NICOLE VALENCIC 415-***-****
SENIOR MARKETING PROFESSIONAL
High Tech, Software - Database/ Applications/ Middleware/ SOA/ Virtualization/ Cloud –Private & Public
• Senior Marketing Executive with over 20 years experience creating and executing demand generation programs and marketing plans with strong problem solving and communication skills.
• Exceptional track record of success in B2B solutions and programs, building and leading cross-functional marketing teams that combine creativity and strategy and tactical initiatives to drive global market penetration, and delivering strong program and revenue results in competitive US and International markets.
Other principal skills include:
• Integrated Marketing Management
• Market & Brand Research Skills
• Field Marketing Support
• Messaging Development
• Executive Marketing Specialty – CIO, CTO, CFO
• Creative Idea Generation
• Team Leadership
• Leading Corporate Sponsorship & Event Programs
• Product Launches
Riverbed Technology – Global Leader in WAN Optimization, Cloud (Private/Public) Performance, Network Performance Mgt, Application Acceleration 2010 – March 2012
Director, Global Integrated Marketing Campaigns
• Drove the marketing strategy to determine the appropriate messaging, audience and demand creation mix, to grow the pipeline for Riverbed’s core solutions – Hybrid Cloud, Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity and Consolidation.
• Led cross functional marketing teams and resources to design, develop and execute integrated global campaigns to include online micro-sites, emails, direct mail, customer testimonials, events, podcasts, webinars, PR, social media strategies and channel and field initiatives to drive leads. Campaigns included “Your Cloud” – focused on the Riverbed WAN optimization & cloud products and “Disaster Recovery’s Speedway & Business Uninterupted” - focused on optimizing Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity. These campaigns exceeded response targets by over 25% as well as delivered a CPR that was 30% less than the company average.
• Created a 3 tier product launch process and defined roles, scope and timeframes needed for each launch tier. Provided strategic direction & leadership on the RIOS 6.5, 7.0 software launches and Steelhead EX,CX product series launches.
• Led the development of channel and sales communication and enablement assets focused on key marketing messages.
VMware – Global Leader in Virtualization Software, Cloud Computing 2008 - 2010
Senior Marketing Executive, Global Campaigns, Executive Marketing
• Drove the marketing strategy to determine the appropriate messaging, audience and demand creation mix, to grow the pipeline for VMware’s VCenter Product Family, vSphere Platform and Cloud Eco-System.
• Led cross functional marketing teams and resources to design, develop and execute integrated global campaigns strategy to include online micro-sites, emails, direct mail, events, podcasts, webinars, and social media strategies to drive leads. Campaigns included “Be A Master” – focused on the VMware management products and “Your Issues will Disappear” focused on virtualizing applications. Also provided input & leadership on the “vSphere 4 and 4.1” product launches and the Public Cloud campaigns.
• Provided leadership and developed strong working relationships with Field Marketing, Corporate Marketing, AR/PR and other marketing teams to facilitate successful global product and campaign launches.
• Managed the measurement and analysis of campaign results through message testing (paid search), site analysis, cost per lead, and ROI to provide recommendations and implement changes for improvement. This improved campaign results by 30%
• Led the development of an integrated campaign plan, messaging and sales tools targeting c-level executives focusing on the business value of virtualization
NICOLE VALENCIC (Page 2-415-***-****
BEA Systems – Leader in SOA and Middleware Software 2004 -2007
Director, Global SOA Program Marketing, Executive Forums
• Spearheaded and Led the creation and execution of BEA’s SOA marketing programs (this was the prime strategic message for the company) as well as AquaLogic (product) related marketing programs across IT Management, Architect and C-level audiences. This involved direct marketing (email and 3D direct mail), online marketing, internal and external events, partner marketing sponsorships, field marketing support and sales training and support – such as the development of the SOA Assessment Tool (an online engagement tool) as well as supporting sales kits and sales communications. These programs exceeded response projections by up to 200% .
• Led the creation of an integrated CIO Marketing Plan and strategy for BEA that included events, direct marketing (including online), sponsorships, sales training and “executive to executive” meetings.
• Created and Managed the biggest marketing sponsorship that BEA has ever undertaken with InfoWorld/ IDG. This involved 3 market research projects, 8 national events as well as an 8 month integrated marketing program that incorporated both online (podcasts, webinars, emails) and offline components. It involved working cross functionally across field marketing, product marketing and sales.
Oracle Corporation – Global Leader in Database, Applications, Middleware and Cloud 1998 - 2004
Principal Marketing Manager,Programs Marketing, Executive Marketing
• Lead the strategic planning, development and execution of a global Corporate Governance program targeting C-Level Executives. This was one of the most comprehensive and coordinated programs that executed in Oracle marketing in 2003-4. The program included: online direct mail (email, newsletters and banners) as well as 3D direct mail that offered a GPS device for fulfillment, 3 executive events that were sponsored by NASDAQ, 3 executive webcasts with Forbes, Economist and Harvard Business School, key external Corporate Governance events run by the Directorship Group and Wall Street Journal sponsorships - all leveraging the same “navigation” creative branding elements. Supporting these external tactics - an extensive sales training and sales communication program was developed. Some of the results include - exceeding the online direct mail response projections by 64% and reducing the total costs per lead for the campaign by 35% (from projections).
• Managed the development and execution of all global C-level Direct Marketing Programs, Events, and Sponsorships at Oracle Corporation including supporting the Oracle Open World and Apps World Events Team, from a content and customer management perspective. Key responsibilities included developing plans for C-Level Direct Mail programs that increased awareness and generated interest in Oracle products as well as generating leads for the sales organization. This required working very closely with “Field Marketing, Sales, Product Marketing, Consulting Marketing, Direct Marketing, Creative Services, Events, Customer References, Public Relations, Analyst Relations” in the creation of C-Level programs and events.
• Created and Managed a global sponsorship program with the Economist group that included industry events, research, white papers and website sponsorship. This remains one of Oracle’s largest and most effective sponsorship programs.
Marketing Consulting – Prudential, Bankers Trust, Citibank 1997 - 1998
• Created integrated marketing programs for Prudential and Bankers Trust, including the development of direct mail campaigns, marketing collateral and product brochures.
• Developed new Sales Materials for Citibank Home Loans. Analyzed current sales material, researched user requirements, briefed the advertising agency to develop new concepts and monitored the development and production of the new material resulting in 10% increase in sales.
Frank Russell Company – Leader in 401K Pension Fund Mgt, Financial Analytics, Indexes 1995 - 1997
• Established a profile for Frank Russell Company in the Asia/Pacific region. Analyzed Frank Russell’s current awareness in the market, developed a network of media and industry contacts, developed and executed a media strategy (developed a press kit and press list), marketing materials (newsletters, emails, service and product overviews), an event strategy (trade shows and key industry events) and monitored the results of Frank Russell’s marketing strategy. Results include over 150 interviews/articles in key media and industry publications, a TV interview on one of the most prestigious business programs and a 50% increase in requests for proposals.
• Managed the Marketing and PR of the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) /Frank Russell Style Indexes launch in Australia. Developed all the marketing brochures and PR materials, managed and trained the media and coordinated and developed launch events with the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX). This resulted in 90% awareness amongst media and key industry executives of the Indexes launch and the establishment of the Indexes as an important market indicator.
NICOLE VALENCIC (Page 3-415-***-****
Westpac Banking Corporation – Australia’s largest private bank 1989 - 1995
Marketing Executive, Snr Marketing Manager, Marketing Manager,
• Developed a new marketing & merchandising system for Westpac Banking Corporation. Analyzed the current merchandising system, ascertained requirements, researched and developed new marketing options and monitored the implementation of the new merchandising hardware and marketing materials. This resulted in an increase in sales of 20 % in the new merchandised sites.
• Developed a new Staff Training program at Westpac Banking Corporation to promote the “My Bank” brand marketing strategy and merchandising system. Researched training options, developed and presented the training material and monitored the results of the initial training session through follow up calls and material. The training contributed to an 80% increase in understanding of the new marketing strategy and a 10% increase in sales.
MA Commerce (MBA) with Credit, Marketing, NSW University, Sydney, Australia
BA, Marketing with Credit, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia.
Further Studies - Software Product Marketing, Marketing Communications UC Berkeley Extension, Industry events – such as Marketing Sherpa Conferences, InfoWorld SOA Executive Forums, Gartner events