Objective: To utilize my knowledge and leadership skills in the management field and obtain a long-term career with the desire to obtain exciting challenging responsibilities.
Summary of Qualifications:
• Over ten yrs of experience in public, tax credit and section 8 housing programs.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Spanish/English.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Yardi software.
• I am a dedicated multi-tasker self-starter, problem-solver, attention to detail-oriented.
• Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws, Chicago Landlord and Tenant Ordinance regulations.
2008-Present Property Manager- Coleman Place at Legend South
Interstate Realty Management
• Responsible for day-to-day operations of the mixed-income property which include financial, marketing, customer service and capital improvements.
• Manage and ensure the success of the administrative, maintenance and janitorial staff.
• Handle financial reporting, budget preparation, A/P, A/R, G/L and collection.
• Oversee resident relations, vendor relations, marketing and leasing plans.
2006-2008 Property Manager- Eckhart Park Senior Apartments
Hispanic Housing Development Corp.
• Process move outs, security deposits and rent collections of property.
• Responsible for past due notices/14-day notices and attend court evictions.
• Maintain customer relations with prospects, residents, staff and vendors.
• Prepare required reports like financial, leasing, work orders and variance.
• Conducts interviews, recertification and leasing of current tenants.
• Responsible for accounts payables/receivables and control the budget.
2003-2006 Case Manager/ Field Inspector, Cicero Housing Authority
• Schedule interviews/inspections appointments.
• Conducted interviews for annual/interim recertification.
• Conducted annual, initial, and emergency home inspections.
• Processed new and existing leasing contracts.
• Provided administrative support to other staff.
1996-2003 Special Admissions Clerk, CHAC Inc, the Section 8 Voucher Program,
• Generated business meetings and conducted briefing seminars.
• Scheduled initial interviews and briefing appointments.
• Processed new moves to the final leasing procedures.
Education & Certificates
2009 IL Public Notary
2008 Tax Credit Specialist
2002-2007 A.A in Accounting/Business Management, Morton College
2007 Leasing License, State of ILL.
2007 Public Housing Rent Calculation Specialist, Nan McKay
1997-1998 Housing Quality Inspector Standard Certificate, HUD
Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Certificate, HUD
References are Available upon Request.