MICHAEL E. MAHON
**** ************ ******, ****** *****, New York 11375
DIRECTOR OF TECHNICAL SERVICES | DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Technically sophisticated, highly skilled, and well-experienced IT professional, with a distinguished career in managing technical services operations, including support, acquisition, installation, and maintenance of hardware, software, networks and infrastructure. Effective leader with strong work ethic; capable of handling increasing levels of responsibilities. Extremely effective in leading and motivating teams toward production optimization and business development.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Project Management | Budget Planning and Management | Vendor Management
Disaster Recovery Planning | Hardware and Software Infrastructure | Process Improvement | Virtualization
Analytical and Strategic Thinking | Problem Resolution and Decision-Making
- SAN (DS4500 / DS4800)
- Cisco 6513 Core Switch and 3850 Edge Routers
- Dell and HP Server Farm
- VMWare ESX 5.2
- STORServer Enterprise Backup System
- Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) Client 6.2.2
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Patch Authority Deployment Server
- GFI Events Manager – Security Incident / Event Management System
- Quest Management Suite
- NetWrix Active Directory Change Reporter
- SolarWinds Network Monitoring
- TriZetto Facets – Claims Processing System
- TriZetto Plan Data Management Suite
- FEEA / EDITS (Facilitated Enrollment Application)
- Kronos Time and Attendance System - XenApp 5
- Great Plains and ADP – Financial Management Suites
- McKesson Clinical Care Management System (CCMS)
- McKesson Clinical Resource Management System (CRMS)
- NICE Call Recording
- Medecision – Case Management Suite
- Microsoft SQL (6.5–2008)
- Visual Cactus – Provider Credentialing System
- Market Prominence – Healthplan Process Management Suite
- SunGard MACESS – Workflow Management Suite
- SurfControl / Websense – Web Filtering
- AXWAY / Tumbleweed Secure Messenger
- System Center Configuration Manager
- Numara Track-It! – Helpdesk Ticketing System
- Exchange 2003
- Blackberry Enterprise Server
Health Plus, Amerigroup - Brooklyn, NY 2008–Present
DIRECTOR, Systems and Network Engineering (2011–Present)
Preside over the entire activities of Systems, Telecommunication, Desktop, and Helpdesk groups within information services.
- Significantly improved the quality of NICE telephone recording system.
- Led the implementation of STORServer for enterprise backup and recovery.
- Elevated network service without any additional costs by articulately negotiating the process of AT&T multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) renewal.
SENIOR MANAGER, Systems Group (2008–2011)
Provided expert oversight to the operation of Server, Network, Telecom and DBA/App Support groups within information services. Took charge of the entire corporate data center, including the acquisition, support, installation, and maintenance of all hardware and software as well as the technical infrastructure for all Health Plus locations.
- Singlehandedly designed and implemented disaster recovery functions for information systems.
- Boosted bandwidth and alleviated cost and complexity by restructuring company’s wide area network (WAN).
- Decreased hardware, maintenance, and facilities cost while improving disaster recovery preparedness by instigating server virtualization project.
- Authored and adhered to IT change control procedures, resulting in increased availability of application.
- Identified feasibility of implementing virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solution in the production by negotiating three no-cost VDI POCs.
- Organized and carried out monthly security meetings to guarantee the integrity of production data and systems as well as to enhance the results of annual external IT audits by Deloitte and Touche.
HealthFirst, Inc. - New York, NY 1999–2008
MANAGER, Technical Services
Managed and administered day-to-day IT operations, including long-term planning and strategic direction. Ensured the collection of all required deliverables by working closely with vendors in obtaining and reviewing requests for proposal (RFPs) and statements of work (SOWs).
- Established a reputation for earning promotions from network administrator to Supervisor of the Network and Server Group, and then to Technical Services Manager.
- Created comprehensive organizational policies and procedures for the acquisition of hardware and software.
- Spearheaded disaster recovery functions for information systems, including the successful restoration of production systems during 9/11 and the blackout.
- Ensured competitive pricing by maintaining close relationships with vendors and by monitoring the IT budget process.
- Directed Microsoft Enterprise Agreement (EA) for software licensing and Essential Support agreement.
- Adeptly handled the restriction of unauthorized use of data systems and databases by organizing and supervising security measures.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge and experience in managing the installation and maintenance of local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and storage area network (SAN) of the organization.
Tailored Technologies - New York, NY 1997–1999
Held full accountability for all phases of network installation and support in various hardware and software environments. Rendered end-user support for several network applications, including ARCserveIT and InoculateIT for Novell and NT, GroupWise 5.2/5.5, and Exchange 5.5. Provided significant assistance with a variety of OS platforms, which included Win9x, Win2000, NT workstation, Win3.x, and DOS.
- Gained extensive knowledge of Novell NetWare (3.x and 4.x), Windows NT (3.51 and 4.0) server installation, maintenance, administration, and support.
QMS Incorporated - New York, NY
BRANCH SERVICE MANAGER
- Demonstrated proven track record of success in handling increasing levels of responsibilities from field service technician to systems engineer, and to branch service manager.
Coursework in Civil Engineering - Cooper Union, New York, NY
Leadership Development Program
Certified Novell Engineer (CNE) Novell 4.1
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Windows 2000
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
CompTIA A+ | Network+