E. John Juresic II, MS, CPP, CHCM
Andover, KS 67002
A leading role on the management team as Environmental, Health and Safety Director directing the vision for the Safety, Health and Security Organization with the opportunity to leverage skills and expertise.
- General Liability/Products Liability - Machine Safeguarding
- Security - 3-D Defensive Driving Instructor
- Healthcare - Industrial Hygiene
- Business Continuity - Ergonomics
Microsoft Windows 95/97/2000/2007/Vista/NT/XP, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Publisher, WordPerfect, @dventure
- Evaluated client’s safety programs to determine compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and federal regulations, and recognized industry standards.
- Conducted training programs for supervisors and employees of customers in OSHA required specific standards mandated in the OSHA regulations for general industry. Examples of training programs include: Hazard Communication, Lockout/Tagout, Machine Safeguarding, 3-D Defensive Driving, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Machine Safeguarding, Ergonomics and Blood-borne Pathogens.
- Analyzed incident and accident records to determine primary conditions for losses. Implemented corrective actions to reduce costs associated with these losses based on the analysis.
- Conducted physical on-site surveys of operations and manufacturing processes to determine compliance with written programs and to identify unsafe practices and develop follow-up action plans.
- Developed customized loss prevention action plans focusing on reducing employee injuries. Presented action plan goals to management and secured their support. Monitored results of plan based on specific measurable goals, such as incident rates or severity rates. Reported results to management on a regular basis.
- Involved with Home Office Projects: Community & Social Services. Writing of TIP and E-Focus Articles for various industry programs.
- Leadership role in providing mentoring to develop co-workers in risk improvement and risk evaluation. Conducted QA reviews of co-workers’ Risk Evaluation and Risk Improvement documents,
- Guest Lecturer for the 2002 and 2006 Kansas Safety and Health Conference.
- Adjunct Professor for Undergraduate and Graduate Security Management and Asset Protection Degree Programs.
- 1989 to Present Hartford Insurance Group, Andover, KS
Sr. Consultant – Loss Control Department
General Liability - Master. Security – Lead TRP Consultant
- 1987 – 1989 Day and Zimmermann, Inc., Parsons, KS
Senior Safety Engineer.
- 1985 – 1987 American Red Cross, Wichita, KS
Contract Corporate Health and Safety Specialist
- 1985 Central Missouri State University, Warrensburg, Missouri
Master of Science in Public Service Administration
• Recipient of Dr. Norman Keys Scholarship
• Graduate Assistant - Conducted demographic research for the Department of Industrial Safety and Hygiene. Substitute Instructor.
- 1984 Central Missouri State University, Warrensburg, Missouri
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Safety. Minor in Security
• Charter Member of the Kappa Nu Chapter of Sigma Nu Fraternity.
- 1982 Wichita State University, Wichita, Kansas
Kansas Certified Emergency Medical Technician
- 1981 Butler County Community College, El Dorado, Kansas
Associate of Science Degree in Welding Technology
- Certified Protection Professional #9247 January 2002
- Certified Hazard Control Manager #2403 May 1992
Business Continuity; Terrorism Awareness and the Security Professional; General Liability/Products Liability/Food Safety; Employment Practices; Liability Insurance; Violence in the Workplace; Security Liability; Rockford International Machine Safeguarding Training; Infrastructure and Security Concepts; Basic and Advanced Ergonomic Training; Professional Sales Skills; Achieving Sells Success.
- American Society of Industrial Security International
- American Society of Safety Engineers
2010 Third & Fourth Quarter & 2012 First Quarter – Bravo Award Nominee.