Joseph L Matozzo
Senior Strategy and Business Development Analyst
Senior Executive Management
I am a 28 year seasoned Senior Executive Management with hands-on expertise in analyzing, implementing and improving corporate operations, manufacturing operations and operating systems. I am a Senior Executive that deliveries corporate goals & profitable realities. A career that has progressed from shop floor day to day management to board level executive management, bottom line focus as a big picture visionary.
Areas of Expertise
Team Building and Leadership Management
Lean Six Sigma Best Practices-Continuous Improvement
Multi-Million Dollar P & L Management
Product Rollout & Management-PLM
Supply Chain Management-Logistics Analysis- Inventory Management
GAP Analysis- SWAT Analysis
Systems Planning- KPI’s, BPR, BIS, CRM
ERP/MRP- Agile, SAP, Oracle, Crystal, OHM, PF7
Facility & Process Engineering
E- Commerce Development
Tailor, Custom Tailor Clothier, Clothing Designer
DOD/DLA- Government Contracts
Fabric Processing- Spinning, Warp Prep or Weaving, Finishing or Knitting, Washing or Dying
Multi-Lingual- Fluent in English, Italian and Spanish
Spearheaded the successful operations restructuring and systems re-engineering for a 75 year old clothing manufacturing company supporting sales to existing accounts; allowing the opening of new markets/accounts [400 national retailers (2700 locations)] producing custom tailored clothing with delivery in 10 days. Drove growth, winning market share and improving gross margins. Bottom line Revenue growth $35M plus annually, 28% profit margins.(545 employees)
Hands-on manufacturing executive that refocused and restructured- 89 retail locations, 48 franchise locations, 3 manufacturing facilities (1500 employees)- manufacturing custom designed and custom made clothing direct to consumers. Bottom line Revenue growth $66M. Brought organization out of receivership- sale of organization to regain ROI.
Salvaged a DOD contractor by creating high-level operational initiatives that fostered infrastructure design, cross-functional team based management, process reengineering, and business/product integration for standalone subsidiaries, divisions and strategic business unit. Secured $28M annually in contracts, RTI $9.8M, Sold BU for $6M with 5 year 10% annual residual income on contracts.(864 employees)
Operations Director for several large vertical manufacturing operations (from 250 – 2700 employees) - full supply chain management, logistics and distribution. Countries include- Italy, Spain, Germany, France, China, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, India, Caribbean, South America, North America and Central America.
Held full P & L accountability for multimillion dollar enterprises…meeting financial objectives in both expenses and productivity…managing team activities, product and market direction.
Matozzo Industries Inc. dba/Joseph Matozzo Consulting, Medina Ohio 2007 to Present
Apparel/Textile Industry Business Strategist, Manufacturing/Retail Consultant, Business Development,
New Product to Market, Sales Analysis, Operation Analysis, Systems Analyst
VyMac Corporation, Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin 5/2011 – 7/2012
- Home furnishings, Mattress assembly, production, and fabric quilting. OEM, Sub-Contractor, Franchisor
Initially hired as Consultant for ERP/MRP systems analysis, manufacturing operations restructuring
and improvements; six month engagement 5/2011 thru 11/2011
Became Acting COO 9/2011 thru 7/2012; maintained full P&L responsibility ($15M)
Mysto Incorporated, Princeton, New Jersey 12/2010 - 4/2011
-Development of clothing line- knits, fleece, polo’s, jerseys, T’s, denim
Business Development for new product line, sourcing, e-commerce development (Project Engagement)
Freelance Sourcing/Product Development, California 5/2010 - 11/2010
Forever 21, XX21, Quiksilver, Roxy, DC Shoes, Charlotte Russe, Ambiance Apparel, Hot Topic
Apparel Production Services, Los Angeles, California 3/2010 - 4/2010
-Athletic apparel production; vertical operation- spinning, weaving, knitting, finishing -knits, spandex, ploy fibers
Consulting Services for start-up manufacturing operations in El Salvador
Michaels La Veranda Restaurant, Philadelphia, Pa 12/2009 - 3/2010
Interim General Manager- assisted family business during critical moment
Inno Knits, Philadelphia, Pa 10/2008 – 5/2009
- Vertical manufacturing for knits, fleece, polo’s, jerseys, denim-
o Spinning, wrap prep, weaving, finishing, washes for all denim products- assemble finished items
o Spinning, weaving, knitting all knit products (woven and non-woven)- assemble finished items
o Laser Imaging
Acting Vice President/Business Development for Pakistani organization looking to increase market presence
In the USA. Adding new business growth of $6.8 M to bottom line revenue
- Product Development
- Market Development
- Supply Chain Logistics
- New Business Development- Forever 21, XX21, Quiksilver, Roxy, DC Shoes, Charlotte Russe, GAP,
True Religion Brand Jeans, US Polo, Ambiance Apparel, Juicy Couture, JC Penny, Big M Inc,
Sean John, Hebe License, Hot Topic, Papaya, Billabong, Express, Trinity
Freelance Sourcing/Manufacturing/Product Development, Tri-State area 6/2007 – 9/2008
Custom Tailoring and Tailor’s, Small High Fashion Retailers & Design Houses
Hartz & Co, Hartz America Q2, Inc. Frederick, Maryland 7/2002- 5/2005
Consultant/General Manager – Men’s and Women’s clothing manufacturer
- Primary driving force behind the startup and growth of Hartz America Q2 program producing single
Unit- high quality, made custom, clothing direct to consumers. Developed a team to manage all aspects
of operation, strategic planning, market position, product management, launch strategy, packaging, pricing,
target, build rate forecast, advertising, sales/training, and direct/indirect channel support. Competitive
market positioning with growth strategies.
- Captured immediate customer-perceived value enabling sale-on-value vs. pricing by creating an
actionable service delivery model – order receipt to product delivery within 7-10 day window.
- Led HQ2 startup operation with a $6 million capital budget, 3 year setup time, 5 year revenue projection
of $20million and a 14% margin. Successfully completed turnkey operations in 1.5 years, capital investment
of only $3.4 million, operating revenues of $35 million annually with an 28% profit margin.
- Developed 5 year strategic business model; maintained full P & L responsibility($75M)
CAZADOR Apparel, LLC, Anchorage, AL 11/2005 to 7/2007
Vice President/Director of Business Development- DOD/DLA textile and apparel manufacturer, P&L Responsibility $50M
• Was recruited after initial startup failure of a government contractor manufacturing facility. Became the primary
driving force behind the turnaround and growth of this company, managing all aspects of internal operations
from new manufacturing processes, sales and marketing, IT, financial planning, operating and capital budgeting,
customer relations, contract administrator to providing technical and managerial oversight.
• Approached by BOD & Stockholders to foster an exit strategy; providing corporate strategy, product commercialization,
Strategic/tactical marketing- brings revitalization to operations and foster sale of organization.
• Obtained $ 28 million in contract with a base year and 5 option years, at greater or equal value.
• Developed revenue pipeline of $37 million annually, executed contracts.
• Reduced burn-rate by 65%, increasing margins by 28%
• Return on capital investment to shareholders of 100 % or $9.8 million
• Sold company for $6 M assumption of debt/liability & 10% revenue steam on all contracts
The Custom Shop, Houston, Texas 6/2000-3/2001
Two manufacturing Facilities- New Jersey, Ohio, P&L Responsibility $92M
89 National Retail Locations throughout the USA- Producing and selling textile and apparel products
Vice President of Manufacturing/Business Development
• Recruited by Bankruptcy Trustee to analyze implement and foster the turnaround efforts out of bankruptcy.
• Selected planned and executed mission-critical business initiatives, drove corporate growth, improved operational
Performance - enhanced profitability.
• Day-to-day company leader, managing P & L, and directing entire operations - sales, customer service, design
• Streamlined retail locations by selling off underperforming locations and consolidating others; generated additional
$37 million in operating revenues.
• Reduced operational costs by 250%,
• Restructured sales force to regain customer confidence and 100% repeat business
• Developed ecommerce marketing campaign
• Additional revenue base of $66 M to current sales volume
• Realized 33% profit margin
Bayer Clothing Group, Clearfield, Pa 3/1997-6/2000
General Manager/Plant Manager-Modular Manufacturing- clothing manufacturer, P&L Responsibility $25M
Brought in by the Owner to make the impossible, possible…Overcome complex business challenges…
Salvage and strengthen relationships…Rescue bottlenecked, behind scheduled, financially off-track projects…
Lead exceptional teams to achieve exceptional results.
Matozzo Industries Incorporated, Cherry Hill New Jersey 9/1983-12/1996
Owned and operated several subsidiaries – domestic and internationally
Vero Uomo Fashions- manufacturing of Men’s and Women’s tailored garments
• Design and development of fabrics- denim, knits, woven’s and non-woven’s; spinning, weaving, knitting, finishing
• Development – spinning, weaving, finishing of inter-lining products
• Development- spinning, weaving, finishing Camel hair and Harris Tweed products
• Grew sales from $0 to $1.4m year one, $4.5m year two and over $25m/year over the next 11 years.
Jessup Corporation- Manufacturing of Industrial computerized robotic equipment for the apparel industry
• Over six years grew business in 25 countries, including US
• Grew sales to $43million, leading industry for 3 years
Pincus Brothers Maxwell - Philadelphia, Pa.
All under the direction of Mr. Nat Pincus, Pietro Matozzo
Apprentice- Beginning 1976 thru high school
Internship as Assistant Plant Manager- 1980-84-while attending college
Education-B.S, Accounting/Finance/Economics, LaSalle University-Philadelphia, Pa. 1984