DONALD R. NOEL
Carmel, IN 46032
Production Supervisor with proven success leading teams to produce components, subassemblies and finished products in low and high technology manufacturing systems. Extensive experience in precision machining, assembly and material logistics in automotive, medium volume and job shop environments. Creative problem solver with excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills adept at team building and transferring job knowledge to all levels and business units. Consistent track record of achieving production objectives by mobilizing cross-functional resources and providing technical support to implement quality improvements and cost reductions.
Indianapolis, IN 2011 – 2012
Supervisor, Blow Molding Production
FORD MOTOR CO / VISTEON CORP / AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENTS HLDNG
Indianapolis, IN 1994 – 2010
Supervisor, Production ( Rack and Pinion Gear, CIII Pump and P / R Column )
Directed 40 union employees in machining, assembly and testing of rack & pinion steering gears, power steering pumps and passenger restraint steering column assemblies in high volume, lean manufacturing production environment.
• Facilitated production from housing and rack machining departments, CIII pump machining, assembly and test departments, 6 rack & pinion gear assembly lines and manufacturing cells and P / R column assembly and consistently achieved aggressive production goals.
• Coached rack and pinion housings, racks, and CIII pump machining teams to improve daily compliance with Industrial Engineering standards; significantly reduced machining scrap by reworking housings and racks.
• Safe launched S197 Mustang gear and led assembly team to achieve line run-at-rate.
• Increased First Time Through build quality on PN150 Explorer / Ranger assembly line from 88% to 95%.
• Improved Build to Schedule on EN / FN Crown Vic assembly line from 85% to 98% which reduced expedited shipments and emergency scheduled overtime.
• Improved accuracy of CIII pump components work in process inventory by conducting daily production audits resulting in 8% increase in assembly department up time.
• Initiated improvement plan to extend life of cam rotor slot grinding wheels resulting in $100m per year cost savings.
• Coordinated team efforts to pass internal and Vehicle Certification Agency quality audits without any major non-conformances and Safety and Housekeeping audits resulting in zero loss time injuries.
DONALD R. NOEL PAGE TWO
PEERLESS PUMP COMPANY, Indianapolis, IN
Supervisor, Assembly and Mount
Directed 15 union employees in assembly and mounting of centrifugal, horizontal split case, and vertical turbine pumps and package unit assemblies in job shop environment.
• Increased on-time shipments from 72% to 85% by prioritizing production schedule based on component parts lead times and finished assemblies due dates.
• Integrated vertical pump manufacturing operation from Monticello, CA into Indianapolis, IN facility without loss of production or end date schedule slippage.
TOKHEIM CORPORATION, Fort Wayne, IN
General Foreman, Machine Shop
Managed 150 hourly and 6 supervisors across 3 shifts performing conventional, NC and CNC machining to manufacture petroleum dispensing equipment in SPC driven quality environment.
• Reduced scrap and rework costs from 7.5% to 4.5%.
• Recruited, interviewed and hired 25 new employees when Newbern, TN plant was consolidated into Ft. Wayne, IN facility.
Supervisor, Material Storage and Movement
Directed 30 union employees on 2 shifts in Just In Time and MRP II environment in Shipping, Receiving and Stores functions.
• Coordinated daily truck load and LTL shipments; reduced freight hauling costs 10% by negotiating with major carrier and identifying more efficient distribution channel.
• Installed inventory cycle counting procedure; improved inventory accuracy from 78% to 92%.
BS, Business Administration, Indiana Institute of Technology, Fort Wayne, IN
AAS, Industrial Engineering Technology, Purdue University, Westville, IN
MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Kronos