Brad Jensen, CPA / MBA
Career Progression & Executive Contributions
MBH ENTERPRISES (Parent Co.) - AFG, LLC and BANKERS TITLE (Affiliates), Denver, CO
VICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCE, July 2007 – present
Affiliate: AFG, LLC (AFG), reported to CEO, appointed to oversee all finance, accounting, budget, audit and treasury functions with over $20M in assets for a hard money lender. Responsibilities include internal and external financial reporting along with direct reporting for 15 national clients, while improving internal process designs and productivity. Affiliate: Bankers Title (BT), reported to CEO, selected to provide fiscal leadership of external reporting, treasury, risk management and HR oversight to the category leader in the creation and management of over 30 joint venture title agency partnerships. Directed processes to reduce expenses, assisted in growth measures and streamlined financial reporting to provide for key executive decisions.
• AFG - Managed golf course operations for an OREO project valued at $13.5M, obtained ADP certification for staff, streamlined golf membership invoicing with customized Excel macros and V-lookup tables, and implemented remote credit card scanning – all efforts resulting in a 95% growth in project revenue
• AFG - Reconfigured the financial statement close process, increasing timeliness of deliverables by 50%
• AFG - Contributed to many work-out strategies involving Receiverships, Bankruptcy and Personal Guarantee matters
• AFG & BT - Successfully engaged BKD, LLP and Anton Collins Mitchell (ACM, LLP) for all GAAP and Tax related matters, including annual audited financial statements, 1099 reporting, K-1 reporting, along with State and Federal taxes
• AFG & BT - Primary contact for all 10+ regional / national banking relationships including proper bank account access controls, authorized check signer for all title agencies and responsible for proper escrow account reporting and activity tracking
• AFG & BT - Improved client and vendor relationships for A/R, A/P, and cash receipts, payments and accruals
• BT - Streamlined consolidation reporting for 30 title agencies using visual basic features to create dashboard reports and trend analyses for real-time action steps that historically did not exist
• BT - Created a comprehensive financial and operational reporting package used to secure a $5.5 million line of credit
CHURCH CAPITAL FINANCE, LLC, Greenwood Village, CO
VICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCE / CFO, August 2006 – July 2007
Referred by Ernst & Young Real Estate Partner to establish capital requirements, reporting methods, internal controls and external reporting for this start-up church construction fund. Aligned with key executives from UBS and leaders in church development to establish world-class service to this fragmented industry, while offering highly competitive rates and direct work-out strategies for loans with higher risk potential.
• Successfully implemented new SAGE MAS 90 accounting software and LoanLedger loan tracking software
• Coordinated efforts with Hogan & Hartson to develop a Private Placement Memorandum under an initial REIT structure
• Assisted Headwaters MB Investment Banking Firm with financial models, budgets, forecasted timelines, offering memorandums, etc. to present to potential investors under a proposed LLC structure
• Developed sophisticated Excel financial models with flexibility to manipulate various key drivers including volume, ramp-up projections, interest rate impact and personnel mix with simple data inputs
• Structured formats for capital acquisitions with several large financial institutions including Deutsche Bank, Six Degrees
Capital Management, Redwood Real Estate Partners, LLC and Share Financial Services, Inc.
DELWEST HOMES, Aurora, CO
SENIOR FINANCE MANAGER, November 2005 – August 2006
• Trained accounting and finance staff to use Newstar homebuilding software for Sales, Cost of Sales, A/R and A/P
• Led weekly financial discussions for executive meetings and prepared monthly financial statements for financial users
• Maintained banking relationships for all construction draws, lien releases and wire transfers
• Developed complex cash flow models allowing flexible sales volumes and construction timelines
ERNST & YOUNG, Denver, Colorado and Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
SENIOR AUDITOR – January 2002 – November 2005
• Public Clients: MDC Holdings, AIMCO Properties, Park Hyatt, Cross Country Staffing, Chico’s FAS, Forward Industries
• Non-public Clients: Spirit Airlines, Boston Market Corp., Alliance Commercial Properties, Xanterra Parks & Resorts, Club Acquisition Corp., NCCI Insurance, US Epperson
• Performed Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and testing for two large SEC Real Estate clients
• Supervised work of professional staff, researched complex accounting issues and prepared financial statements for clients
INTERNSHIPS, ERNST & YOUNG (2000) and MATRIX FINANCIAL GROUP (1998 – 1999), So. Florida
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida
MBA degree – December 2001 (full academic scholarship); BBA degree in Accounting – May 2000
CSCPA and AICPA member (Passed all 4 parts of CPA exam first time – November 2001)
President - Beta Alpha Psi Accounting Fraternity - Florida Atlantic University - 2001
Expert Microsoft Excel Skills
SAGE MAS 90
Adaptable to any ERP system
Teaching The Next Generation
Spending Time With Family
Certified Public Accountant -- Accounting Manager
Englewood, CO - co, clients, accountant, five, tax, accounting,...
Medical Technologist / Certified Public Accountant / Registered Nurse
Englewood, CO - medical technologist, technologist, microbiology,...
Accounting Staff Management
Littleton, CO - accounting staff, prepare, accounting, controller,...
Business Process Analyst
Denver, CO - technical writer, writer, analyst, guide, cable,...
Denver, CO - thermal, process engineer, scope, process, earned,...
Programmer, Web Developer and Network Administration
Denver, CO - c#, sharepoint, windows server, foxpro,...
Denver, CO - cfo, co, compliance, financials, forecasting, flow,...