Annapolis, MD *****
University of Maryland Baltimore Baltimore, MD
B.S. Degree in Medical Technology GPA 3.3/4.0
MT (ASCP) Certified – May 1998
03/07 – 07/09 Anne Arundel Medical Center Annapolis, MD
Blood Mobile Coordinator
• Managed donor recruitment activities while working in conjunction with assigned territorial community sponsors to develop and strengthen blood services programs ensuring the achievement of collection goals.
• Developed potential group leads through community network and provided follow-up record keeping and recognition.
09/05 - 11/06 Core Dynamics, Inc. Rockville, MD Director, Product Development
• Research project coordinator for development and implementation of an in vitro Protocol at independent laboratory sites.
• Establishes validation research procedures and protocols to satisfy FDA requirements.
06/04 – 09/05 American Red Cross Blood Services Baltimore, MD
Specialty Products Manager, Sales and Operations Planning
• Created client base from the ground up for Research and Further Manufacture products totaling $1.2M unbudgeted revenue. In charge of Product Management and promotion of sales and business development in this area.
• Accountable for meeting customer requirements including development of process improvement plans and Customer service
10/02 – 06/04 Customer Relations Representative
• Manage all aspects of the nation’s largest blood and blood product account with annual sales of $18M and for 34 dialysis transfusion centers.
• Provide technical support and advanced problem solving for customer services issues and concerns. Wrote operating procedures and delivered technical training for customer services staff.
03/02 – 10/02 Marketing Specialist
• Provided general technical support to sales and marketing staff. Served as liaison between the Red Cross and blood bank hospital customers.
• Developed procedures, forms and technical training material for customer services staff and sales representatives.
07/00 – 03/02 Quest Diagnostics - Howard County General Hospital Columbia, MD
Lead Medical Technologist
• Supervised all aspects of blood bank and tissue bank operations on 1st shift. Responsible for development, implementation and delivery of operating procedures and bench training material to staff.
• Performed manual and automated clinical laboratory testing in the following laboratory areas: blood bank, microbiology, serology, chemistry, hematology and urinalysis following standardized procedures.
• Operated, calibrated, troubleshot, and maintained laboratory instruments and equipment.
01/98 – 07/00 Georgetown University Medical Center Washington, D.C.
• Performed routine and specialized chemical microscopic, immunologic, hematologic, immunologic and microbiologic tests to provide data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
• Performed reference techniques for screening and identification of antibodies and phenotyping of potential donor units. Prepared blood products for use in surgeries.
• Responsible for execution of validation plans on testing and diagnostic laboratory equipment. Executed multiple CAP surveys.
12/93 – 12/97 United States Air Force Andrews AFB, Maryland
Active Duty Laboratory Technician
• Clinical Hematology experience. Highlights include phlebotomy, urinalysis, and various manual and automated hematology procedures.
• Performed daily phlebotomy collection as part of the USAF MGMC blood disaster collection team. Responsibilities included coordination of recruitment, scheduling and set-up of military mobile blood collection operations at various sites.