Emma Jiang, GSP
EDUCATION: MS in Occupational Safety and Health (ASAC/ABET accredited)
Murray State University, 2011
BS in Polymer Material Engineering / Occupational Safety and Health
Ludong University/ Murray State University, 2009
Cooperates Safety Specialist August 2011 till date
Alliant Energy Corporation Cedar Rapids, IA
General Safety Responsibilities
• Develops and maintains company safety standards, policies, program, and procedures in compliance with OSHA regulations.
• Travels from site to site to do facility safety audits, discover existing and potential hazard and the actions needed to render these hazards harmless.
• Performs or assists with facilities’ accident investigations as needed. Design, develop and insures that processes take necessary corrective action to prevent future incidents.
• Responsible for OSHA Recordkeeping, safety performance trending and reporting.
• Conduct safety initial and refresher training, new hire safety orientation, etc.
• Industrial Hygiene related sampling and testing, including Respirator fit test, Welding or lab hood Ventilation test, Standard Threshold Shift Reviews (Hearing Conservation Program), EAR-fit test, Indoor air sampling, etc.. Sampling and testing for 8 power plants of generation facilities in Iowa and 20+ energy delivery facilities in IA, MN, and WI.
• Ergonomic training and support for generation facilities and corporate offices. Take still and video images of employees as they perform their work activities to analyze their work posture, repetitive motion, and work environment in order to provide recommendations for improvement and injury prevention.
• 5-why incident investigation update and training
• Safety Communications & Weekly Safety Packet
• OSHA 10hrs and 30hrs training program implement and conducting
• LOTO program update, refresh training, Confined Space Audit, Permit, rescue training.
• Hazard Communication Program Update, Global Harmonized System Standard Update
Safety Consultant 2010-2011
Xin Xin Xin Iron Co. La Puente, CA
• Conducted jobsite safety inspection/operations.
• Coordinates and conducts work area assessment, surveys, and program evaluations to determine the presence of hazardous conditions, such as noise exposure, chemical exposure, indoor air quality, light levels, confined space, and ventilation in paint booths
• Training employee on the companies safety policies and procedures as well as any government required regulations.
• Develop, maintain, and implement procedures & policies to compliance with state, federal government, and company’s programs and regulations related to safety & health.
Student Manager 2008 - 2011
Murray State University Dining and Racer Hospitality Services Murray, KY
• Provide daily peer supervision to 20+ student staff, Enforces daily safety practices
• Develop and Conduct new employee orientation and safety training to student employees
• Maintains current and archived MSDS
• Serves a Safety Committee Chair. Ensure monthly safety meetings are conducted and recommendations are acted upon as appropriate
Chemical Safety Specialist 2005 - 2008
Yantai Wanhua Polyurethanes Co., Ltd., Yantai, China
• Performs annual safety audit
• Reviews all laboratory safety policies and creates or modifies policies and procedures as necessary
• Prepares reports and other documentation that are required by regulatory agencies and are utilized to support the Safety Program
• Maintains records of exposures, medical examination follow up and employee return to work requirements
• Coordinates, tornado drill, fire drills of lab staff throughout the year
• Develops an annual safety competency for each lab employee
• Represents the laboratory at the facility’s safety committee
• Serves as the Chemical Hygiene Officer
• Oversees annual chemical inventory and obtains MSDS as needed
KEY SKILLS & CERTIFICATES:
• GSP Graduate Safety Practitioner Certificate(Equalize to ASP)
• OSHA 501 & 511 General Industry Safety & Health Instructor Certificate
• OSHA 511 Standards for General Industry
• OSHA 30-hour General Industry Safety &Health Training Certificate
• OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety &Health Training Certificate
• CPR, First Aid, AED, Blood borne Pathogens Certificates
• AHERA Asbestos Abatement Contractor/Supervisor training certificate
• DOT 24-hr Hazmat Training Certificate, 8-hr Hazmat Refresher training certificate
• Incident Command System (ICS-100) Certificate
• LOTO, Hazard Communication, Behavior Based Safety, Confined Space Training
• Industrial Hygiene Testing and Sampling
• English, Chinese
• Microsoft Office Proficient
• ZUMBA Instructor License
AWARDS & HONORS:
• ASSE Murray State University Student Chapter Vice Presidents
• ASSE, MSU Student Chapter Scholarship 2010-2011
• Kentucky Safety and Health Network Foundation (KSHNF) Scholarship 2010
• ASSE Middle Tennessee Chapter Scholarship 2010
• Murray State University Miss. China 2010
• Best City Radio Jockey of 2006&2007