Dynamic professional with around 15 years experience in financial services & IT industries spanning Testing, Business Analysis, Project Management, Technical Writing and Pre-Sales & Sales.
Experience spanning the entire project life cycle which includes responding to RFI / RFP’s, contract negotiation, onboarding of resources, project execution and meeting the deliverables
Extensive experience in managing testing delivery, which includes UAT, QA, Automation Testing (Load Testing, Regression Testing), Data Migration Testing etc & overseeing metrics data collection and calculation
Extremely skilled in managing SDLC process, development & implementation of multiple big size global projects
Exceptional communicator with multi tasking ability, strong Leadership skills, with a track record of motivating and developing team leaders and team players.
Core professional competencies include:
Engagement Management & Account Penetration
Project Planning & Execution
Global Team Player Automation & Manual Testing
Excellent Communication & People Skills
Executive / C-Level Presentation & Negotiations
PROFESSIONAL CAREER & KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
Oracle Financial Software Services Inc., (OFSS, USA) Feb 2006 – Present
(World’s leading provider of Financial Software)
Client: Citigroup, NY - Private Banking
Global UAT Manager (Sep 2010 – Present)
• Responsible for managing and driving the UAT testing of Citi Private Bank’s key applications
• Strategic Business Development and Engagement Management
• Support Sales & Delivery teams on all pre-sales, sales activities & support solution team in providing Testing solutions for proposals and effort estimates for the same
• Responsible for overseeing Project planning, effort estimation; supervise weekly metrics reporting to client senior management, manage resource utilization and quality of project deliverables to client executives.
• Review, evaluate, update and maintain existing testing standards, formats & templates, processes and procedures
• Streamline and enhance the testing process & procedures to ensure Test Estimates, Test strategy, Test plan, Test execution, and reporting are effective, efficient and standardized.
• Manage day-to-day interaction with client executives and sponsors. Conduct competitive analysis to identify our current positioning and future opportunities for growth.
• Ensure Defect Management and tracking through to completion
• Built relationships with client stakeholders and leveraged the same to sole-source proactive opportunities
• Achieved business targets in terms of revenue, profitability and client satisfaction on the engagements
QA Manager (Sep 2008 – Aug 2010)
• Responsible for Client delivery assurance and driving the delivery process by working collaboratively with the delivery managers in the business unit.
• Developed Testing Strategies; designed and executed test plans; performed Manual as well as Automated Testing, and responsible for publishing test results, creation and delivery of concise metrics, release notes and ensuring the resolution of defects.
• Signed-off on test strategy, test development, and test results prior to implementation into UAT / Production
• Responsible for resource planning, effort estimation, identifying issues and risks, overseeing the design and introduction of tools, formulating processes and best practices across testing life cycle to optimize results, communication and delivery timeline
• Accountable for the quality, schedule, scope and effort of all the deliveries
• Responsible for performance management of the team- hire and retain best talent, provide technical leadership & guidance for career/succession planning, keeping the attrition rate of the team to the minimum.
• Successfully built & sustained client relationships & leveraged them as a source of competitive differentiation to close existing business opportunities & create new ones
• Maintained a 97% defect tracking benchmark for IST over multiple releases and across applications.
• No production issues seen after release roll outs, which is highly commended by the client management.
• Operated under a Global Delivery Model to mobilize right-skilled team to deliver engagements successfully
Client: Citigroup, NY – Consumer Banking (Apr 2008 – Sep 2008)
Business Project Manager
• Executed full project development life cycle from initiation through post-implementation and/or project closure for multiple projects
• Lead cross-functional project teams & conducted JAD sessions with vendors and the business SME’s to develop both high-level and detailed application documents to meet the business needs which includes the creation of Activity Diagrams, Functional Specifications using Visio & finalizing time and cost estimates
• Ensured accurate budget projections, risk and issue identification, project change control, tracking & reporting to Senior management
Client: Citigroup, NY – Retail Banking (Feb 2006 – Mar 2008)
Senior QA Lead
• Designed, scripted & executed performance tests for Citibank Online Portal using Load Runner technology for load, volume, performance & fail-over testing & analysis of test results
• Designed & rolled out test-reporting standards based on best practices.
• Published QA timelines with milestones based on the test plan
• Identified & analyzed defects, issues, risks, action items, statistics of key metrics captured during testing
• Signed-off on test strategy, test development, & test results prior to implementation into production.
• Managed a team of QA specialists & mentored junior members, providing technical advice & direction
Oracle Financial Software Services Ltd., India June 2004 – Feb 2006
(World’s leading provider of Financial Software)
Sales Enablement / Project Management
• As part of the presales team, have worked on end-to-end proposal development that included technical solution, estimation and pricing for various international clients like Barclays Bank, Credit Suisse First Boston etc.
• Also developed collaterals for pre-sales activities, business proposals for demonstration to various clients
• Acted as a liaison between business units, technology teams & support teams
• Assessed project & business risk, developed mitigation strategies
• Designed & Rolled-Out project implementation metrics / dashboard to serve as MIS; estimation of test effort & coordination of test schedule with overall Project plan.
• Reviewed test Cases & test Scripts, performed manual testing & provided support to the client team during the UAT phase
VAMAN Technologies Ltd., Mumbai, India Oct 1999 – May 2004
(A startup software company specializing in new competitive RDBMS software)
Senior Software Engineer
• One of the core team members of the start-up company “Vaman”. Involved in the day-to-day management activities, Pre-sales Support, presentation & people management.
• RFI/RFP Responses, product presentations & demonstrations, proof of concept Initiatives
• Conducted Fit-Gap analysis, developed end-to-end proposals including technical solution, pricing estimation for various international clients
• Attended tradeshows & exhibitions to create market for product launch.
• Conducted data migration testing of applications for full functional equivalence. Also performed functional, load & Concurrent users testing
• Developed product documentation -user manuals, installation guides & programmer's guide and Classic Windows Help to the database
• Core member of the application design team responsible for developing the GUI
• Created installation scripts & packages using Wise Installer for Windows for application packaging
X-PERT COMPUTER CONSULTANTS, Mumbai, India Feb 1997 – Sep 1999
(Subsidiary of HiMedia Laboratories)
• Designed & developed a database on Quality System Requirements for HiMedia Laboratories who were in the process of procuring an ISO 9000 certification.
• Involved in the development & manual testing of the financial accounting software.
• Boston’s Institute, India 1999
Oracle Intensive Database Management & Developer 2000
• National Institute of Information Technology, India 1998
Honors Diploma in Network Centered Computing (HNC)
• University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India BBA 1996
Major: Business Management & Economics
Awards & Certifications
• “I-Appreciate” Spot award 2007 for outstanding performance on the CitiBank Online Project.
• Certifications in Equity Finance & Debt Finance Modules of Citicorp Finance Professional Program, Asia
Pacific Banking Institute, Singapore with 96%.
• Certification in Finance foundation program, PrimeSourcing University, Oracle Financial Software Services, India
White Papers for i-flex Solutions (Now Oracle Financial Services Software)
• “Data Migration“
• “Website Designing”
Visa Status: Permanent Resident of USA (Green Card)