PO Box ***
Occoquan, VA *****
Over 35 years of experience as a highly accomplished professional with international and domestic experience in, training, executive management, business development, operations management, contracts management, contract pricing/negotiation and strategic planning in start-up as well as growth organizations. Results-oriented decisive leader with strong record of thriving in dynamic and fluid environments while remaining pragmatic and focused.
(Consultant), Davis Business Group, Oct 2006-Present .
Personnel and program oversight of contracted contract specialists in numerous Federal Agencies and commercial contractors. Provided quality contract management and procurement consulting services as Program Manager in support of the U.S. Department of Transportation, National Institute of Health, Department of Defense, Environmental Protection Agency. Responsible for ensuring all work assignments were completed on time and in accordance with all regulations and statutes. Performed contract consulting to multiple companies during this time period (proposal pricing support, oral proposal preparation/presentation, professional training seminar development, direct/indirect rate development).Executed Joint Venture with three commercial companies in pursuit of business opportunities/business development. Works as Consultant with the National Institute of Health (NIH) on various projects/programs
Vice President, Business Management, Binary Group, Jun 2008-Jul 2011.
Executive manager leading Contracts. Finance, Accounting, and Information Technology (IT) Departments reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Plan, direct, and implement policies and procedures related to these functional areas, and business management. Direct and control activities through lower management levels. Oversee overall operation and management of the Business Management departments.
• Ensures all applicable federal and commercial contract & financial compliance regulations are met
• Develop federal commercial sector strategies and interact with peers on significant matters concerning attainment of company goals
• Oversee, review & approve all proposals and resultant new contracts, subcontracts & modifications resulting in more than ## or $$ –add a range of how many per month or some result
• Collaborate with the Vice Presidents of Business Development and Portfolio Management on federal and commercial marketing and proposal efforts.
• Act as legal representative on contract interpretation and dispute resolutions, working directly with the CFO with regard to compliance, payment and audits.
• Protect company’s interests, satisfaction of customer specifications/ requirements, and adherence to company policy
• Advise executive leaders on contractual and financial rights and obligations; provide interpretation of terms and conditions; and conduct executive and customer briefings
• Interface with customer contract/accounting-related issues regarding funding, cost/schedule, changes, etc.
Director of Contracts, Michael Baker Jr., Inc. Jul 2007-Jul 2008.
Managed department of contract professionals reporting directly to the Sr. VP of Contracts and General Counsel. Directed identification, development and implementation of entire range of contract formation, negotiation and administration policies and processes to meet customer and corporate expectations.
• Drove implementation of strategic contract opportunities with the most significant impact to the corporation.
• Developed business alliances, acquisitions and divestitures, source selection procedures and process, make or buy determinations, and risk management directives.
• Provided career development and training opportunities for contract professionals.
• Provided guidance and leadership to cross-functional business team members.
• Ensured appropriate contract staffing and budget levels.
• Had mentoring and training responsibilities.
• Conducted numerous and complex contract and labor negotiations. Completely immersed in each business case which had an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
DynCorp International, LLC (2002-2006) (Various Positions Held):
Director of Information Technology (Business Development), DynCorp International LLC, Jun 2006-October 2006. Senior role in support of the Sr. VP, CIO. Created IT contract solutions for a $1.8 billion business-base. Selected, procured and installed applicable technologies. Analyzed current business processes in the IT acquisition department responsible for managing the full lifecycle of all IT requirements from development, budgeting, contracting, and delivery Supported international and domestic business development & contracts.
Director of Contracts, International Technical Services, DynCorp International LLC Mar 2006-Jun 2006. Oversaw all proposal efforts from cost and pricing preparation, contract negotiations, and contract administration/closeout to the application of customer and contract acquisition and fulfillment policies and legal requirements. ITAR, Export Control and TAAs.
Director of Business Operations/Program Manager, DynCorp International LLC Jan 2002-Mar 2006
Directed business operation for a $1.2B ($200M annual) Department of State (DoS) Time and Material, Labor Hour and Cost plus Fixed Fee contract. Managed Government Facilities worth in excess of $50M. Business operations encompassed leadership and management of the Government facilities, human resource department (recruiting, training and placing for over 600 employees); contracting department (over 150 cost proposals accomplished); and a finance and accounting department focused on profit/loss analysis, budget, accounts payable, and payroll; and an information technology department that developed/implemented a proprietary software program for tracking of all contractual functions.
Acquisition/Financial Management Specialist/Program Management, DSD Laboratories, Inc Oct 1998 to Jan 2002. Oversaw company acquisition policies and provided business development services.
AIR FORCE CAREER (1976-1998)
Senior Corporate Level Manager/Program Management, United States Air Force 1976 to 1998
o Provided Air Force Contracting policy to include manpower organization, manning, training, and education.
o Directly responsible for development of over 1,500 professional personnel. Certified Master Instructor.
o Staff Officer responsible for Air Force organization, realignment and increased efficiency through application of IDEFO (Integrated Computer Aided Manufacturing Definition) modeling and ABC (Activity Base Costing).
o Worked with all Air Force commands to develop outsourcing and privatization policy and procedures.
o Developed, coordinated, scheduled, documented and delivered training to a cross section of federal acquisition employees using Instructional Systems Design (ISD) methodology. Courses included but not limited to:
Contract Negotiation and Administration
Quality Assurance Evaluator
Best Value Procurements
• Masters of Business Administration (Acquisition/Finance)-Troy University 1992
• Bachelor of Science (Business Management)-University of Texas 1987
• Various Air Force Management/Leadership courses
CERTIFICATIONS & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
• Certified Activity Based Costing Associate, ABC Technologies (Earned Value Management-EVM techniques)
• Certified Contract Professional Manager (CPCM)
• Certified Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Acquisition Professional Level III
• Certified Contracting Acquisition Professional Development (APDP) Level III
• Awarded Master Instructor Certification in Contract Management Technologies.