production reports and financial statements
· Conducted financial analysis to evaluate the profitability of capital investments in support of customers in the steer, paper, and glass industries. Completed capital expenditures analyses (NPV, DCF, P&L) for capital improvement projects (up to $2MM) and a new plant ($1 OMM)
· Implemented post- audit reviews of all major capital projects to determine the extent to which projected objectives- financial and non financials are achieved
· Performed all financial and operational analysis for 3 product groups for monthly, quarterly and annual presentations
· Coordinated with operations and plant management team to improve the process for budgeting, forecasting and management reporting to improve efficiency, accuracy, timeliness and level of support for the business
MITCHELL & TITUS, CPA & CONSULTING, Philadelphia, PA
Senior Auditor/Controller, (1994-1998)
· Provided audit, accounting, Financial and tax services for clients ranging from non-profit organizations and small businesses, to government agencies and publicly traded corporations. Worked with the largest five accounting firms on several joint venture projects
· Completed audits, SEC reporting, preparation of financial statements and tax returns, time and cost budgeting, staff supervision and performance evaluation
· Functioned as a Controller for a client in the absence of one, responsibilities included all accounting closing activities, management reporting, and budgeting, forecasting and variance reporting
ARGOSY UNIVERSITY, Chicago, IL
D.B.A. (Concentration in supply chain), expected completion December 2009
DREXEL UNIVERSITY, Philadelphia, PA
M.Sc. (Concentration: Finance), GPA 3.7, June 2000
M.B A. (Dual Concentration: Marketing & Management Information Systems), GPA 3.7, June 1999 B.Sc. (Dual Concentration: Accounting & Finance), GPA 3.8, (Magna cum Laude), June 1994
Certificate of Professional Development, Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania, PA, June 2008
Certificate in Financial Management, American Management Association, NY