Karyn R. Paige
Medical Technologist with 20 years experience in the healthcare industry and laboratory sciences. Qualified for positions where the proven ability to function well in a high pressure environment, consistently meet deadlines, and use strong analytical skills to solve problems will be of value. Especially adept at and recognized for advanced organizational skills and delivering outstanding customer service. Demonstrated capabilities in developing procedures to streamline processes for improved efficiency. Performed a supervisory role in a teaching hospital and successfully managed the set-up and operations of satellite labs.
Teaching and Training Strong Interpersonal Skills
Self- Motivated and Lifelong Learner Excellent Work Ethic
Collaboration and Teamwork Good Oral & Written Communicator
Knowledge of Medical Terminology Multi-tasking and Troubleshooting
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST 1, Yale New Haven Hospital 10/06- 4/11
Blood Bank and Immunology
• Experienced in all aspects of blood banking including: proper specimen processing, component preparation, and testing.
• Immunology- proficient on instrumentation and manual Enzymatic testing.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot instrument malfunctions.
• Managed a high volume of tests and consistently met all time deadlines by planning and prioritizing workloads in the most efficient way.
• Interacted with and supported doctors and other hospital personnel concerning questions and problem resolutions. Recognized for outstanding internal and external customer service.
• Helped to design a streamlined reagent inventory and ordering worksheet, resulting in less waste, reduced inventory, and reduced operating costs.
• Volunteered to work all Sunday shifts for over a year, resulting in fewer staffing issues and reduced costs for the department
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST, Labcorp Dianon 6/05-10/06
Flow Cytometry Bench Technician
• Worked collaboratively to set-up antibody panels in combinations to specifically target pathologies.
• Utilized multi-color flow cytometry for a quick turnaround time with high volume work loads to best serve the needs of the cancer patients.
Karyn Paige, Page Two
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST, St. Vincent’s Med Ctr. 9/04- 6/05
Automated Chemistry Bench Technician
• Analyzed and interpreted results via state-of-the-art automated instrumentation.
• Interpreted IRIS urinalysis and microscopy.
• Expedited manual POC testing.
• Demonstrated strong phlebotomy skills on all patient populations.
LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST, ProHealth Laboratories 9/02- 8/04
Generalist, Core Laboratory
• Experienced in Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, and Automated Chemistry
• Cultured Microbiology specimens, read plates and drug susceptibility tests.
PHLEBOTOMIST/LAB TECHNOLOGIST, St. Francis Hospital 5/00- 9/02
• Implemented the set-up and managed the operations of satellite labs.
• Recognized for superior organizational skills and customer service skills.
PHLEBOTOMY SUPERVISOR, New Britain General Hospital 1/99- 10/99
• Accountable for all operations related to 7 satellites, 2 in-house departments and supervision of 33 employees.
• Responsible for establishment of policies, documentation of issues, training of procedures, interviewing potential hires, and internal/external customer service.
SCIENCE TEACHER, Eli Whitney & Dunbar Elementary 9/97- 12/98
• Developed lessons and tests utilizing student centered, inquiry based, interactive curriculum. Wrote student evaluations and conducted parent conferences.
• Managed over 100 students in a classroom setting.
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST, Hartford/Waterbury Hospitals
Special Chemistry, Generalist 5/93 – 8/97
• Performed testing of therapeutic drugs and drugs of abuse, LS ratios, Lithium testing on flame photometer.
• Demonstrated excellent skills as a Generalist in Hematology, Chemistry, Urinalysis, and Phlebotomy.
• Recognized for strong communication skills with all levels of hospital personnel, and patients.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATION
Bachelor of Science, University of Connecticut; Magna cum Laude
Associate of Arts, Performing Arts, Roger Williams College
Certification (ARC), Elementary Education, Wesleyan University
Associate of Science, Medical Laboratory Technician, Manchester College/Hartford Hospital
Medical Transcription, M-Tech, 2005, In-depth medical transcription
MLT-ASCP, 1993, License # 109288
1999 Honoree International Who’s Who of Professional Business Women
Volunteer Recognition – American Cancer Society’s Look Good, Feel Better Program.