Davie, FL 33324
Home Phone 954-***-****
Cell Phone 954-***-****
** ***** ** *********** **********, with 13 years of managerial and leadership experience, specifically concentrated in “front of the house” restaurants of 5 Star Hotels. For food, labor and quality control.
Retail Maniacs 2005 - Present
Responsible for independent review of various retail entities contacted for quality observation, Review of said retail quality controls and the formal reporting of findings to the contractor. Some of these clients are, but not limited to; Tiffany’s, Cartier, The Hilton, The Hyatt, Ritz Carlton, Weston, Seasons 52, The Longhorn, The Outback, Legal Seafood, Smoky Bones, Brighton, Sun Glass Hut, The Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel and a number of other Hotel, Restaurants and Retail locations.
• Anonymous observation of location appearance, both inside and out.
• Visual observation of the products, merchandise and food, based from a consumer prospective.
Interaction with the Associates, Servers, Bartenders, Managers, with regard to
• customer service level, appearance, compliance of uniform standards, product knowledge. Food Preparation, presentation, taste, temperature and portion.
• Upon completion the contacted customer would be provided a comprehensive detailed report from every minute of my observations while on property. This would be in the form of a two page written report summarizing all that was well executed and all opportunities for improvement.
Sodexo 2005 - 2011
Director of Consulting Services
Responsible for the oversight and reporting of 67 5 Star Hotels and Restaurants located in the Southeastern Corridor of Florida. These Hotels include Lowes, Fountain Bleau, The Gansavort, The Marriott, The Hilton, The Hyatt, Boca Raton Country Club, The Riverside, Pier 66, Scarpetta’s, Houston’s, Preston’s, The Hemisphere, Steak 954, The Vue, and Emerils.
Responsible for conducting 4 hour evaluations and comprehensive detailed written report of the daily operations based on the following quality criteria for servers;
• 10 second greeting of the quests
• 10 points of service
• Ensuring that all tables were prepared, served and cleared properly and the timing was flawless.
• Complete quest 100% satisfaction
Criteria evaluated for the Bartenders;
• Greeting of the guest with a smile, placed bar napkin down and provide snacks
• Ensuring drinks were poured by following the 1and oz per single drink standard
• Securing payment option, hotel Card including guest name and room number, credit card or cash.
• Confirmation of the enjoyment of the beverage
• Offer of an appealing suggestion of food to compliment drink served.
• Ensuring guest was not over served
Criteria evaluated for the bussers;
• Within in one minuet clear table
• Sanitizing table, changing lining
• Sanitizing chair
• Sweeper for crumb removal
• Resetting table within banquet standards
These detailed evaluations reported my direct findings for the Hotels/Restaurants to the General Manager and Sodexo. It should be noted that the all the restaurants were rated by JD Powers. 100% customer’s satisfaction was the restaurants first priority for each and every guest experience.
All issues and or complaints were immediately resolved myself by apologizing for the situation, listening, empathizing, reiterating the complaint, showing compassion, immediately resolving the issue and providing the guest with other complimentary items of their choice.
Additional duties included counseling of non-complaint employees and witness, if necessary, employee termination.
Marriott Hotels 1998 – 2005
Senior Events Planner promoted from Assistant Events Planner
for Waterside Marriott of Norfork Virginia
Dynamic and accomplished catering and event-planning professional, with extensive experience in social and corporate markets. Notable success in large-scale event planning, preparation, logistic and production. Client-centric approach, exceptionally well-organized and practiced in conducting business at the highest level of professionalism.
Executed all catering operations with full P&L responsibility for one of Virginia’s most sophisticated hotel. Supervised a top-performing catering team of 100+. Met with all clients and partnered with Chefs / banquet staff to ensure seamless operations during all events. Provided valuable expertise for event planning. Planned all buffet layouts and room arrangements. Oversaw all financial details; managed receipts, billing, and expenditures. Ordered supplies / banquet equipment and negotiated best prices with vendors. Directed set up of audio / visual equipment.
• Established best practices for catering operations which are still in use today.
• Miss American’s Wedding
• Senatorial Campaigns
• Decommissioning of the USS Ships
• Presidential Democratic Dinners
Black Angus Restaurant 1989 – 1993
Senior Banquet Captain and Bartender
Responsibilities include management of all aspects of facility set up, food and beverages service. Supervise banquet servers, attendants, bartenders and other staff. Execute banquet events according to the banquets order and catering specifications. Ensure the banquet decoration, staff preparation, staff uniform and cleanliness. Communicate with the kitchen staff regarding the catering. Carry out disciplinary action and supervise the performance as required. Responsibility also includes the cost control by assisting the management regarding food, beverage, decoration and other equipments purchase.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS
Masters Degree in Hospitality Management - 2012 – Ashwood University
Food and Beverage Safety Certification
Marine Health and Safety Certification