Highly motivated technician with seven years of military experience calibrating (CAL), troubleshooting, and adjusting a wide variety of Test and Measuring Systems (TAMS), and General Purpose Test Equipment (GPETE). Proficient in: Microwave, DC & Low Frequency, Vibration, Torque, Pressure, Flow, Force, Temperature, etc. Four years of experience as an accomplished Production Supervisor and Quality Assurance Representative responsible for daily operations of two efficient and highly decorated Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratories (PMEL). Exceptional managerial skills including customer relations, subordinate dynamics and conflict resolution. Highly effective in business and technical communication. Six Sigma Green Belt trained. Secret Security Clearance valid through 2018. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management and Leadership, University of La Verne, 2012
Associate of Science in Electrical Engineering with Emphasis in Biomedical Instrumentation, ECPI, 2009
Electronic and Physical/Dimensional Test Equipment Calibration and Maintenance, NATTC Biloxi, 2007
Aviation Electronics Technician – Intermediate Apprentice Technical Training, NATTC Pensacola, 2006
Managerial and Administrative
• Conducted daily operations of local Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory (PMEL) including: arranging CAL on-sites for Reactor and Steam Power Plant departments, managing workload, maintaining functionality of extensive inventory of CAL standards, drafting subordinate Evaluations/Awards and Counseling/Mentorship, etc..
• Calculated Funding Coordinator. Billed over 10,000 maintenance man-hours and created monthly spreadsheets for the purpose of tracking Fiscal Year allotments for 20 customers.
• Worked as team member of five Six-Sigma projects utilizing Theory of Constraints and Continuous Process
Improvement, which resulted in an average of 31% percent reduction in maintenance turn-around time and 187,000 dollars in costs savings. Keen talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving and streamlining
complex work processes.
• Formulated and facilitated monthly, quarterly and yearly audits on various internal procedures, such as: CAL recall, Safety, HAZMAT, Tool Control, Electro Static Discharge, etc., maintaining a 100% audit compliance track record.
• Routinely ensured the proper training of 30 junior co-workers through development of education plans on proper CAL techniques, theory, and practice which resulted in the manning of highly adaptive, technically sound and motivated professionals in two PMEL’s.
Technical and Quality Assurance
• Recognized as a subject matter expert; consistently sought out to troubleshoot and repair complex CAL and Avionics discrepancies. Restored 15 vital test sets to full mission capability, enabling USS Enterprise’s Aviation Intermediate Maintenance Department to meet all operational objectives during Persian Gulf Deployment 2007.
• Conducted engineering research imperative to CAL and repair processes, including reverse engineering, standards research and advanced troubleshooting techniques such as component level signal tracing and digital logic interpretation.
• Supervised and have been solely responsible for over 5000 maintenance actions as Quality Assurance Collateral Duty Inspector. Quality inspected 940 maintenance actions for reactor and engineering departments TAMS; in preparation for the Pre-Operational Reactor Safeguard Exam (PORSE) and post overhaul Steam Power Plant start-up.
• Maintained and calibrated Classified Avionics and Nuclear Reactor support equipment. Served as “last-
line” Quality Assurance Inspector on such equipment.
Calibration Laboratory Supervisor
Pt. Mugu,CA December 2010 - Present
Calibration Laboratory Supervisor/Technician
April 2006 - December 2010
Hubbell Lighting Spartanburg,SC April 2005 - April 2006
Spartanburg,SC March 2002 - April 2005